Civilization Sapphire

Map Showcase
Prev 1 5 6 7 20 Next
06/21/2011 07:06 AMPosted by DarstOmega
I FOUND ANOTHER RING!!!!. ok I took a ultra to the middle island (with the zerg stuff) and gave it the emerald and them killed it. it then drop the emerald and a ruby "pendent". im still try to figure out what to do after that.

i just tried that it doesnt work
You have to aoe in the middle of the zerg island. Easy way is to just have a collosi attack your own unit in the center of it.

Edit: Found Silver Chain!
anyone notice that island with the dead guy and the ruby looking sword by the citadel?

can i have a hint for the silver chain I've been looking for it forever
Give Red and Green rings to a bird near the big tree (Bottom Center) then follow it to the tree. The tree will drop the Silver Chain.
Wait how do you give the rings to another unit? I've only found the green one and I can only carry it with a worker...

Also aaaaah love this map! Nice job man. You should institute some kind of ranking or score tracking system. I'm sure you've noticed a lot of other modmakers doing this. It gives the players a sense of achievement and also makes it easier to tell if you are playing against skilled opponents or complete noobs, lol.
When a worker is holding something it can give it to another unit. Look for the give ability on the command card.
Umm, Kenoli....... I Kno i have alot of questions and you are getting bored of them but please answer the last 2 i asked you.
How do we get the ruby ring?
in small amounts pikemen are actually almost as strong as ultralisk
snipers and riflemen easily beat ultralisk
probably should either buff up the ultralisk or make a new unit for a later age
Looks like the trebuchet got a major nerf - no longer splashes. I won't be making any more siege units until steel cannon...

Ultralisk are just bad because they are too big. Unless your army is stacked the right way a lot of them can get stuck.

I think it's ok not to have any more melee units for later ages, after all who runs around with melee weapons in real wars these days?
The issue right now is that after the centurion, no more melee units are available, while you still get range, and siege; so maybe not so much a buff but more melee units. Also because its a garrison it doesn't mean they must be melee. For example, you could add the melee unit "modern infantry" after the centurion, which would only have 2-3 range (not to take away the role of the sniper).

The idea behind taking away trebuchet splash was that trench warfare was already going on in the dark ages (it still is, but trebuchets are no longer OP); also they are supposed to take down structures/defenses not so much units. However, this seems like a provitional nerf? Since I would like to see a vs 100+ dmg structure. The other problem as well is that steel cannons do not have splash last time I check, also they are too robust, they should scale down the size of the thor.

And in general, siege units are too good on this game because of how the map is laid out. It's full of narrow chokes and passages, the whole map is a continous single corridor, which forces players to run into the siege line, unable to surround them or try other tactics.
thats why i thought it might be good to have all siege units to have limited ammo so at some point they would have to stop firing
Okay first, great job on the custom map! I love the civilization games, and its really great to see someone create a map of it on Starcraft II.

There is one major problem I find in the general map layout. There are the two bases with the siege tanks, which acts as hard blocks between players, which basically prevents you from passing through there unless you are fairly high in tech. Those two bases are located on the east, which can really favor those spawn points by creating an impassable area early-mid game, allowing players to conquer those areas without really opening new borders to other players, which is pretty imbalanced.

To win the most often, I find that making 2 of each tech building, and then 3 of each after woodworks, while constantly producing out of 1 garrison and 1 range, you can basically overpower most players in the early game, while still being really ahead in tech. The only way I've lost using this is if players team up against you (stupid alliances =P). There should be some form of trade-off between teching and going all Mongolian-style conquest on your opponents (which is pretty fun =D)

Also, if you're behind in tech, you can't really pull ahead of other players unless you start putting way more into tech than they have, which is pretty hard/guarantees you to loose later on in the game.

Overall, the map is pretty fun to play, and incorporates the general gameplay that makes Civilization so fun to play. I hope you continue to update the map frequently =)
What zerg stuff are you talking about?
Wonderful map! great work man. This map reminds me of the great maps that were created in wc3. Add more secrets! they make your map worthwhile imo.

Ive found the emerald and ruby ring from the hidden queen but what am i supposed to do with them?!?! emerald gives dmg boost but ruby doesnt give anything o.0

Keep up the work!

edit: the ruby gives the dmg boost, the emerald gives hp regen

btw, although your map is really good, dont be
surprised that it's top 10, the current top 10's are way overrated

Pure where did you finish this hidden queen?
Can you give us a list of hints to tell us how to find the secrets... I've gotten to the silver chain but I can't figure out what to do next

To win the most often, I find that making 2 of each tech building, and then 3 of each after woodworks, while constantly producing out of 1 garrison and 1 range, you can basically overpower most players in the early game, while still being really ahead in tech. The only way I've lost using this is if players team up against you (stupid alliances =P). There should be some form of trade-off between teching and going all Mongolian-style conquest on your opponents (which is pretty fun =D)

nah thats not true i do that and the more experienced players have a whole army 3 times as big as mine yet 1 unit level below mine and they beat me

oh yeah and i just played a game where at the start i wanted to kill the urdarak or what ever its called for 50 extra mins and its near a cliff, when i attacked it the creep camp on top of the cliff attacked me and they attracted another creep camp and i died
the creeps are still too close
Okay first, great job on the custom map! I love the civilization games, and its really great to see someone create a map of it on Starcraft II.

There is one major problem I find in the general map layout. There are the two bases with the siege tanks, which acts as hard blocks between players, which basically prevents you from passing through there unless you are fairly high in tech. Those two bases are located on the east, which can really favor those spawn points by creating an impassable area early-mid game, allowing players to conquer those areas without really opening new borders to other players, which is pretty imbalanced.

Actually, there are also one or two of such bases located in the west.

And in general, siege units are too good on this game because of how the map is laid out. It's full of narrow chokes and passages, the whole map is a continous single corridor, which forces players to run into the siege line, unable to surround them or try other tactics.

Agreed. If its a turtling tech-er using tanks to allow himself to continue teching the quickest, then i'd say make siege units cost even more gas?