Looking for 1v1 help as Zerg

Zerg Discussion
Well, the title says it all. I kinda put myself in a hole by ranking to the diamond league as Terran. Then quickly realizing that Zerg is the race for me.

I just don't know how to play 1v1 as Zerg. Every match is seems I am just out massed. I feel like I have to macro my bases and such and never get around to getting a large enough army to deal with people who just mass and attack.

I have the skill to manage, my games average about 85-90 APM, which I assume is OK, and enough speed to manage the tricks of zerg.

So I guess I'm just looking for someone who can point me in the right direction for playing z for 1v1 and tips in general.

Thanks
Take my advice with a grain of salt, since I don't know specifically what you want to improve in your game.

First, I've noticed a bit of improvement in my game once I started paying more attention to my Queen. In theory, you could be using her ~ every 45-50 seconds, right?

Plus, read these forums. Read as much as you can.

Watch some Day9 dailies that focus on Idra.

Search Youtube for some Zerg replays.

All of these things can help you improve your game or at least give you a better idea of what you should focus on.
Also watch the Day9 with Artosis, he is my inspiration and we match in style, plus Day9 does a series on him so there is a lot of information out there.
yeah there is a lot of helpfull forms out there. read read read. thats what im doing. GL
queens are your best friend, and you have to react quickly. If you try to predict more than you react you'll be spending resources for the wrong things. Happens to me when I'm trying to get all the counters to Terran harass.

otherwise, there are some damn good posts around here and watch Sheth, Idra, Dimaga, or Sen. They're some of the top zerg players that seem to get televised a fair amount.
Post some of your replays. Without replays, it's all empty talk.
Well, the title says it all. I kinda put myself in a hole by ranking to the diamond league as Terran. Then quickly realizing that Zerg is the race for me.

I just don't know how to play 1v1 as Zerg. Every match is seems I am just out massed. I feel like I have to macro my bases and such and never get around to getting a large enough army to deal with people who just mass and attack.

I have the skill to manage, my games average about 85-90 APM, which I assume is OK, and enough speed to manage the tricks of zerg.

So I guess I'm just looking for someone who can point me in the right direction for playing z for 1v1 and tips in general.

Thanks

If you don't seem to have enough units then try to get some mutas to harrass or contain them and expand more. If you came from Terran you might not be expanding as much as you need to.