Matchmaking Changes Have Been Reverted

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
Well, I for one I happy about this. I thought that it was going to be more fun to go against people who are tougher than me, but all I got were Bronze teams that got rolled, then a bad teammate who didn't even help when we were attacked. I didn't play enough 1's to get a feel for it in that system however, which I kind of wish I did.
Haha, ok I was so pissed I was playing gold leaguers, I thought I was gonna get dropped!
Being a plat player and being matched against masters every game was a learning experience but very frustrating. Playing diamond, or other plats okay but masters? Boo. Good thing it's getting fixed.
it was fun while it lasted, but i didn't like only getting 7 points per win, and losing 15 for a loss xD oh wellz
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/435246/1/Evertras/matches

String of losses you see there = reason I'm very very very very happy to see this post. Thank you! <3
Thanks for reverting!
Although it sounded great on paper (I welcome the challenge), however I think what happens is where I am in diamond I would always be matched with high ranking Master players and never anyone lower.

I believe this is because the higher the ladder you go the fewer the players there are at that level. Therefore instead of Master players sitting there searching for a game it would always match up with me.
Thanks for reverting! Though it was fun playings 2's against 2 top masters and they put you with a gold partner -.-
thank you - i like the original "close" matches much more
Personally I had no problems with it, I was facing mid masters players, and having fun doing it!
(Except versus zerg.. who make up like 60% of the ladder lol, since it's so easy to lose versus an inferior zerg even when you play well...)
04/12/2012 02:10 PMPosted by BigBoyBewbs
Although it sounded great on paper (I welcome the challenge), however I think what happens is where I am in diamond I would always be matched with high ranking Master players and never anyone lower.

Good point that most players (myself included) didn't stop and think about. The nature bell curve nature of the starcraft 2 ladder (or the ladder for any game, really) means that the closer to the ends someone is, the longer they have to wait to find a match, so these will be more likely to be in queue. While this effect should in theory always take place, with any range of opponents allowed, it becomes more noticeable as the allowed gap increases. This is because for a small interval, the distribution is ALMOST constant, whereas for a larger interval, the density changes significantly over it.
they pretty much set up wins and losses i guess
I havent played enough to see a difference, but props to blizz for such a quick reaction and listening (i assume there was a problem due to the amount of threads)
Got demoted right after I got promoted....huh. I was diamond vs all top masters, don't know why that happened but glad this system is gone. This is basically a summary of the new system in 4v4 last night, only played 1 1v1 and 2v2 so can't say much there, but in 4v4....

My team:

Top 8 Master/Me (now top 8 plat cuz random demotion? k)/Rank 56 bronze/Rank 34 Gold

Enemy team:

Top 8 Master/Top 8 Master/Top 8 Diamond/Top 8 Diamond

They were "Slightly Favored."

lold and quit playing after that, so glad this is gone. happened too much yesterday.
aww man i was actually kinda looking forward to this system... wanted to take a look at all of my replays a little closer if i went up against better players so i could learn a little more from 'em

at any rate, thanks for keeping an eye on things blizz :D
I liked it! I think it should be tightened up a bit... only a bit! Then it would have been perfect in my opinion.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO