Where Did All of the Terran's Go?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 8 9 10 21 Next
Terran has a very steep learning curve, and it's pretty obvious that TvP has some glaring issues, especially late game. Sadly I think most of the problem is a problem with the games design. The warp in mechanic is just hard to balance.
04/02/2012 09:17 PMPosted by OneWordPoem
also, "watching the minimap, scouting for gas timing, scouting for tech routes" aren't "macro" dude that's like, starcraft lol

Terran macro only gets hard when your in battle. And even then spamming A and D isn't hard at all. And when your not in a battle your what hovering over your natural or maybe even structures producing units? Is that hard to do? (no)
And I know watching the minimap, scouting for gas timing, and scouting for tech routes isn't macro. I was trying to include that in my statement to ADD to the difficulty of Zerg macro. Because your multitasking all of these things at once while macro'ing and that's what makes Zerg macro hard to do. Sitting in your natural producing scv's and marines isn't hard, but spreading creep, scouting for gas timings sending ovies for tech timings, getting injects down, knowing when to cut drones, knowing what perfect unit comp you need, knowing when you can freely drone, and watching the minimap is.
Veiled Protoss nerf thread.
04/02/2012 09:35 PMPosted by DoomDash
Terran has a very steep learning curve, and it's pretty obvious that TvP has some glaring issues, especially late game. Sadly I think most of the problem is a problem with the games design. The warp in mechanic is just hard to balance.
Terran doesn't have a "steep" learning curve they have a decent one. Zerg has a Steep learning curve (i'm talking about people who pick Zerg has their main race when they first start the game, not people who off race or switch) and protoss really doesn't have one at all. You see, in lower leagues Terran and Protoss get carried by their race (more so protoss) because the strength of their units and the number of things they can do. The Zerg race is so APM dependent and Zerg players need to be so aware, it's hard for new players to grasp that. While Protoss can just build units and a move and Terran can get stim and do the same. We're of course talking about learning a race and not becoming an MLG pro at one.
Also, switching to a race after you've already played the game and have experience isn't the same as playing a race when you first start the game. For example, if you pick Zerg as your main race when you just start playing (big mistake) your going to have a more difficult time playing that race then if you switched to terran 4 months later because you already have game experience. That person will say Zerg is a harder race because their comparing their first game experience to their new experience thinking its the same thing.
Even Terran thinks Terran is the easiest match up:

Terran, what is your weakest match-up?

TvP: 60% (1650)
TvZ: 24% (647)
TvT: 16% (442)

!@#$ing LOL.

Ye terrans are free points to all other races. including other terrans. rofl.
Zerg, what is your weakest match-up?

ZvP: 51% (974)

Protoss, what is your weakest match-up?

PvZ: 45% (792)

Made me smile.....@ Zergs ofcourse....it has to be a April 1 joke that they said that.
I asked two terrans the past two days about the lack of terran in our league and they both said they are seeing very few tvt's. I don't think it has to do with balance, but the fact that you have to play like there is a clock ticking. To me that means that an epic macro game is not at all in your favor. So it takes a lot of the fun away from the game. Protoss aoe is so hard to deal with, and Zerg tech switches can be a pain too. 10min games take a lot of fun away from the Terran game.
Not sure why terran is suddenly considered hard to play when the entire community agreed that terran is in fact the easiest to play just a month ago. The reason why there are so few terrans is simply because the terran players don't have to work hard to get to where they are. Therefore, they end up having a lesser attachment to their race and quit easily. They also get BMed a lot because of how easy it is to get a win. Terran players are the least respected players on the ladder.
04/03/2012 02:40 AMPosted by Rayleigh
Not sure why terran is suddenly considered hard to play when the entire community agreed that terran is in fact the easiest to play just a month ago. The reason why there are so few terrans is simply because the terran players don't have to work hard to get to where they are. Therefore, they end up having a lesser attachment to their race and quit easily. They also get BMed a lot because of how easy it is to get a win. Terran players are the least respected players on the ladder.

When did this happen? There have been some people trying to claim this but it's never been the case.
Terran is balanced at the very top level of play..

Protoss and Zerg is balanced with the casual gamers in mind

So obviously if you're diamond and below playing Terran gives you a disadvantage