A Bustle in the Hive: beebeebeebee's journey

General Discussion
Hello StarCraft 2 forum-goers!

A Bustle in the Hive (http://abith.wordpress.com/) is a blog I've dedicated to posting replays and self-analysis. I'm not looking for feedback on any of these games (though feedback is welcome if you're interested in giving it :)). I just thought folks might be interested in seeing the process of diving into the Bronze league with a head full of knowledge and little in the way of execution.

A bit about myself!

I'm in a bit of an odd and interesting situation as an SC2 player. The last RTS I played before SC2 was Warcraft II back in the days of the 386. Needless to say, my RTS skills are ... lackluster. :)

That said, I've been interested in the SC2 scene for months! I've watched hundreds of replays and commentaries since the beta went open in February. I have a pretty deep foundation of knowledge in how SC2 plays at the pro level.

...but I am a complete and utter noob when it comes to actually playing!

What this means, though, is that I have the ability to look at my own games pretty analytically, and I have been doing so for every game I've played on the ladder.

I don't guarantee that I'll play massive quantities of games -- I have a family to take care of, after all -- but any game that I play on the ladder, you can bet I'll have its replay posted and analyzed. :)
I reckon that thinking this analytically about my own play must be helping. I have been promoted to the gold league as of this evening, much to my surprise!
Grats! We need all of the zerg players possible in Gold league. I never, ever seem to play against Zerg for some reason.