Updating issues after install

Mac Technical Support
Post Limit:
Starcraft 2 started to run slow for reasons I do not know. So I went to the repair program in

[Macintosh HD/Applications/Starcraft II/Support/Repair]

The program could not repair something (I don't know what) in Starcraft II and suggested that I uninstall and reinstall it.

After uninstalling and installing Starcraft 2, the Blizzard updater starts downloading the patches but then gives me this error message.

Blizzard Updater

The file "/Applications/StarCraft II/Mods/Core.SC2Mod/Backup.MPQ : Versions/OpenGLShaders14513/baselineCache.bin" could not be written. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQTarget::Write/SFileWriteFile)

I uninstalled it (after double checking this site to see if I was uninstalling it correctly) and reinstalled it again and got the same message.

These are my computer's specifications

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Any help would be appreciated,

-CinnamonBear
Hi CinnamonBear,

I've seen this happen for this particular model, if you have the NVidia 8800 GS GPU on this. Is this the graphics card you have for your Mac? This might be due to the GPU being close to the HDD causing issues. You may want to try installing it in safe mode to see if that helps ease it.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/booting-mac-in-safe-mode

Let me know the results.

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
I think the graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 2400, I believe. I'm not particularly sure if thats the graphics card though. I will proceed with installing Starcraft 2 in safe mode and see if that works.
Thanks. If you can copy/paste the information from your system profiler fully, that would be awesome as well.

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Typing this on my IPod touch right now so I cannot give you the full specifications yet but... I uninstalled Starcraft 2 and reinstalled it successfully. However, when the patches started to download, an error message popped up and said that Starcraft 2 does not support the video card and that some file cannot be written. So I went ahead to restart the computer and right now I'm staring at the loading screen. So when it starts I'll give you the full error message and specifications.

Why would Starcraft not recognize my video card? It worked just fine before.
Mines doing the samething. I tried to download the new update via updater, and it just sat there. Then after a bit closed it self with no error message or anything. So, I restarted my mac book pro, and booted it in safe mode and tried to use the updater via safe mode. Well, it told me that my graphics card doesnt support sc2. Funny thing is, I've been playing sc2 for like 2 years straight on the same laptop..... I don't understand this. Why would things change in this manner? Please help us!