breaking über walls?

Zerg Discussion
Post Limit:
This terran guy I played today had a wall that was about 6 supply depots, which yknow, is no big deal, but he also had 7-8 siege tanks in siege mode all up on the high ground to ward of banelings, and missile turrets and marines EVERYWHERE in his base for mutas/broodlords.


How do you beat this? :(
Take advantage of his immobility. Expand, contain him inside of his base, get Brood Lords and Corruptors. Brood Lords outrnage Missile Turrets and can't be hit by Siege Tanks, and they take very little damage from Thors. Corruptors will thwart any mobile anti-air such as Vikings that try to attack your Brood Lords.

Voila.



Whatever you do -

Don't run in there, guns blazing.
yeah, he gets 10% of the map, you get the other 90%
It seems like zerg have a lot of complicated options to solve a relatively simple defense.
I played once with a player like that, I kind of rushed him but he built an early planetary fortress and blocked off. I teched for t2 then scouted his based and found some siege tanks so I gambled for a bit made an early double expansion and by the time he went for his push I had an economic advantage so large I just a-click suicide my units to his base then made another wave of units and a-clicked then I won.

He had a few siege tanks and I had no air units, just upgraded ground units but I overwhelmed him with because I had the economic advantage. Just be careful that he's not preparing for a push while expanding. Make use of overlords and overlord speed. :)
I really, really wish that the Overseer's Contaminate spell would disable the firing ability of defensive structures. It could even have its duration halved against non-production structures, I would still use it like crazy.
Has happened a lot lately. Just make sure to keep him contained. If he tries to expand, chances are a minuscule force is guarding the expo or his main is being left alone. Either way, it will give you a good opportunity to deal huge economic damage.

If he is turtling badly... tech to broodlords to destroy whatever you can from the distance, and have some support from corruptors or mutas in case he has/gets vikings.
Sadly all you can do is try to starve him. Take control of the entire map, and pray he doesn't have the minerals with his main/natural to amass a 200/200 army. But chances are he does if he never left his base/lost units before.

Also hope he doesn't attack early while you're setting up hatcheries and teching to broods. Somehow you need to put pressure on his fortified base without giving up units(resources)
Take advantage of his immobility. Expand, contain him inside of his base, get Brood Lords and Corruptors. Brood Lords outrnage Missile Turrets and can't be hit by Siege Tanks, and they take very little damage from Thors.

Like he says. But I removed the corruptors part being good vs viking cause its not good. Might as well use muta.
Take advantage of his immobility. Expand, contain him inside of his base, get Brood Lords and Corruptors. Brood Lords outrnage Missile Turrets and can't be hit by Siege Tanks, and they take very little damage from Thors.

Like he says. But I removed the corruptors part being good vs viking cause its not good. Might as well use muta.

The difference with corruptors they have more range( them mutas and do more DPS) you can morph them into BL's as needed and Muta's still take alot of damage from kings( and have 80 less HP and 0 base armor) and get creamed by thors. Honestly I think the corruptors are the better choice if your going to mass BL's to blast them out of their base and with 3-4 bases worth of gas going you won't have to worry about being gas limited.

Join the Conversation