Heart of the Swarm Price?

General Discussion
I was looking around for any predictions of the price of the coming expansion.
The predictions ranged from 20 to 60 dollars.
So I just tried looking it up on Amazon and i found the pre-order for HotS is 60 bucks!
http://www.amazon.com/StarCraft-II-Heart-Swarm-Pc/dp/B002I0KP4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319660874&sr=8-1

Isn't HotS just an expansion? why so expensive?

any thoughts or comments?
I doubt this is real considering they didn't even announce a beta yet. And it probably comes with a strat guide. They said they'd price it as an expansion.
my thoughts are that they are going to charge $60 because blizzard's CEO is Bobby Kotick and anyone here who doesn't know who that is you should because he's very reprehensible.
Tree fitty?
I expect the same pricing as SC2.
10/26/2011 01:36 PMPosted by Metal
Tree fitty?

NOW DONT BE GIVIN BLIZZARD NO TREE FITTY!!
$30 or $40
probably amazon overpricing as normal. i remember seeing the WoW cata collectors edition costing $144 dollars on amazon... and like $60 from gamestop
i dont think it will be $59 cuz it is a expansion. 25-30 max
$40
I think it should cost 50 min 25 gas.

Because it's disposable and exists for balance.

JK JK
Why get it on Amazon. Why don't you buy it straight from blizzard.
10/26/2011 01:35 PMPosted by iDontKnow
I doubt this is real considering they didn't even announce a beta yet. And it probably comes with a strat guide. They said they'd price it as an expansion.

They never said the price would be as an expansion. They said the price will be equal to the content for the game.

Meaning if they feel like it has more than enough content than they will have it priced at $60.

Remember when they talked about possibly making the expansions also be stand-alone expansions? ( IE a excuse to charge full game price )

That being said though I would imagine, if Blizzard does do that.. a lot of people would be upset. However a lot of people will be buying it regardless.. so they wont be hurt much by it.
10/26/2011 02:38 PMPosted by Rasputin
They never said the price would be as an expansion.

Yes they did. Multiple times in multiple places. Here is one of those:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/faq#q7
10/26/2011 01:50 PMPosted by TheBaconator
Tree fitty?

NOW DONT BE GIVIN BLIZZARD NO TREE FITTY!!

Well I already gave them tree fitty once
Its amazon people c'mon. They are pricing it as a new game to get sales thats all. Dont take it as set in stone pricing. Its just so they can get sales from it right now and then later when the annoucment is made they will adjust the price and reimburse people later. The point of that though is that amazon will already have your money.
it will be 40ish

the Amazon price is set at 60 as a maximum price the actual price has not been releasede nor has the release date.

Amazon and other site set a price a date so they can start taking preorders and will refund you the difference between the pridicted priace and tha actual price. They do this beacuse if you charge someong 60 and refund them 20 when it turns out it is 40 they are alot happier then when you charge thenm 40 then charge them another 20 when you find out it is 60
It will be 39.99 or 49.99 I promise you.
10/26/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Nix
my thoughts are that they are going to charge $60 because blizzard's CEO is Bobby Kotick and anyone here who doesn't know who that is you should because he's very reprehensible.

Blizzard's president is Michael Morhaime, last time I checked. Robert Kotick is Activision's CEO.

And considering a release date wasn't even announced, I guess it's just Amazon guessing what the price will be.