Toss continuity question = major nerd

Protoss Discussion
Post Limit:
For the hardcore people who owned sc1 (prior to brood war when you got that little book), I got a question.

In the toss decal section in sc2 profiles, why is the icon labeled "Shelak Tribe" but have the icon of the "Sargas Tribe?" Aren't they 2 different toss tribes known in the story for 2 different things?

No its not a big deal, just wondering if my thinking is correct.

Btw, remember how in sc1 you had to upgrade wraiths just to attack the ground? Oh geez, how far we have come.
In the early stages of protoss society, the Xel`Naga came to their world and severely increased their technological advantage. They also united them mentally ( the khala ) which helped the Protoss a great bunch.

One day, the Xel`Naga left, and with their departure, the Khala broke appart and the protoss felt extremely abandonned, and they blamed each other for it. The separated into different tribes and were at war for each other for a very long time ( Called the Aoen of Strife. )

Eventually, some important protoss dude, ( I don`t remember which ) rediscovered the link that united all the protoss together in mind and soul, and reunited them into one race undivided. (The Khala, named after said famous protoss, so he was probably called something that sounds like Khala, maybe Kha, I think.)

There were those who refused, and became the Dark templar and were exiled and blah bla blah...
Question answered.
thanks for the input, but I im asking, "why is that tribe labeled as another tribe?"

also on the toss name I think its "khas" or whatever. Im not sure, I lost the damn book years ago.
Probably because even in unity, they remain different, and hold on to signs of their past ( such as decals ) and it gives a nice option for multiplayer mode?

If Canada and the US united into a supercountry, probably called something like "The Nation of Bob", all signs of Canada and the US would not be removed, a lot would keep their flags, history books, ancient national pride.
See what you are saying makes sense. It just seems like odd that blizzard labeled "Shelak Tribe" (a tribe known for being librarians and historians) with the "Sargas Tribe" icon (a tribe known for assassinations and stealth).

Weird no?
Wierd that they made terran units stronger than protoss units.
That they really can`t seem to spot the most obvious flaws in their game.
And sometimes make them worse with patches and expansions?

Wierd that they made terran units stronger than protoss units.
That they really can`t seem to spot the most obvious flaws in their game.
And sometimes make them worse with patches and expansions?

Off topic much?
Just saying, blizz isn`t known for making sense.
If they can`t get the important things right, how do you expect them to get the small things right?
It is possible that it is just an accident. I can imagine the tech who programmed the names in just going through a starcraft lore novel..."Ahh that word sounds cool! *click click* Done!"
Yeah, could be.
It is possible that it is just an accident. I can imagine the tech who programmed the names in just going through a starcraft lore novel..."Ahh that word sounds cool! *click click* Done!"

probably... its just that blizzard made WoW and when you think about all the time and energy being put into making characters and stories, a mislabel in the sc universe seems... lame?
So you think Blizzard is perfect when it comes to WoW lore?

http://www.associatepublisher.com/e/i/in/inconsistencies_in_warcraft_lore.htm

Mistakes happen. :P
Touche. WoW players, I feel for you.
They`re basically inventing ten thousand years of history. Although these are not the kind of mistakes I would expect from such an endeavor, I guess they`re allowed to do some mistakes nonetheless.
Really jojo, all you have to do is bring up that WoW has space ships and laser beams to show how inconsistent they can be.

For those not in the know, Burning Crusade's story was that the Dranei (who aren't anything like the Dranei in WC:III FT. And the "new race of Dranei" is stupid.) flew in a space ship and were shot down by lasers from the blood elves. No, I am not making that up.
Yeah but the ships weren`t theres. As for the lasers, I`m sure any kind of magic could have done that.

The ships were from the others there... the big shiny christams decoration aliens that hang out in Shattrath.