A Comprehensive Look At Terran Micro

Terran Discussion
Post Limit:
What is ur favorite unit
Thanks for the help! :)
Patrol split people :)
"Terran micro i silly" -IdrA
If some one can explain to me how to drop stuff from medibacs with out stopping them.
I was trying to press drop when they moving but nothign drop.
If some one can explain to me how to drop stuff from medibacs with out stopping them.
I was trying to press drop when they moving but nothign drop.

hold down D and click on the medivac itself. this is also how people do
"carpet drops" :)
thanks
Aside from arranging every individual unit, is there a quick, effective way to pre-arc? A hotkey that denotes positioning perhaps?
Aside from arranging every individual unit, is there a quick, effective way to pre-arc? A hotkey that denotes positioning perhaps?

Nope. Just box and spread D:
Big bump
3.1) Stutter Step
WHEN: You want to use this when you have a range advantage over your opponents units or if you are caught in a bad arc to increase the dps of your army.
WHEN NOT: When you have a good arc you don't want to use this and ruin it as well as potentially increasing the dps of your opponents army.
HOW: There are 2 main ways to stutter step:
1) Move command (right click) in the direction you wish to go, (If you want to kite, move away, if you are in a bad arc, move forward) then attack move and issue the move command after the firing animation starts.
2) Same thing with the move commands, but instead of attack moving hit stop button (s).
THEORY: The theory behind this is that you are cutting the useless parts of the attack animation out and using it to cover distance, preventing or delaying melee or shorter range units from hitting you. Both methods of doing this are equally valid and it comes down to preference.

Hi, why not Hold Position instead of Stop??
I tested both
-With Stop units will stop and fire nearby targets, however when there is nothing near they attempt to walk to an enemy leaving the formation.
--Units will also not attack buildings/workers if there are army-units near but not in range...
-With Hold Position same effect but units will stay in formation when nothing's near.
--They will actually always shoot and deal damage even when they would run to enemies otherwise, attacking buildings/workers for example.

So Hold position has only advantages... I am realy confused on why you suggest it over hold position after seeing you have a huge knowledge? Btw I read those hints from someone else.
Thanks
I use H for hold position as well but everyone has their preferences
Hey I think you forgot pulling back/blinking away/burrowing injured units? I might have missed it.
Also micro medivacs away from turits/spores/cannons after you have got your drop in. Instead of letting it sit above your army getting shot down while you attack.