Legends Open RPG [Official Thread]

Map Showcase
Post Limit:
1 2 3 9 Next
So here it is, I re-made the old Starcraft 1 UMS Map, and it turned out pretty good. I added a lot of detail to it, but it's roughly the same concept as the classic.

The beta version is uploaded to b.net so let me know what you think please!

EDIT:

Haha, great discussion about Legends here.

Sorry I haven't been able to meet your needs recently, but that is because another developer is taking over updates to the map (new abilities, quests, bosses, gameplay elements, fixes, etc.) He is extremely talented and has worked on many quality maps in the past. So, don't worry, Legends Open RPG will get all the new content (and fixes) it deserves.

In case any of you are curious, there are more details as to why this is happening here:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/team-recruitment/33539-legends-open-rpg-help/

Thank you SC2 community for being awesome. And please keep an eye out for updates!

EDIT:

SC2LegendsOpenRPG@gmail.com for requests of anything you would like to see added to the game. Currently the list is fairly large but we still want to hear all your ideas!
Just gave it a quick playthrough; pretty big fan of the original Legends Open.
I took the Human Hunter hero, ran the terran race down it. A few minor bugs:

Upgrades seem to stop functioning after lv127. Not sure if this was intentional to keep from overfarming or what but, if it was, please remove the upgrade button at this point. I'd probably spent a few hundred k upgrading nothing hoping it was just not displaying to no avail.

The hero's stats fall of hard lategame. The boss, even with my 1000 armor shield, absolutely swallowed me whole (does his attack ignore armor?). However, battlecruisers are insanely powerful, and tore it apart immediately after my hero died.

Perhaps a higher HP/level buff or some form of armor bonus (akin to the current damage bonus, which is a nice feature) could be in order to improve their survivability? Really, it would be incredible if other stats (Attack speed, move speed) scaled off of level somehow as well. It became tiresome later on when my hero crawled across the map while my reapers (who I was trying to keep behind as he tanked) kept charging ahead.

All in all, not bad. Can't wait to see the mini quests take form, and perhaps some further implementation npc's/towns like in the original ORPGs from brood war.
Seems like a good start, but needs a lot of work to match the original from BW. Right now just doesn't seem to have much to it. Hero abilities/skills on level up would be nice too
Another thing I've noticed.. upgrading from the Town Hall costs 2500, but from the forge I build it costs 7500 and seems to give the same benefits?
03/01/2012 09:27 PMPosted by SabreWolf
Another thing I've noticed.. upgrading from the Town Hall costs 2500, but from the forge I build it costs 7500 and seems to give the same benefits?

Yeah I was thinking about changing that. The reason it costs more is because upgrading from the NPC Town Hall maxes out at 30, but upgrading from your own town it can go as high as 127. I'll think of a better way to make a seamless transition between the two upgrading forms.

Also, thanks for the feedback, guys! It's very constructive :)
Glad to help. Can't wait for the next update! c:
is there a save feature?
03/02/2012 03:09 PMPosted by TgTalcon
is there a save feature?

It automatically saves your characters level and xp immediately when you gain it so you will never have to re-level up, but as far as upgrades/gold/everything else you will have to start from the same position every game.
Can you remove the p v p please. Just logged in and another player started attacking me. Plus there is a bug with zerg structure defense, it does not upgrade like units do. I used a brawler. Thanks
my hero died is there any way to get him back?
I too have been in a game where a level 25 hosted it just to kill new players. Highly annoying. However, if PvP is meant to be in the game, then by all means leave it. :)
So I've beaten this map 3 times now.. here's what I've experienced;

First time - I'm playing as a Knight (Zealot) with another Knight who's level 60.. we go our separate ways farming for about an hour, where I got to level 18 and the level 60 decides to end the game.. I watch him SOLO the boss with this Knight. (only takes a few seconds to kill him)

Second time - Fresh game with a bunch of level 1s, no one is high level.. I picked the Hydra this time. Again, farm for an hour or two, get around level 20 and after about an hour or two everyone either died or left. I decide I'll try and go kill the boss.. after taking a couple hits from him I realized I would not be able to solo him, so I gathered up a max supply army of Broodlords and they took 5-10 minutes to kill the boss (max upgrades)

