Increasing FPS and graphics?

Off Topic Dicussion
Gateway GT5628

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz
Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Besides buying a new computer what upgrades could i get to increase FPS and graphics on low i have usually about 50 -70 fps at start but later in game its more around any where from 25 - 50. Thanks!
The best upgrade you can do right now would be a new video card.

Once you have a new GPU you can do the following free things:

1) Run MSConfig, on the startup tab, disable everything you don't need. (iTunes, Quicktime, Office, Adobe, etc.)
2) If you don't have a anti-virus, run a scan like Housecall from Trend Micro:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

If you are running Norton or McAfee, turn them off when playing.

SC2 is mostly a CPU bound game, but your GPU is the biggest bottlneck I can see from the details you gave.
I would also consider upgrading CPU+RAM+Motherboard too if given budget, but since it's a Gateway machine, it's likely you also need a new power supply/case.
I don't think your CPU is a problem here. My brother has the exact same one, 3 gigs of RAM and a 9600 GT and can run it on medium graphics with no problem. A new GPU is needed, and with that a PSU, but I would look for more RAM too. I just wouldn't be comfortable with less than 4 gigs, though that could be hindered by your motherboard and OS.
To reiterate what some of the others have already said, GPU is definitely the biggest limiting factor for increasing FPS. Just keep in mind that you might need a new PSU to support the new GPU since the ones needed to get decent FPS are power-hungry.
Get a 7750. Its the fastest card you can get that does not require a auxiliary power cord. Meaning you won't have to worry about your power supply.
My specs:
Computer: Toshiba Satellite C855D
Processor: AMD e-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics 1.30GHz (Sometimes when needed to 1.9GHz)
RAM: 2gb (1.59 usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system
Grpahics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6300 series Graphics Total memory:938MB VRAM dedicated:512MB VRAM

I understand my Processor Is a little slow....I could overclock, but I wouldn't If I were to want a dead computer. Thanks.