Myco's Guide to Lower Leagued toss players.

Protoss Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
Holy tits, this thing is sticky'ed.

Your a boss Myco

Your the boss' boss =D
lol,nice, stickied ^^
hey man thnx for the tips, my strategy is very different from what i see other players do.. And i would like to show you what I do... besides i forget to upgrade my robotics core and get colossi, but in everything else I think im fine.... Ill friend you and would like to play with you to show you what I do...

Thnx a lot
U GOT A STICKY MYCO :D
Very good explanation of the basics of protoss strategy and tactics, solid tips all around. Although, from what I've seen, the biggest problem protoss noobs have is either they're like me and they're just too slow; even with a balanced force that results in eventually being overwhelmed and outspent, or worse: they use horribly corrupted forms of what they hear people whining about on the forums. (Cannon rush, mass void rays or void ray rush but without ANY supporting units or tech, 4 gate rush and when it gets turned back, naturally pump out more units and attempt to run back in to a superior force, etc. Basically, they take a tactic and attempt to apply it as a strategy, and sheer stubbornness leads to a loss, and then the victor whines about how all protoss do is cheese despite the fact that they just easily crushed said cheese.)
80 probes?

When I was in plat league(before I got demoted :( I deserved it though) I almost NEVER EVER saw anyone make 80 scvs, probes unless I had attacked one of their bases and destroyed 20+ of there probes. The same goes for gold, which is the league I'm currently in.

I mean think about what your saying, That leaves 120 to fit the rest of your army in, that's doable, but you're going to have SO much left over resources, I draw the line at 58-62,

60 is enough to keep two bases completely saturated, and allows for a larger army by 20.
80 probes?

When I was in plat league(before I got demoted :( I deserved it though) I almost NEVER EVER saw anyone make 80 scvs, probes unless I had attacked one of their bases and destroyed 20+ of there probes. The same goes for gold, which is the league I'm currently in.

I mean think about what your saying, That leaves 120 to fit the rest of your army in, that's doable, but you're going to have SO much left over resources, I draw the line at 58-62,

60 is enough to keep two bases completely saturated, and allows for a larger army by 20.

However when your 120 food army dies you get it back in an instant as opposed to to a 140 food army, where re-macroing will take a bit longer.
80 probes?

The 20 will give you the advantage,possibly win you a battle with that extra 20 food.But the other guy,with his higher probe count/saturation,he can steam roll you as he can instantly relinquish his lost army,for you,it will take longer.

Trust me 80 probe is common in most long marco games.I tends to end a game around 70ish on 3 base,but in a long marco game,army size don matter anymore.Its the guy who can rebuild his army that wins a long war where both side will contiunesly suffer heavy losses.

You can do well and make a deathball 200/200 with 2base 1robo/1stargate and 5g in pvz for example.You can prob beat the zrg in a 200/200 war.However,the zerg,who is on 3-4base,will instantly restock his army to 150ish and keep adding more.You on the other hand,with your 5gate 1sg+1robo,will prob make 5gateway unit+1 vr+1 colo when the zrg can make 28 unit from his 4hatch,in the same time.It is clear that,unless you can win by a huge amount against the zerg in the first battle,you will lose.Especially since most of our high tech unit are very very hard to replace compared to z and t.(Thats is the benefit of HT,since they can be easily replaced)

Also,with good marco,I never really had spare resource untill I'm on 3 base,even then,I'm almost always short on gas still.So more worker will just allow more money to fuel your eco,and allow you to replace your loss much much faster.
Good guide, should help to regulate what I try and do in the games. I have a lot of players telling me how to play the game who do not play protoss, their tactics seem to resemble how they play zerg or terran, same with the build, about the only thing that everyone seems to say is, constantly build workers. More workers = more money!! That and constantly keep an eye on supply and is extra minerals is available then pump out a few zelots.

The only question I still have is when should you decide to start, if at all, upgrade units attack and armor?
Usually I perfer start upgrading after grabbing a expo.
Against terran/zerg who goes marine/ling heavy,its good idea to get +1armor/+1weapon early,respectively.About the time where you get your production buildings up and running.
Myco. lol. Just saw this. thx for accepting me as a apprentice tho.
myco will you tutor me? <3

Will you cuddle with me first ♥?

only if you touch my mushroom

O.o
Which one are we talking about here?
Yours will be better discribed as a sasuage.

O.o

stalker

O.o

stalker

From the shadow I cum.
To the shadow I go(Along with your undergarments)♥
UNDERPANTS GNOME I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT U
02/18/2011 1:24 AMPosted by NakaNaide
UNDERPANTS GNOME I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT U

1.Collect Naka's Undergarment
2.Collect Horst's Undergarment
3.Swap Them
4.?
5.Profit.