Broken Cursor

Technical Support
Whenever I seem to play SC2 for a long period of time, my cursor, no matter what race I am breaks and look really odd ..

Was wandering if anybody else experiences this problem in SC/ or Windows 7. Oh and also it doesn't fix it self until I do a restart and oddly it will carry over to windows after i exit the game. Could someone please help me out on a fix to this problem?
this happens to me also, while playing it the mouse cursor turns into a weird bar then when i close SC2 my mouse cursor is pixelated till i turn off my PC.
this happens to me also, while playing it the mouse cursor turns into a weird bar then when i close SC2 my mouse cursor is pixelated till i turn off my PC.

Yes!
What i tried to put in my first post thanks for simplifying
8D
I just ran into this issue today and logged on to post about it, I am glad to see that I'm not the only one with this issue. Let's try to see if we can figure out what is causing this/how to fix it. What are your system specs/what are your graphics settings?

I have a windows 7 64 bit machine. 4 gigs of ram, and a 1GB ATI Radeon 5850. My graphics are set to Ultra.
I have this same issue as well. A blue post or something help would be nice
This happens to me on one of my machines. Brand new laptop, ATI Mobility Radeon 5870, Intel Core i7 720QM, ultra settings. My older desktop with an nVidia 8800GTS runs fine at the next step down in graphics. Not sure if it's being at the higher setting or some card incompatibility. Based on how it looks, though, I'm guessing the latter.
I also have windows 7 64 bit, 4gigs, 1GB ATI 5770, ran at Ultra..
Just built her so I want it to run flawlessly with SC2 and this is starting to get rather annoying to have to reboot every time, what seems to be, the image of the cursor or w.e it uses is .. bugged(broken)
I've had my cursor "break" five or six times. It seems to happen after I've been playing awhile and after I've been frantically selecting many forces. The cursor looks sort of like a tilted short stack of pancakes. It seems to correct itself automatically after a short while. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with an ATI 4870 x2 video card and catalyst 10.6 drivers.
At least I know now it is SC and not something else!

Thanks XrayDoc for giving a better description of our problem.

Mine will only correct itself after a reboot though. . .

Anyone with Nvidea having this problem?
This has seemed to work for Windows 7 users:

1. Right click on your desktop and select Screen Resolution
2. Click on Make text and other items larger or smaller
3. Change the size of text to Smaller - 100% (default)
4. Apply, click on Log off now and restart
I don't have this option because mine is already on 100% (default)

So..

I cannot complete step 4 =(

Yet the same thing is happening that everyone is suggesting above.
LazyStoner,

The devs are looking into reports of this happening but haven't been able to reproduce it internally yet. Updating to Catalyst 10.7 has fixed it in at least one reported case though.
I started having this problem yesterday as well.

Windows 7 running graphics in Low
In the mission if I push the mouse all thew way to the top of the screen, it does not reach the top (ie I can move the map screen up by moving mouse us, I have to click on the mini map)

I also cant click on any of the menu items at the top.

Pretty much makes it impossible to play game (champagne mode at least)

LazyStoner,

The devs are looking into reports of this happening but haven't been able to reproduce it internally yet. Updating to Catalyst 10.7 has fixed it in at least one reported case though.

Ok!

Thank you for looking into it and sharing the results you've received. Ill give my card the new update and get back to this thread If I continue to have the same issue.

Thanks!!
8D
It seems to be common with:
ATI HD 4xxx or 5xxx
Windows 7 (possibly only 64bit?)
Any 10.x driver seems to have the issue

I've got the same problem as well, the corruption extends to the Windows cursor after exiting the game. For reference:
Win7 x64 (i5-750, 8GB RAM)
5770 1GB
Catalyst 10.7a
Running SC2 (mostly) Ultra @ 1280x1024

The probability of it breaking increases the longer I play (in campaign, this typically means 2-3 hours pretty much continuously with lots of saving/loading in between). Alt+Tabbing also seems to contribute to it breaking.

There are a few mentioned temp fixes (like opening magnifier, or enabling mouse trails) to make it show properly in Windows, but none of these will fix the corrupted cursor in sc2. The only cure is a reboot.
i didn't get that much but i did get it so i updaed Catalyst 10.7 played a game and got it lol

its really nothing game breaking just kinda weird/distracting

i'm running windows 7 64bit and a Ati 5830

This has seemed to work for Windows 7 users:

1. Right click on your desktop and select Screen Resolution

2. Click on Make text and other items larger or smaller

3. Change the size of text to Smaller - 100% (default)

4. Apply, click on Log off now and restart

i also did and still nothing, it goes away when turn it off
I also experience this issue on my ATI Radeon HD Mobility 5730 with CCC 10.7.

The only way I am able to fix it is to restart my computer entirely.
I have an ATI radion 5570 and this happens to me
(bump) im wondering if this is a 'known issue' or not its starting to make games unplayable as sometimes I dont even have a usable cursor. if it happens in a casual game w/e I can just reboot my computer (every time it happens..) but if it happens in the middle of a real game then I basically lose the game as I cant click on units accurately.
This is a problem with ATI cards and has been for a long time. They have yet to fix it. http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=122476
Lots of information there...

BTW

It occurs much more frequently on dual screen setups