Civilization Sapphire

Map Showcase
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
Kenoli,I found all 3 items. Is there something else out there can you please tell me so I don't waste my time finding other things that are not true? I found the Ruby ,emerald ring and silver chain.
Please make a ranking system.

Also -- please make an option at the beginning to enable / disable alliances, play team matches (pairs of 2 or w/e makes it even), etc.

The game gets kinda ridiculous when all the other players decide at the beginning let's all ally together and go against XX who is the last to ally...

The camp on the middle/east side, the creeps on the northern ledge/near the first + northern gas aggros like mad. Simply moving slightly north to cap the gas aggros all of both camps.
what about adding a new system where you could pick which units u want instead exp if a person is more of an agressive person they would choose more type of units that go to that style also if a person is more defensive then they can pick the units better for defending just an idea
06/23/2011 02:40 PMPosted by Vancleave
what about adding a new system where you could pick which units u want instead exp if a person is more of an agressive person they would choose more type of units that go to that style also if a person is more defensive then they can pick the units better for defending just an idea

Kenoli says it "would be too complex", he likes simple, strraightforward, same units for all- type of thing; and that adding much other complexity that I have also proposed would deter new players from the game.

But then again, aren't about half of the customs on the first page EXTREMELY complex? Take marine arena for example. So many choices, branching units and upgrades, tactics and combinations; but man isn't that game popular.
I agree, the game actually gets kind of boring right now. It's just all about macro. It would be more interesting if everyone wasn't just trying to do the same thing, as fast as possible.
Also is the emerald ring and ruby pennant supposed to dissapear after you get the chain.
This game is amazing--now, to share my insights on the island's secrets...

I got the emerald as described. I used it to get the ruby, as described. The Bird gave took only the emerald, and I got silver chain from the tree (and kept only the ruby) I cannot figure out what to do from here forward. Spots of interest are the C-shaped island in the southeast. It is C-shaped (as in "chain"), and has a lightning-coated vessel of some sort (looks like a toss carrier) under the water nearby. There is also an outcropping of rocks like stonehenge in the northeast, as well as a waterfall. I'm sure you all know about the cave in the Northwest.

Kenoli, can you offer a small bit of insight? Affirm or deny some of the intuitions I hinted at above? Tell us whether the secret is finally in place? I would like to know if It's worth it to spend another few hours here looking for more.
Has anyone figured out what the dark longbowmen do?
Alliances break the game since its FFA
Green Ring= Health Regen
Red Pendant= Damage Buff
Silver Chain= Speed Boost

Lose Green Ring if you want the Silver Chain

Thats all i have right now

Edit: Don't want to say how to get anything to avoid spoilers
I think the thing on the water is just there as I've seen it in campaign but he might have put it there on purpose so IDK
So I killed something on every Island with and without the chain and pendant and had something on every Island at the same time so I think that there is nothing left to do right now
well at least the ending of the puzzle is pretty obvious
and did anyone notice the dead guy with the red (or ruby) sword in his back?
06/23/2011 09:12 PMPosted by SanderCohen
did anyone notice the dead guy with the red (or ruby) sword in his back?

Tried to kill guys there with and without the stuff... nothing.
The broken carrier thing by the c-shaped island does nothing as well unless it does something later, suiciding you entire army over it with the chain and pendant does not please the Kenoli god enough to grant anything new
06/23/2011 11:14 AMPosted by Pure
Actually, there are also one or two of such bases located in the west.

Those two don't blockade that much, because the two mid bases can still have a secondary way to get to each other. The problem with the two east ones is that they completely block the eastern bases, forcing you to attack another player before reaching the bases.

06/23/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Dak
Has anyone figured out what the dark longbowmen do?

What Dark Longbowmen is Dak speaking of?
After you get the ruby, all future longbowmen that you create have a dark outline in the Information Panel in the UI display and have around 190 health instead of 130. I've noticed it every time I get the ruby so I don't think its a glitch.
06/24/2011 11:49 AMPosted by Dak
After you get the ruby, all future longbowmen that you create have a dark outline in the Information Panel in the UI display and have around 190 health instead of 130. I've noticed it every time I get the ruby so I don't think its a glitch.

uh i never noticed that
try to kill one at the dead body with the ruby sword stuck in it with the unit that is holding the ruby
Apparently one of the upgrades was inadvertently affecting Longbowmen HP. It wasn't related to the Ruby Pendant. It's fixed now.
No one has even mentioned the Ethereal Entity. Maybe you have to take the silver chain up to him, I haven't gotten the silver chain yet though, I got the other two items though.