All In Question (Spoilers)

General Discussion
In the final mission in the single-player campaign, I can't seem to get past 805% before I get completely overrun. Yeah, I could drop the difficulty, but I'd rather see what the flaw is in what I'm doing.

Anyone who's beaten it, please chime in with what strategy you used to succeed :)
It depends on a lot of things, did you take out the Nydus Worms or Air Support beforehand?
I took out Air Support, seemed more logical. I didn't have alot of trouble holding back the Nydus Worm outbreaks inside my base or near it, but there were 1 or two deep inside Zerg territory that stayed up.

What difficulty are you on?

Basically though, strategically place your bunkers at the choke points, put 2 Marauders and 2 Marines in each bunker, back those up with siege tanks. Once your defense is solid, long as you take out the Nylus Worms promptly, it's not really that difficult. Just keep a couple sets of banshees up to kill the nylus worms, cloaked. I kinda toggled them out so i would always have a group with full energy to cloak and get to the worms. Make sure to drop a few defenses in around your structures as well for the stuff that pops inside.
Normal difficulty.

My basic strategy- 2 bunkers at each choke point, backed up initially by 3 siege tanks in siege mode. Perdition turrets in front of the bunkers. Marauders and Marines inside the bunkers.
Mind controller tower at each choke point to grab the Ultralisks. Banshees, Valkyries and Battlecruisers patrolling between the choke points and taking out nearby Nydus worms.

Same thing happens every time - I get to about 80% with both choke points holding well, then they both just get overwhelmed, even if using the Artifact nova.

Do the Nydus worms spit out progressively worse/more units as time goes on? Reason I ask is there is always one or two well behind enemy lines I can't get to without burning a bunch of ships.
Yes they get worse over time, which they tell you. Assassinate the nydus worms with airborne strike forces.
Normal difficulty.

My basic strategy- 2 bunkers at each choke point, backed up initially by 3 siege tanks in siege mode. Perdition turrets in front of the bunkers. Marauders and Marines inside the bunkers.
Mind controller tower at each choke point to grab the Ultralisks. Banshees, Valkyries and Battlecruisers patrolling between the choke points and taking out nearby Nydus worms.

Same thing happens every time - I get to about 80% with both choke points holding well, then they both just get overwhelmed, even if using the Artifact nova.

Do the Nydus worms spit out progressively worse/more units as time goes on? Reason I ask is there is always one or two well behind enemy lines I can't get to without burning a bunch of ships.

If you dont take out the worms you will get overwhelmed eventually... if you take them out your lines should easily hold.. just watch out for that class 5 nut bag ;)

That was pretty much my strat, but used 20 banshee to take out all the worms while backing up my ground troops. and only used the nova a little after the mass overseer rush. Used mind control on all the big boys with a medic healing my ultralisks. I had about 4 bunkers at 3 choke points 5 in the top chok point... countless perdition turrets.. those things are amazing against zerg. Just sounds like you need to use more defenses.
I tried like 6 times, but couldn't beat the Nydus Worms, so I just loaded an earlier save and decided to defend against the mutalisks and brood lords instead, which was a whole lot easier with loads of upgraded missile turrets and heavy bunkers, as well as a healthy supply of battlecruisers at all times
Against Nydus Worms mode the easiest way to beat this is to have double bunkers for each choke and mass siege tanks. Make sure you have at least 2 SCV per area so they can auto-repair any damaged bunkers and tanks and each other. With enough siege tanks and all upgrades researched they will hardly ever do any damage to your forces. Make sure to exploit the high-ground with your sieges. Have a couple tanks in siege (pretty much all tanks should be in siege mode at all times) in the center of your base in case any Nydus Worms break through in bad spots. Build lots of missile turrets to make your life easier when the overlord drop comes.

Don't go crazy with Battlecruisers. Make sure you always have 2 or 3 so you can Yamato Kerrigan a few times to soften her up for your tanks. Lastly build a nice ball of marines/medics placed centrally between the chokes so they can rush to which ever side if the queen knocks out a few tanks. With enough tanks (around 15 total is what I used) you should only ever lose a tank to Kerrigan. Make sure you replace it.
Normal difficulty.

If you dont take out the worms you will get overwhelmed eventually... if you take them out your lines should easily hold.. just watch out for that class 5 nut bag ;)

That was pretty much my strat, but used 20 banshee to take out all the worms while backing up my ground troops. and only used the nova a little after the mass overseer rush. Used mind control on all the big boys with a medic healing my ultralisks. I had about 4 bunkers at 3 choke points 5 in the top chok point... countless perdition turrets.. those things are amazing against zerg. Just sounds like you need to use more defenses.

