Terran vs. Zerg HotS Gameplay

General Discussion
Post Limit:

Also siege tank needs it's 50 damage to all units damage back.

Won't that do terrible, terrible damage to everything? Even TvT? Let's wait for a reduction? I don't want to take those drastic measures.

Won't that do terrible, terrible damage to everything? Even TvT? Let's wait for a reduction? I don't want to take those drastic measures.
If you're not playing mech in tvt then you're doing it wrong.

If you're not playing mech in tvt then you're doing it wrong.

Pros do bio in TvT too. Plus, 50 seems too drastic. That can two-shot half of the game's units. Then, Zerg will have limited options and Terran can't do bio anymore. Protoss will probably stay the same, because of shields.

edit: was thinking this the whole time i was watching...

also, remember that these abilties will likely all be nerfed before game is out. abduct looks too strong, and very cheeky. i feel like if it makes it into the game, late game zvp will be so annoying, with zerg just climbing in your windows snatching yo people up and preventing you from getting to that deathball stage

I think the whole point is to reduce the frequency of deathballs in matches. Deathballs are boring as hell to watch and to play against. It's basically a predetermined outcome just waiting for you to walk it into the opponent's base. That's not what a strategy game should be about, and it is very rarely how real wars are fought, which is what RTS games are trying to loosely model after. I think Bliz's new design of forcing many small skermishes is a much better and more interesting approach.

Also, everyone is talking so much about the viper, did no one notice how good the widow mines were? 75/25/1 per mine is practically just 25 gas for a Terran, incredibly cheap! And they are much better than banelings when it comes to setting up traps. In addition they do so much more damage, 1-shotting probably anything short of ultras and BLs.