“Stream Sniping” and Customer Service Policy

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next

This really comes across as a cop-out, a "it would be too hard to police, so we don't want to deal with it".

I disagree with this sentiment on the basis that streaming occurs outside of Blizzard's sphere of control. Sites like Twitch.tv and Own3d.tv provide the tools and services to stream SC2, not Blizzard. How do you propose Blizzard punish stream sniping when they don't have the hard data about who's streaming and who's watching? Any sort of punishment would be based completely on conjecture and hearsay. It may be right at times, but that's a dangerous path to go down.

Blizzard also doesn't police people cussing each other out over Vent, students that cheat on homework, or drivers that run red lights. As others have pointed out, the TOU clearly says that Blizzard can ban a player with or without reason, but I hope we would agree that those make poor reasons to ban someone from SC2.

Frankly, it's not up to Blizzard to solve all the woes that exist in the world. Streaming sniping/watching is obviously more closely connected to SC2 than cheating on homework, but watching another player's stream takes place outside of Blizzard servers, and is therefore beyond their reach.
01/19/2012 10:22 AMPosted by venom
Except... from my own experience and also from hearing from those who often report hackers and such, nothing is ever done

Reporting them once then seeing them in your next game doesn't mean nothing was done
You have a policy in your TOS that says you can ban someone or give them a warning for any reason.

So why choose not to use it? Why give people like Deezer a stamp of approval to keep doing what they're doing?

Does Blizzard even realize that popular streams help to promote and maintain interest in Starcraft 2? Why on earth would you not want to protect that outlet?

I think it's extremely disappointing that you're taking this stance.

Couldn't of said it better.

Is there a reason why Blizzard doesn't like to listen or even consider customer feedback/complaints?

This thread just made the streamsnipers/cheaters happy. Well done Blizzard.

Well, I have onlyread one page and I caught this at the end. The reason blizzard doesnt like to listen or consider feedback/complaints, is because 99% of the time its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! OMG WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Kinda like this thread. Whether its in regards to someone streaming a video and having it open so others can watch and gain an advantage, or to play the same person over and over, its not going to effect 99% of the fan base. If the person playing is being effected, take down the stream, or better yet, delay it like others have said and boom, no more issue. It is blizzards responsibilty to stop hacks and balance the game. It is not their responsibility to be our father and mother and to use common sense for us.

They do not ban these "hackers" because they are not hackers. Blizzard do not want to step into this because it would be the same as saying "we may ban people that lack sportsmanship", which would be abusive.

The choice belongs to the streamer. If he wants to allow his stream to be seen, there is noting blizzard can do. Also, they have absolutely no way to actually know if someone is streamcheating. Blizzard does not and should not ban people on assumptions.

Well I'm quite certain there is a known hacking list of currently active players on Team Liquid. "Report this player" simply does not work, on the topic on Destiny and Deezer because this is what this thread is really about, I know Deezer threatened to sexually assault his kid, it was reported. Of course nothing happened, not to mention several other cases between them.

If nothing else, if your going to implement a reporting system and have a TOS, enforce it.

01/21/2012 08:35 PMPosted by shadowmonk
just stop live streaming thats solves every thing

It's how they make their living

How they make their living.. like football? Omg those games are streamed every week! and their opponents always have the prior game on film! *gasp*
You have a policy in your TOS that says you can ban someone or give them a warning for any reason.

So why choose not to use it? Why give people like Deezer a stamp of approval to keep doing what they're doing?

Does Blizzard even realize that popular streams help to promote and maintain interest in Starcraft 2? Why on earth would you not want to protect that outlet?

1 I think it's extremely disappointing that you're taking this stance.
+1 this is very true, blizzard doesnt seem too interested in supporting esports in areas other than tournaments, and even then its limited support.

Well I'm quite certain there is a known hacking list of currently active players on Team Liquid. "Report this player" simply does not work, on the topic on Destiny and Deezer because this is what this thread is really about, I know Deezer threatened to sexually assault his kid, it was reported. Of course nothing happened, not to mention several other cases between them.

If nothing else, if your going to implement a reporting system and have a TOS, enforce it.

It's how they make their living

How they make their living.. like football? Omg those games are streamed every week! and their opponents always have the prior game on film! *gasp*
Thats what archives are for. There is no withheld knowledge in football (no fog of war covering half the field) so stream cheating completely breaks the game.

1 I think it's extremely disappointing that you're taking this stance.
+1 this is very true, blizzard doesnt seem too interested in supporting esports in areas other than tournaments, and even then its limited support.

