Does zerg need another unit?

Zerg Discussion
Post Limit:
We lack bonus to armored or light because Banelings are HIGHLY situational (though ive noticed overlord drops with'm are funny) and dont do near the damage they should for the resources considering how easy it is to take them out mid-late game. Our only +armored is ultralisk, which again is highly situational. With a large ramp, theyre alright, otherwise if you cant get a nydus worm in their base its kinda pointless once you reach their defenses and not the open field.

Only reason i dont gripe about the roach's not having +damage to armored while the other two equal tier units do is because they have a much higher initial damage. No more than 12 roaches are needed with burrowwalking researched to take out some key units...long as you dont make it seem like youre massing them forcing a ton of observers. Although i admit against armored in comparison, they do less damage than maras or stalks.

Perhaps we should have the roaches involve into a spider-like creature called Arachni or something. Give'm a trap ability to slow or ensnare units that walk over them and +armored damage, but not quite as much survivability so roaches still have a bit of use, and give them either hydra-like range or wicked speed so they can actually HIT the thors or tanks
Perhaps we should have the roaches involve into a spider-like creature called Arachni or something. Give'm a trap ability to slow or ensnare units that walk over them and +armored damage, but not quite as much survivability so roaches still have a bit of use, and give them either hydra-like range or wicked speed so they can actually HIT the thors or tanks

I like the idea of "Traps" kind of like the terran's spider mine from SC1 just instead of AoE damage it would be like a fungal growth trap. In conjunction with Banelings and Ultralisk this would work really well. Seeing as you could set the trap before hand knowing exactly where the enemy will be immobilized. Having to many of these trap deployable might be OP but that could be limited by a high energy cost, limited use per unit, or a rather short duration.

Also a ranged +armored unit would indeed be great for dealing with Thor and Tanks, not to mention colossus. If given the ability to hit them. Keeping the move while burrowed from the roach evolution with greater speed might help that. If fast enough you could move them to the flank before your main forces get obliterated and hopefully take out the Heavy units.

So good Idea, but I would guess a unit like that would have to wait for the expansion. Hopefully I'm still playing Zerg at that time. ha ha.
What happened to the corruptors... you know... CORRUPTING things? I thought that they were supposed to take over what they killed. All they've been doing for me is an air to air Viking clone...

A solution to the scourge being used against overlords is to have the overlords store scourge like carriers store interceptors. Initially, they'd be produced by overlords and die very quickly by ground to air attacks, but when the overlord evolves into an overseer, they would gain more armor, not set each other off, and stick to the target for a couple seconds before going off to allow for more than one to hit.

The 200 unit caps is also kind of restricting. If not getting rid of the unit cap entirely, make it a little higher for the zerg and a little lower for the protoss...

It would also be nice if we had a means of base defense that didn't involve massing drones... lurkers filled that void nicely...

As if the 200 cap wasn't bad enough, didn't t he zerglings have wings at one point that allowed them to jump over each other when attacking a structure?

And then there's the infestor... it just feels a little watered down when control only lasts for five seconds...
How did you get it into the editor? Did you just import the animations and models and then add an attack?

In the editor, File > Dependencies > Add the two campaign options, they will then be available to add in as you want, can then play around with them at least. working on adding the ability to morph them from either hydras or roaches, but still learning
...They require far too much effort to be successful, compared to the other races.

Every time I see someone say this I feel I should have worked on my Terran game rather than Zerg. Ha ha.

Same here :/ Sigh.

I'd honestly like to see either t1 Hydras or t2 Broodlords (never happen). But right now...I guess it's wait and see.
Zerg doesn't necessarily need a new unit; I feel like the current units have room for some new mechanics.

Overseers are a fairly empty unit, they don't exactly do much.
Roaches are seldom used for thier burrow mechanics.
Corruptors are very plain.

Adding some kind of new mechanic to these units for example could add the same flavor adding an entire new unit could.

A good point. Having units that actually have some useful abilities would fill the gap. Like attacking while bu ... oh wait, that was already scrapped :-P. Really though, new and useful abilities would be great. I honestly think Blizzard just doesn't like the Zerg for some reason.
The Terran army is greater than your army.
T1 flying unit - how cool would that be.

*mosquito*
-requires spawning pool

fast flying, light organic, 1 armor, 25 hp, larvae spawns 2 for 1 supply.

dmg 5, range melee, slows organic movement and attack by 50% for 5 seconds.

upgrades ( t3 ) acid spray (autocast ability ): deals 20 damage to mechanical, target takes +1 damage (max 9) for 5 seconds.

counters stimpack, reaper kite, late game helps against all big stuff.

A swarm of little mosquitos.
Zerg do seem a little weak to be quite honest. I believe its more of a balancing issue since new units can wait until the expansion.

Buff Zerg a bit and Terran mech won't be such a hassle. Remember the idea or Zerg is tons of units and map control.
hopefully zerg gets buffed when heart of the swarm comes out...

I just hate the fact that I'm going to have to wait that long. Ha ha.
I'm just wondering how long it will be until the next patch, as I'm sure they're leaving "well enough" alone while the initial wave of newcomers and such so they can get a better grasp at what the smart move would be. I'm definitely in the Lurker camp, but tons of issues all over to look at and deal with, i'm sure It'll come with time
I don't think any units are "missing". I'd rather they just balance what Zerg has now. I would assume Bliz would have a couple of balance patches before the next expansion. I mean this is Starcraft after all.