Third time - Now I pick Marksman (Stalker) and I'm trying to figure out how levels affects stats.. leveling up doesn't seem to really do anything, my damage stayed the same. So I'm wondering how that Knight (lvl60) in the first game SOLOED the boss. Anyways, play the game, get level 26 and get setup with 130kAGPM, build a max army of carriers.. go in for the boss kill - I get annihilated. Not only does Marksman suck, even with max upgrades his damage is horribad, Carriers also suck against him because interceptors cost 40k each! While a broodlord's broodlings are infinite and free. With no way to kill the boss I had to leave the game :(

So I'm wondering how the heck did the knight solo the boss in my first game. And other then playing zerg + massing Broodlords, how are you suppose to beat this guy?
Hmm not bad, few things that could be added/changed:

• No pvp unless agreed by both parties,arena?.
  • I played Terran recently and found I could not get the battleship because my Starport Add-on "needed" vespene gas.
  • Maybe a Hero revive system would be nice.
  • More Skills?
  • More Classes. e.g. support ones
  • More Gold Mines? especially in areas that are not the starting grassy area.
  • Levels give armor e.g. 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.5 armor per level?
  • Levels give walk speed? e.g. 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.5 armor per level?

• Apart from that good work!
    It should only prompt you for vespene if you were to lift off building, at least from my experience since i maxed out on bcs.. Speaking of maxing out on bcs; the boss utterly annihilated my max upped bcs and my hero. Also, yamato not working not sure if that was intentional.

I agree with gamer, most of those ideas would be great since u cant always warp everywhere especially if u haven't been to that place. While the racials of each hero class are nice, i would like to see learn-able abilities for example Fighter learns stimpack or maybe can learn psi storm etc. Solid start so far, but i see it getting boring quickly if some of these things aren't worked on, and believe me i look forward to it if these things are added!

Great work man.
    Is the boss possible? Me and a friend got to the end, maxed out 127/127, 30 BCs each, and used a leaver to have about 80 mutas, but we couldnt even dent the regen...
    I had the same experience as Astras. How is it possible to get past that regen rate and 5000 armor?
    Was there a patch to boost the boss even more? 127/127 upgrades, max supply of broodlords, couldn't even dent him this time (killed him yesterday with this method)

Hard games are fun but impossible ones are not.
    03/03/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Astras
    Is the boss possible? Me and a friend got to the end, maxed out 127/127, 30 BCs each, and used a leaver to have about 80 mutas, but we couldnt even dent the regen...

Yes there is a way to kill the boss that works 100% of the time. The strategy, though, I would prefer not to disclose. You'll all figure it out :). Also a few players let me know their own clever ways they thought to kill him. I didn't want it to just be a "max upgrades and destroy whatever comes our way" you actually have to use tactics to drop him...ehhh..for the most part :P. Thanks for playing, though :).

Hmm not bad, few things that could be added/changed:

• No pvp unless agreed by both parties,arena?.
  • I played Terran recently and found I could not get the battleship because my Starport Add-on "needed" vespene gas.
  • Maybe a Hero revive system would be nice.
  • More Skills?
  • More Classes. e.g. support ones
  • More Gold Mines? especially in areas that are not the starting grassy area.
  • Levels give armor e.g. 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.5 armor per level?
  • Levels give walk speed? e.g. 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.5 armor per level?
  • Apart from that good work!

I've been receiving messages in game all day about griefers. I will find a way that introduces PvP in a more expected manner.

Your other suggestions are spot on. I will definitely add in more skills and gold mines in tiers 5+. As for more benefit from leveling up -- I have yet to decide on what stats they should gain aside from more damage and hp.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! It's really amazing to see the map having 27,000 hours played and #1 on most popular list considering I just released it a couple days ago lol.
    I beat the last boss with a level 28 hunter. I did over 5000 damage per hit with my hunter and had other units tank.

*Spoilers*

You get a little bit of experience for beating the last boss and a victory screen.