5 second freeze when SC2 starts.

Mac Technical Support
Every time I log into SC2 t freezes for about 5 seconds after I log into my account. I have noticed this on my friends mac but not on my other friends pc. It could just be the speed of our computers but it is starting to annoy me.
I get this as well, I thought it was my slow ass 5400 rpm drive causing the problem. who knows. I wouldn't say it's 5 seconds, more like half that for me.
the same happens for me on a late 2009 macbook. Although mine freezes for about 7-10 seconds. It happens very shortly after I log in....every time
yep, every time i log in on my MAC PRO, same thing on my gf's MACBOOK PRO.
Same here on my 27" iMac C2D, I just figured it was caching something as it only does it once and had no effect on gameplay.
Same issue although not everytime, but 80% of the time. It acts like its choking on loading something then runs fine.
yea same here but its not really that big of deal
I have the same issue on my late 2009 mbp 15"
Blizzard has acknowledged that menu screens have a bug which allows FPS to max out in an effort to render simple background animations causing freezes and slow downs etc. I would imagine this is involved in your problems.

I experience the same 5 second lag on when logging in, usually when the battle cruiser in the background behind the interface first loads.

Blizzard has acknowledged that menu screens have a bug which allows FPS to max out in an effort to render simple background animations causing freezes and slow downs etc. I would imagine this is involved in your problems.

I experience the same 5 second lag on when logging in, usually when the battle cruiser in the background behind the interface first loads.

Though a good guess, this is not the case. Even with the fix adding in max FPS of 30 it still happens on macs. However it doesn't on PCS. Very Strange problem.
I'm seeing this too. Right after logging in on the main screen, while the main interface news is loading, the whole game freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds. I assumed this was normal behavior as the game called home to verify the account or something. But apparently not.
Happens to me, starting to get the feeling that this is something with the mac version and not hardware specific. I always thought it was StarCraft II clearing out and allocating all the RAM it's going to need... it uses all of my 4gig. Does this happen on the PC version, too?