Civilization Sapphire

Map Showcase
Post Limit:
1 2 3 20 Next
Published on US and EU.

Civilization Sapphire is based on a SC1 map by the same name.

Each of up to eight players begin the game with a small prehistoric town, which they can expand and develop into a massive and technologically sophisticated empire. After the barbarous computer controlled units have been defeated, the players will have to face each other.

Screenshot: http://i56.tinypic.com/jqj7dl.jpg
I saw that! Might try it later.
Great job the map is great for a start but it's missing a lot of things that would make it better.

Positives

-got a lot of barbarian villages which can distract from fighting others, help players test out early armies, and helps keep expansion closed in the beginning so new people aren't quickly harassed and killed (perfect for getting more people to play the game)

-the age advancement is interesting and may keep people from fast teching to later ages whithout having to wait (without an hour long wait or so)

-The more buildings you have the more buildings of the same type costs more. Makes it so that you really need to expand if you want to have that 200 or so farm spam to get a mega army easily.

-All in all the map is pretty well balanced, great job on that.

Negatives

-The research in the game is lacking to absent at times, which leaves resources for me to make an army, which is ok, but I cant help not being able to upgrade a unit untill the age after it matters, and sometimes not even at all, in order to raise it's effectiveness.

-Some of the upgraded units in later eras are just copies of units in earlier eras with more health, attack dmg, ect. which is ok, but it gets dull after a while since there's only 3 or 4 types of units and leads to spamming which a game like this should try to avoid.

-Some ages don't even make sense (Iron age ->astronomy(idk why this is here)->renaissance->medieval(not right order)-> discovery age) and some don't even show any changes apart from a different tech building(wouldnt be all that bad if there were more techs to begin with). This isn't all that much of a big issue but would probably make sense fixing up later.

This is all I have for now, but awesome job on making this map.

PLEASE don't take this as being all negative to the map, I am just trying to let you know about some thisngs that may and/or do hinder the map (sometimes just a bit) so you can figure out a way to overcome them and make this gem the best it can be.

P.S. I can help you with some ideas/helping fix bugs and stuff if you want, I can work well with triggers and the data editor.
Great map so far! What are you going to add to the map?? o.o
I have one question about the map. I fought my way up to the Sapphire Citadel, killed the boss, and took his ring. What does this ring do? If it is supposed to give me control of the citadel, it didn't.
I second Jamin's question.
I third Jamin's question.

Went single player and move my SCV with the ring around but nothing found.
Even carry that ring to all the inaccessible island with overlord.
This map should have the barbarians advance as the player advances.
Thanks for the feedback.

Some of the upgraded units in later eras are just copies of units in earlier eras with more health, attack dmg, ect. which is ok, but it gets dull after a while since there's only 3 or 4 types of units and leads to spamming which a game like this should try to avoid.

The unit upgrades haven't been given very much attention yet. They're practically placeholders. They all do the same things, have the same costs, and take the same amount of time to research. I'll definitely make that better.

Your progress pleases me.
Thanks for the feedback.

Some of the upgraded units in later eras are just copies of units in earlier eras with more health, attack dmg, ect. which is ok, but it gets dull after a while since there's only 3 or 4 types of units and leads to spamming which a game like this should try to avoid.

The unit upgrades haven't been given very much attention yet. They're practically placeholders. They all do the same things, have the same costs, and take the same amount of time to research. I'll definitely make that better.

Your progress pleases me.

The only island I could even think of taking it to is the one in the top left corner with the cave.
brought the ring to every island on the map nothing happened....

i think its a hoax
The closest thing I found to an area that would interact with the ring is this giant tree.
I second Rhox now. There's nothing to discover. Chances are Kenoli hasn't implemented anything for it yet.
I found out the Emerald Ring give carrier HP regeneration.

I somehow duplicated the ring, so I got 2 rings. But I don't know how I did that.

I gave the 2nd ring to the ring carrier (spectra), but nothing happened. After the ring carrier died, the ring disappeared. Normally after the ring carrier died, the ring will be left on the ground.

I gave the ring to enemy unit. It does the same thing, HP regen.
same thing, so weird.... its like notthing to explorer but to just tell you to waste an hour on it, but i didnt know it can be carried by spectre, and duplicate is bug
I somehow duplicated the ring, so I got 2 rings. But I don't know how I did that.
That's not supposed to happen. Can you give me the replay?
06/17/2011 09:18 AMPosted by Kenoli
That's not supposed to happen. Can you give me the replay?

After I got 2 rings and the carriers died, I just loaded my save game so I dont have replay.

I also killed the ring carrier (scv) with a tank and the ring disappeared. >_<

I also looked in the help menu and saw in the protoss units there was one called Purifier in mothership form. One of the abilities were to blow up the planet. THERE IS SOMETHING TO DISCOVER! ...
Yeah wtf with the ring and the tower? Also fyi if you kill a overlord with the ring carrier the ring doesn't come back.
Also have you thought about making each tech building upgradable like they did to the pylons in Nexus wars? That would be much less of a pain in the ass.
WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE RING!
JUST TELL US ALREADY!