Gem Tower Defense Release

Map Showcase
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
What is this business with the running Thor? It drags the game to hell (I cannot imagine anyone beating guy fast even on Easy mode), removes one of the most fun elements in the game (earning income, upgrading towers, trying new towers) for a long duration while the Thor is running.

Can you also update the 1st page with fixes? (as in list of change logs)..thank you for this awesome map! This was my fav in SC1
Another thing...instead of letting individuals pick their own difficulty, how about voting for the entire game's difficulty so everyone is doing same difficulty?
10/03/2011 11:11 PMPosted by SojuNbeer
What is this business with the running Thor? It drags the game to hell (I cannot imagine anyone beating guy fast even on Easy mode), removes one of the most fun elements in the game (earning income, upgrading towers, trying new towers) for a long duration while the Thor is running.

You probably got to see the Thor right after I released it. I toned it down significantly after that. Hes still pretty dangerous and will cost almost everyone at least one life. I was able to do over 200,000 damage to him on the first run though.
I love the map. It's awesome. Congrats on it hitting the top of popularity.

Any chance to make the thor not spawn on easy? or be able to (not unlike being able to choose your difficulty) choose whether it spawns?

I'm pretty noob at this, and when the thor spawns I take the time to piss or do other things cuz it takes 2 runs minimum to kill somtimes three depending on how well i do on easy. Which is incredibly dull and boring. Easy should be a fun cakewalk where nubs like me can learn the game and enjoy it. I don't wanna watch a thor run around for 7 plus minutes without being able to build anything, at least until I'm good at the game.
Awesome map, almost killed the final damage test during race on normal. (Did 2.2222 million damage to it, a much bigger improvement over the previous 900k I had. :D) Although, I thought the final boss would be a rerunner, since to win at the final boss all you need to do is let him through it seems, at the cost of a lower high score.

Another little complaint: the one-shot mechanic a bit "unfair". Yes, you're lucky when you get a one-shot, and in fact I don't mind that it's in the game. The problem I have is that if you already have one of the gems built, and you get the other two in your current round, you can't build the combo. So it's either you build a combo in one turn, or three separate turns. Some people can get three one-shots using three turns, while for me to do the same I need to use 9 waves without one-shots! Why even bother continuing at that point? There needs to be a middle-ground of some sort. I heard "plates" mentioned, maybe make some sort of slot you can store a gem in for later use?
10/04/2011 01:09 PMPosted by KScorp
the one-shot mechanic a bit "unfair".

You know what else is a bit unfair? People winning the lottery on their first ever ticket, while you have bought 5 every week for 40 years and never won more than 20$.

The game revolves around luck, and some people have it and some people don't. I've played a lot of this map and I rarely see anyone one shotting anything that isn't silver or malachite (and sometimes star ruby), so I think its fine how it is.
I didn't realize the lottery was a competition. My mistake. The point you make about only early towers being one-shotted is fair enough.
the SC2 gem td map should be exactly the same as the Warcraft 3 version.

the difference is the spacing is off by 1 rock space.

for example:
player 1
start---------1------5----4
--------------|------|----|
--------------2-----------3
---------------------|
---------------------6--------finish
in wc3, that spacing between 1 and 5 is 5 rocks, 5 and 4 is 5 rocks too.
but, in SC2, the spacing between 1 and 5 is 6 rocks; 5 and 4 is 4 rocks.

the number 1-5 represent the spot the creeps need to go to.

please fix this.
10/04/2011 02:30 PMPosted by lvlupnow
please fix this.

Pedantic much? I don't intend to make changes like this just to match the original game. You'll probably notice that a lot of the numbers in my version aren't the same as they were in the original game, either. And I intend to take the game in new and interesting directions that weren't in the original game either.
The luck factor is exactly what keeps this game interesting. If you could simply choose what towers to build each round, you'd end up doing the exact same thing every single game, and it'd be boring after a few plays. This has ultimately been the downfall of 99% of the other TD maps out there.

Also, I'm not sure if the lucky chance is working correctly. My understanding of how it's intended to work is that it's supposed to increase your overall chance to get a perfect gem for each rock placement. As in, out of 5 rocks, at max lucky chance I'd have a 55% chance for one rock to be perfect, then a 55% chance for the second to be perfect, and so on for all 5. Is that right? Or does it mean you have a 55% chance for a single perfect and then the bonus disappears when you make it?
Lucky chance only gets you one perfect per round
First off, best map ever made.

But, I'm going to have to agree with some of the other posters in that the re-runner in race mode......is agonizing. The difficulty is not the issue, it is EXTREMELY boring. I literally minimize SC2 and go browse private photobuckets for 5 or 10 minutes. I've never played a map that had a feature that caused me to actually leave the game space for an extended period of time. I'm actually typing this right now while I wait for the re-runner to finish.

Of course you did 200k to the re-runner in one pathing. YOU MADE THE MAP. You probably have the best path strategy physically possible. That's far far far far from everyone else.
It's not just me that can do a lot of damage in one run. I made it an extra bit easier if you're on Easy. Let me know how it goes...
lol
i oneshot the aoe ruby one :DDDDD

P.S. That ruby tower if mazed right can ALONE drop 100k on the damn thing.
let me show u how to play extreme ! although i lost... on 32 race mode lol
this is one of my beloved maze , so dont copy... could have done better but not good in that spot...
REPLAY- http://www.mediafire.com/?qb87czn80ba5xkv

the air stage was pretty hard in the end,
and the thor boss is impossible to defeat within 2 -3 rounds and its gonna make a huge difference in the competition...
i think extreme should have some extra bounty or buff to some sort of stuff to balance..
i believe extreme is unbeatable right now on race mode...... air just %*%* all.... even if u get red crystal, its just the matter of time u will lose ... wave 44, 48
Extreme mode is extreme(ly) hard. That is the point. If it ever gets to the point where people can clear extreme easily, I'll make it harder. If you want to win consistently, play easy, normal, or hard.
please fix this.

Pedantic much? I don't intend to make changes like this just to match the original game. You'll probably notice that a lot of the numbers in my version aren't the same as they were in the original game, either. And I intend to take the game in new and interesting directions that weren't in the original game either.

what i am saying is, i like the map to be even/symmetrical. i don't care about the towers are not the same stats as the wc3 version.
a 6-4 split is not as pleasing to a 5-5 split in the map.
when i make my maze, it screws up the maze setup.
since, it's only a small change to the map. please change it.

respond to your last statement, good for you. however, the 6-4 split is not new or interesting.

what i am saying is, i like the map to be even/symmetrical. i don't care about the towers are not the same stats as the wc3 version.
a 6-4 split is not as pleasing to a 5-5 split in the map.
when i make my maze, it screws up the maze setup.
since, it's only a small change to the map. please change it.

Not going to happen, sorry. This may have started as a remake, but its a new map now, if it matters THAT much to you how many squares are between the waypoints, you should probably go play the old map