Lack of New Zerg units

Zerg Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
If zerg even had the same units from BW. We would be able to compete balanced.

Zerg cannot move off creep like they did before.
baneling= kills it self. total cost is like 75 and a lot of gas...bling is really only useful in group of 6 or so. thats like almost 500m and a lot of gas for just 6 blings. How is that useful in the early game. The cost sucks for the mere fact they kill themselves.

Hydra is weaker before...so is the zergling...no lurker..no scourage.. devour is the same has corrupter and blord same has guard.

infestor is a downgrade and a joke compare to bw deflier.

Please tell me..who the heck makes the 2nd game and buff the other too and make zerg worse then they were in BW. Who makes these crap. Zerg race is a complete joke.

You only played 17 games? I would think only people with 50+ games would talk like this.

I played all of beta buddy...and just recently got the game a day ago. So thank you

You're welcome. Gratz on finally getting the game. Now less QQ and more pew pew! :D
i don't see how bringing back old units is the solution. yea they work but its not what i want. as i have said many many times...we need gamebreaking new units. i want to feel fresh and new like the toss and terrans

I hear you... I was just trying to make a point. Old zerg would be way better off to handle the new terran and protoss.Since they made zerg forgot how to run off creep.. They should had made terran forget how to breath in space or alien worlds without suits... Or how about protoss forgetting their shields. Ya terran and toss would totally RAGE. Because it makes utterly no sense at all..unless you purposely wanted to downgrade zerg
i don't see how bringing back old units is the solution. yea they work but its not what i want. as i have said many many times...we need gamebreaking new units. i want to feel fresh and new like the toss and terrans
If zerg even had the same units from BW. We would be able to compete balanced.

Zerg cannot move off creep like they did before.
baneling= kills it self. total cost is like 75 and a lot of gas...bling is really only useful in group of 6 or so. thats like almost 500m and a lot of gas for just 6 blings. How is that useful in the early game. The cost sucks for the mere fact they kill themselves.

Hydra is weaker before...so is the zergling...no lurker..no scourage.. devour is the same has corrupter and blord same has guard.

infestor is a downgrade and a joke compare to bw deflier.

Please tell me..who the heck makes the 2nd game and buff the other too and make zerg worse then they were in BW. Who makes these crap. Zerg race is a complete joke.

You only played 17 games? I would think only people with 50+ games would talk like this.

I played all of beta buddy...and just recently got the game a day ago. So thank you

You're welcome. Gratz on finally getting the game. Now less QQ and more pew pew! :D

lol I still pew pew..just like to QQ about the obvious design flaws and purposely downgrades.
whoops i posted the same thing twice
i like the infester but fungal growth has always seemed lackluster to me it does a pitifully small amount of damage and the affected units can still attack. that seems lame to me. i always figured fungal growth was the reverse of dark swarm. it stopped your enemies from attacking so you could close the ground. but it doesn't stop the affected targets from attack it just immobalizes them
bump no thoughts or opinions on whether zerg needs new units? don't let this thread die XD
Goliath -> uber upgrade to owns everything Thor
fire bat -> OP marauder
vulture -> hellion
valkery -> viking with ability to attack ground
wraith -> banshee
science vessel -> Raven
+ Reaper, the most OP harassment unit ever.
dropship becomes medic
tank got a huge boost in power
+ Reactor for swarming
tech tree is simplified
maps favor wall ins

zealot gains charge
dragoon -> stalker, gains blink
+ sentry caster with OP forcefield
dropship becomes proxy pylon
+ Immortal anti tank
Reaver -> Collossi who can actually shot past cliffs
Corsair -> new plane thing
scout -> OP Void Ray
Arbiter nerfed into mothership
- Dark Archon
+ Warp in for outswarming zerg

+ Roach
+ Queen, Glorified turret and mandatory busy work
- Old Queen
- Scourge
- Lurker
Overlord nerfed into two different units
infested Terran -> Baneling
Defiler nerfed into infestor
devourer -> corrupter
I'm perfectly happy with the new zerg race. Hydralisks and Mutalisks are key to the zerg image, not to mention the idea of the swarm. To get rid of those would make the zerg a totally unrecognizable race. Not to mention I would have cried if they got rid of Hydralisks. :[

Blizzard took roughly 10 years on this game. I think they did the best they could, and I think it's a hell of a game, and by far my favorite next to Half-Life. If you want new units, either try to work for Blizzard yourself, or make your own game with all the races and crazy new monsters you want. I'm not opposed to the idea of ADDING new units, but am, however, opposed to the idea of removing any.
Like the Nursery idea. I like it very much.

If your diligent about you micro, this helps for nothing unless you build extra queens.

This is good for nothing but being more leniant on your micro.... i feel that you are punished too much for forgeting to cast larva every 40 seconds. This is nothing but a boring APM dump.

In HotS, I hope they make spawn larva either less tedious to use, or more forgiving if you forget to cast for a minute or two. Compaired to to other races, zerg macro is a very tedious pain in the @$$. This is very gamer infriendly, and could almost be called bad UI.
What bothers me is the lack of units that can attack air and ground units. Only Mutas, Hydras, and Queens. Queens definitely aren't ideal unless it's early game with early phoenix/voidray/banshee harrass. So basically Zerg has 2 units to use that can attack air/ground. I think Terran and Toss both have 5.
08/17/2010 01:32 PMPosted by HuHu
I always thought the concept of the Carrier would better fit the Zerg. A big air unit that has smaller air units come out and attack? Sounds like a perfect concept for a giant bug that has spawnlings come out and sh1t on the enemy.

this^ i agree a floating hive would not only be awesome but fit the feel of zerg as a "capital ship". i mean with all the interaction kerrigan had with the protoss you think she would have looked up and went. "hmmm i can make one of those"

and i dont remember what they were called but there was a sc#%#!d unit idea that were basically one legged slivers that could sniff out cloaked units had super fast speed and kind of threw themselves like darts at the enemy.
hunter seeker or hunter killer some name like that. freaking cool idea.

and i dont care what it is as long as it works like the lurker. like a modified roach that bubbled up acid or something as long as we get a siege unit.
Blizzard is also not old Blizzard anymore. It's more like Activision's mind set in making tons of $$$.

I want be rid of our high supply costs and our queen. I would rather have a fast producing larvae for each hatchery with upgradable max larvae capacity than a queen.

Healing our units and buildings must also be changed. Roaches regen fast but the strain wasnt incorporated to everything else?

I miss swarming. Play SC1 again and you'll be surprise how hard it is to reach 200 supply.
08/17/2010 01:24 PMPosted by Pittszergh
I agree on the units. They can't come up with some crazy monsters? But god forbid they make two different criminals into two units...(reaper, maurader).

LOL.... terran expansion indeed.
i saw this cool drawing that some guy mad before SC2 was out

it was a four legged, armored tank with a tail like a mutalisk only upside down. it had long range, and the web host thought it would be cool if you load it with banelings and then shoot them long range!!!! i thought that was wierd, but what about the same idea only it had a range of 7 (reasonable, not siege range but still far) and then shot globs of goo that either had a residual acid affect, a speed reducing affect, maybe anti armor affect (reduce armor level by one, or just armor damage), or something else cool. this plus ultra drops or nydus (cause its gonna be slow and heavily armored) would make these things a real menace, plus i dont thank zerg has a classic "tank"

p.s. can you imagine being able to shoot banelings, as in the cant be shot down but have the same attack!!!!!