Copyright laws for this forum

Joeyray's Bar
Because this is a place where starcraft 2 users could post sci-fi stories, if anyone is actually good enough and posts a story that has a lot of potential...what are the copyright laws that restrict other ppl from stealing that user's idea?
I am pretty sure that Blizzard owns it. Other users must use quotations, and such.

And the basic law of -anything you make, is yours.

Blizzard owns it. Others, do not. You are safe from all but the loving, and caring Blizzard.
Using the text adventure I made as an example, I don't think I'm protected at all. Some author could go take it from me and make it into a book and I don't think I'd be able to do anything, although giving him bad press is possible if I let the world see that he copied it from a forum =p.

Edit: I don't know much of law though, so I could be wrong.
That's what im worried about. SO i'm asking wht type of protection is blizzard giving to the people posting ideas and stories. Can someone from blizzard particularly answer this question?
I hope blizzard posts on this forum with the answer. I dont want anyone stealing my forum "A Ghost's Story" and making money off of it if it shows promise to as a book.

P.S. Answer as soon as you can please Blizzard. Thank you. :)
Well if you took it to court, you could post a screenshot of the forums. Look in the top right corner of my post. It has a date thus proving it was my idea first. However, if blizzard just so happened to take my story, either as it is or rework it into something even more nerdgasmic, I would get all giddy. I would only ask that I get free... no?... discounted.. no?... ,fine , full price blizcon tickets. Should I push the airplane tickets?
05/28/2011 07:00 AMPosted by Vultureling
loving, and caring Blizzard.
:) <3 ya blizz~
What about the other people who have contributed? like me and many others
seeing as forums are stored, the topic archives at blizzard could provide evidence of any copyright infringement... plus if it's a sc2 story blizzard will nuke there rears in court.
The rules are: whatever you post on Blizzard's Forum, Blizzard owns. (take note of the period at the end of the sentence)
actually this thread is violating forum guidelines (no petitions and no use of word blizzard or blue) so we should stop talking and inquire in some other way.
hmmmmm let's use a code Schneesturm then (if that'll solve the problem)
no they just dont like us lecturing them about stuff or making their product seem bad.
why would we talk bad about SC2??? It's one of the greatest games in history. besides, they can probubly just suspend our accounts if we do.
Hm. Although Schneesturm apparently protects our works, it seems to me to be a double edged sword. While any potential plagiarists (is that a word?) cannot claim our work, I don't suppose we can either. I don't intend to, as I have never authored a story, but what of those who seek to do so? It is Schneesturm's property now, and I don't believe any author's can claim it. So what shall we make of this conundrum?

(Psssst! Schneesturm is German for "Snowstorm". I guess that everyone here has at least half a brain and can understand my reasoning {thanks for the idea Galvian}, so edit your posts!)
yep
06/15/2011 05:12 PMPosted by Discux
Hm. Although Schneesturm apparently protects our works, it seems to me to be a double edged sword. While any potential plagiarists (is that a word?) cannot claim our work, I don't suppose we can either. I don't intend to, as I have never authored a story, but what of those who seek to do so? It is Schneesturm's property now, and I don't believe any author's can claim it. So what shall we make of this conundrum?

Discux brings up a good point. If apparently Schneestrum owns our work, what rights do we have to it? Schneestrum is a great company, but i would like this whole business about who owns what clarified, because if very serious ppl want to post very serious works in this forum, we need something in paper that would protect our works from ppl who steal. does anyone know how to directly contact schneestrum on this?
hmmmm we can always someone who works for Schneestrum at the Schneestrum-con or just use the Support on here
someone do that...request they clear it up and post. whoever gets schneestrum to do this is basically laying the groundwork to protect the ideas of the authors in this bar.
*cough cough* not it