This was EXACTLY what I did and I was surprised by how easy it made the whole mission--I never once felt like I was about to be overrun. Another good thing about the mass of banshees is that they'll take down Kerrigan pretty quickly, just be sure to micro them out of the AOE thing she throws down.
Lots of tanks at chokes with reinforced bunkers. I had a control group of banshees which I used to snipe out the nydus worms and Kerrigan. Don't forget your upgrades either.

I did the same thing as well. :D

Gotta be careful when going to kill Kerrigan with Banshees though, she'll Psi storm em and hurt you pretty bad.

Damn OP Kerrigan =/
lol sounds like most of you made it easier than i did. i just all out turtled. supply depot walled with like 5-7 scv's on auto repair, few bunkers, lots of aa turrets, couple flame towers, small m3 at each choke and a MASSIVE amount of siege tanks lol. i didn't kill a single worm. made things crazy.
Pushing the attack on the further away Nydus worms tipped it, that was apparently the heart of the problem.

I wasn't even struggling to keep the defenses up against Kerrigan with the Banshee Brute Squad I had going ;)
Wall-in your base with depots and put at least 2 bunkers behind each with turret support. Order up all the Siege Breakers you can get (I think 2 sets is all that's allowed) if you have them, then send 2 to each side. Add more siege tanks to support them.

Since you took out the air, you won't need vikings.

A lot of you are forgetting the fact that the Thor's ability can smash Kerrigan in almost one shot. With all the tanks you'll have guarding your chokes, it shouldn't take more than one 350mm strike to knock her down. And there's plenty of time to recharge it between visits.

Just be sure to distract her with expendible units while you move it into position or else she'll one-shot it.
Banshees are pretty much VIPs in that Mission
Lots of tanks at chokes with reinforced bunkers. I had a control group of banshees which I used to snipe out the nydus worms and Kerrigan. Don't forget your upgrades either.

i will expand upon this. i did the use the artifact only once achievement on hard mode as well.

i had 3 bunkers with marines/marauders backed by 6-7 tanks at both ends with mercs thrown in. (war pigs, hammer sec., seigebreakers) and had a control group of 15 banshees(including duskwing mercs).

i sniped the nydus worms using the banshees as you dont encounter too much anti air on the way. the nydus might spit out 2 hydras which isnt much of a problem for 15 banshees. they also snipe spore crawlers in 2 volleys. also remember to bring your banshees back in when the adjutant warns about nydus worms incoming as one spawns by the merc compound(on hard anyway idk about normal)

the bunkers and tanks should hold by themselves. i used the 2 battlecruisers to yamato kerrigan when she comes by though i didnt build any more bc. just fight her within range of your tanks with your 15+ banshees and 2 yamato cannons.

i had to use the artifact once around 85% when i started to get overwhelmed. she comes for one last time right near the 95%? mark. i moved all my tanks to the side she was coming from and nuked her down

keep about 4 scv at each choke with repair set to autocast.

build turrets pretty early around the minerals as there is an overlord drop.

and dont forget to upgrade and gl.
Probably what you need to do is build a fleet of banshees, and send them in (cloaked if possible) to take out the nydus worms when they appear. You should be able to replace them as they are destroyed, and repair them in between waves. Maybe a dozen should do the trick.
Prerequisite to this mission should be getting Tech Reactors.

How I did this on Brutal was to put 4 Planetary Fortresses at each entrance, continuously building banshees and tanks. Tanks go to the walls. Also keep up SCV production at your planetary fortresses, so they can repair them.

Kerrigan will own your banshees, but tech reactor allows for fast enough production to have enough to take our nydus worms.

Also, use the artifact's ability whenever it's up and needed, which shouldn't be before the first Kerrigan spawn.
I'll agree with most posters on this, and have played both versions.

If you neutralize the worms:

Vikes are your friend against the waves of Mutas and Brood Lords. Park a squadron worth at each choke with turret backup, same around the artifact along with a bunker/siege in case an overlord or two make it through. Keep some vikes patrolling around your base and place a few turrets in key spots in case overlords come bearing gifts. Pack the chokes with bunkers/sieges and a cruiser at each to help out when Kerrigan shows up.

If you neutralize the flyers:

Substitute some of the Vikes in the last strat with Banshees and even more sieges at the chokes. Roving Vikes are handy against the overlords. I've gotten down to using the nova twice at the most (one definitely when Kerrigan pays her last visit).