I don't like your analogy, it would be more like watching a broadcasted poker game that your playing in where you can see everyone elses hands

I don't like your analogy, it would be more like watching a broadcasted poker game that your playing in where you can see everyone elses hands
i think you misquoted that
Really, really not content with that response. These players are going out of their way to stream for people's entertainment and potentially drawing more customers to your game and your answer is "our hands are tied"? If there's a loophole in your Terms of Service, change the ToS.

And its stream cheating, not stream sniping
How is it not considered harrassment to stream-snipe somebody game after game after game to the point that they have to black out the stream?
Good, finally these streamers who do nothing but stream can actually try to find a real job and suffer like the rest of us.
Really, really not content with that response. These players are going out of their way to stream for people's entertainment and potentially drawing more customers to your game and your answer is "our hands are tied"? If there's a loophole in your Terms of Service, change the ToS.

And its stream cheating, not stream sniping

Even Blizzard understands that Stream Cheating is a problem but the solution to it is beyond their reach and it is very difficult to enforce such a policy. You must accept that neither Blizzard or us can solve it.

Like I said....there is nothing we can do.

Actually I don't have to accept it. Many of the usual suspects openly make it clear through chat that they are stream cheating, so getting evidence that they are doing it isn't hard, thus not hard to enforce. So, really its them taking a little bit of effort to get these cancerous leeches out of the community.
THANK YOU! Finally people can shut up about this topic. Or they will rage like idiots. I think that if you stream anybody can see it. You MUST keep that in mind when streaming. Streaming basically is telling someone every move you make. Just PUT A DELAY ON IT! DUH! Simplicity at hand. its amazing (-_-)

Or if you go up against a known stream sniper, like deezer, JUST LEAVE THE GAME. Its not like one game is gonna ruin you. Its a GAME, besides if you are a big streamer like ohhh idk destiny, IF YOU LEAVE ONE GAME ITS NOT GONNA MAKE YOUR ENTIRE FAN BASE LEAVE! THEY DONT WANT TO SEE YOU PLAY DEEZER SO JUST DONT! Duh. You all sound like yall want handouts. Manage your own stuff, if you put knowledge out for people to use they will use it. either massive delay or just leave teh game. quit complaining.

It's not about leaving one game, there are confirmed reports via streaming of consecutive stream snipes and cheating over players such as IdrA, Destiny and others from Deezer for more than 5 games... That is not just a simple matter, that is retarded.

People liking it or not, agreeing with the fact that people can make a living out of this or not (I don't enjoy the idea of making a living out of a sport anyway, but...), it is a reality, there are pro players, there are players who live from their stream, and during the stream they talk to people, they give lessons, they show plays, they want to interact with the stream chat, and stream cheating IS a pain in the !@# to each and everyone of these players.

Ofc people can turn the volume down before queuing and not show SC2 screen if you have 2 monitors, like Destiny can, but some people can't do that, and even who can, you have to do that every time to avoid being crapped on JUST BECAUSE IF YOU STREAM U HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT? That's just child thinking, without any concern about making this fair and open for people to apply streaming and provide entertainment.

The TOS states they CAN ban people like Deezer, and it's not EVEN CLOSE to football, it's more like seeing poker people's hands because they show them... And people, a lesson, JUST CAUSE YOU CAN SEE IT, DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD, OR THAT YOU CAN'T OR SHOULDN'T BE PUNISHED BY DOING SO. The freaking discussion is over, if Blizzard REALLY wanted to make something about this, they could, they could take this battle to heart, in the name not only of streamers, but of fans as well. But they don't want to do it, and they will not, with a simple and semi-valid answer.

Peace out.
I don't even understand how this is an issue. When you stream you're allowing your opponent to potentially see everything you do. That's your choice. Yeah it's poor sportsmanship to take advantage of streamers, but ultimately it's their own fault. If you want to seriously ladder without getting sniped, don't stream! You can't expect Blizzard to ban people for taking advantage of information that's being willingly broadcasted publicly by their opponent in the first place. That's completely ridiculous.
I don't even understand how this is an issue.
Then you need to educate yourself on how progamers/streamers make a living. Since you're oblivious to that, you are in no position to comment.

I'm perfectly aware of how they make a living. I watch various stream every day and have for quite some time. But if they want to stream without a delay they are perfectly aware of the potential consequences, and that's their decision. If you choose to allow the general public to view your every move as you make it, you have no right to complain when someone takes advantage of that. Clearly you are oblivious to common sense. ;P

If there's an issue here, it's one for the streamers to resolve themselves, it should not be Blizzard's responsibility to attempt to fix or regulate this.