April Fools! StarCraft II – Patch 1.4.11

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
# Bunker

* No change.

Oh you.

"Protoss players that are matched against another Protoss player will automatically start the game with 4 Gateways and Warp Gate tech researched."

LOL... its sad cuz it would prolly be good... no more wasting time in the early game
Sounds balanced to me!!!
And if you look through the failed April Fools sarcasm, you can see that Blizzard is clearly mocking the community. Half the crap on that list is stuff most of the community has been concerned about, but Blizzard seems to ignore.

Now we know they don't ignore it, they just don't care. Thanks for the tip Bashiok. It's a certain thing now, instead of a theory.

It's nice we still can't downvote Blizzard posts or report them for trolling. This doesn't belong in the "Popular Topics".

Oh noes. Is the metagame not treating you right? Should Blizzard nerf the metagame too?

qq
04/01/2011 10:00 AMPosted by Bashiok
Whenever a Phoenix performs the barrel roll animation, it cannot be damaged by any attacks.

OMG PLEASE CAN WE HAVE A BUTTION THAT TAKES ENERGY OR SUMTHIN!?!?!!?

Carrier (new unit) is now available from the Stargate.

excellent... i used some in a long PvP last night... 4 colo 4 void and 6 carriers, w/ lots and blink
lolz, i wonder what will be in the next patch for realz tho. this sht made me lmfao tho
Due to lack of appreciation by players, the Mothership has been surgically altered to be sleeker and more visually appealing, and has been renamed to the Cougarship. The Cougarship will automatically gravitate toward enemy units that have been in play for 18-21 minutes and attempt to bring them back to the nearest friendly base.

lol
jajaja... blizzard is the biggest troll in these forums...
Due to lack of appreciation by players, the Mothership has been surgically altered to be sleeker and more visually appealing, and has been renamed to the Cougarship. The Cougarship will automatically gravitate toward enemy units that have been in play for 18-21 minutes and attempt to bring them back to the nearest friendly base.

lol

Marines and Marauders now attack while moving. We felt this functionality was a lot of fun on the Phoenix and wanted to add it to some of the less popular Terran units.

zomg

Flying buildings now crush any non-massive units and Protoss Force Fields when landing. This effect can destroy friendly units.

i thought by now there would be some kind of effect other than "can't land there!"
04/01/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Multifail
This is a pretty awesome "in your face" to all the QQ'ers. Yes, they read the forums. No, they don't agree with you.

Well said.

Well crafted Blizzard, definitely good for laughs.
04/01/2011 10:12 AMPosted by DibujEx
Lol so funny, the sad part is that they know about the bad things about this games and they do nothing about it ):!
Battlecruiser movement speed increased from 1.875 to Ludicrous Speed.

it needs to turn plaid and marines need to say near it, "they've go to PLAID!"
I love you blizzard. Your humor never disappoints.
Due to lack of use, the Lurker has been removed from the game.

Oh wow that's just cruel!
XD
oh god yes Blizzard
04/01/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Scotty

Best patch note ever.
The Dance Studio has been added to the game! Teach your units new dances by purchasing them with your bonus pool. Show off to opponents, impress your friends!

why not? dancing when sum1 is about 2 die is frickin awesome, but only like 7 units have dances. they also have cheers.... can we have more emotes for more units for real?
rofl i love them all. especially the friendly fire banelings that explode when they're near anything.