is it just me...

Zerg Discussion
Post Limit:
or are zerg t3 units countered by units already accessible to the other races in t2? tanks and immortals do a little too much against ultras and broodlords are countered by the t2 phoenixes and vikings. not to mention zergs t1 and t2 games also seems a little weaker than the other races. we only have one mobile ground anti-air unit too. which is somewhat slow and also countered hard by siege units?
It's only you, considering there is no ground counter to ultralisks besides MASS immortals. Hydralisks are AMAZING.

Zerg tier 1 is the best in the game, as you can hold off any kind of rush with just spine crawlers and zerglings.
Zerg is fine, ultras and zerglings > immortals. Broodlords are great too, just back them up. The question you should be asking is why did the game get to tier 3, and the answer is because you didn't expand enough.
The question you should be asking is why did the game get to tier 3, and the answer is because you didn't expand enough.

I was with you until this line. Every game will last to tier 3 unless the protoss or terran make a terrible mistake. They should be able to hold off any roach/hydra push you can do.
Yea, but they forfeit map control. Expand and crush them with mutas vs protoss and nydus vs terran. Though terran is still hard because of mech.
Yea, but they forfeit map control. Expand and crush them with mutas vs protoss and nydus vs terran. Though terran is still hard because of mech.

This doesn't work. Mutas are easily countered by phoenix and no terran worth his salt will let a nydus worm go off in his base.
Phoenix counter muta? I've not seen it.... But I'm only gold.

1 phoenix can kill 200/200 food of mutas without taking damage. Now imagine mass phoenix.
Ultras are kinda meh, unless used in very specific circumstances.
Broodlords are amazing and I want a plushy one as a pillow.

All high tier units have their counters (with the possible exception of Thors...but Terran, eh.). Generally I don't hit t3 unless I am toying with a contained opponent or the game has reached an Idra vs Sen esque stalemate and I'm trying to bust open a base.
Mass some Hydras with lings or roaches (with armor & attack upgrades) = gg.

1 phoenix can kill 200/200 food of mutas without taking damage. Now imagine mass phoenix.

i call bull@%*!

i call bull@%*!

Go type "1 phoenix vs 100 mutas" into youtube.
Ultras are kinda meh, unless used in very specific circumstances.
Broodlords are amazing and I want a plushy one as a pillow.

All high tier units have their counters (with the possible exception of Thors...but Terran, eh.). Generally I don't hit t3 unless I am toying with a contained opponent or the game has reached an Idra vs Sen esque stalemate and I'm trying to bust open a base.

You realize IdrA and Sen both hit tier 3 in every ZvT, right? And they always get ultralisks. I think you should get down your queen spawn larvae mechanics before you worry about what Sen and IdrA are doing, as you post in all these threads about how you're always losing to this that or the other.
People keep complaining that 200 Zerg vrs 200 Terran army, zerg with always loose.

This is because they don't have ultras, and because they can't macro their losses and resupply that 200 food army.

Notice also that terrans have battlecruisers. Protoss have void rays/carriers/mothership.

Ultralisks lose against thors 1v1.

Only 2 zerg units can attack air and ground.

Zerg also have a lack of anti-air with the removal of scourge.

This being said 70% of people I play against go into air as soon as possible.

This leaves me at a huge disadvantage because I dont have a super air unit to counter that mass of cruisers/carriers on a warpath to my base.

Best I have is corruptors[Which take forever to kill things]or hydras since mutas get owned.

Thus far the only way I've been able to counter those massive amounts of super air units is well placed nydus canals and a !***load of hydras.

About 15 percent of the people I play against play zerg. About half of that 15% that play zerg do it because they picked random and got zerg.

I see a reason people dont play zerg.

You haven't even played any matches, and I can see you're on your CE edition account. Unlike me, who can't even play any games because Amazon blows and I'm still waiting on my box in the mail.
IMHO(i'm not that great) zerg is fine. Granted I get steam rolled by toss and terran everyonce and a while... after watching the replays I feel like an idiot because it was something that I did wrong. Nothing to do with being zerg.

Though I will admit zerg is much harder than toss to play (havn't played much terran)

OK
that's true but no one is actually that good and if you split your mutas instead of just a clicking then even someone that good looses their phonix...

i call bull@%*!

Thats an AI programmed to do that.
And the Phoenix was upgraded 3/3.
And if you're bad enough to actually make 200/200 mutas chase that 1 pheonix then you deserve to lose to it.

Notice also that terrans have battlecruisers. Protoss have void rays/carriers/mothership.

Ultralisks lose against thors 1v1.

Only 2 zerg units can attack air and ground.

Zerg also have a lack of anti-air with the removal of scourge.

This being said 70% of people I play against go into air as soon as possible.

This leaves me at a huge disadvantage because I dont have a super air unit to counter that mass of cruisers/carriers on a warpath to my base.

Best I have is corruptors[Which take forever to kill things]or hydras since mutas get owned.

Thus far the only way I've been able to counter those massive amounts of super air units is well placed nydus canals and a !***load of hydras.

About 15 percent of the people I play against play zerg. About half of that 15% that play zerg do it because they picked random and got zerg.

I see a reason people dont play zerg.

A Hydra army would easily destroy either of those.

i call bull@%*!

Thats an AI programmed to do that.
And the Phoenix was upgraded 3/3.
And if you're bad enough to actually make 200/200 mutas chase that 1 pheonix then you deserve to lose to it.

I actually didn't check youtube, but I knew someone probably made a video of it. The thing is phoenix completely annihilate mutalisks.