Tell me your problem with Zerg...

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Tell me your problem with Zerg, and I will legitimately tell you how to counter it, and what to do. (if you actually want help/advice)

If you think mutas or roaches are OP, I can explain how they are easily beaten.

And if you would like me to show you how it is done, you can pick Zerg and try whatever it is that you think is OP, and I will play your race and show you how to beat it effectively.

Today I have seen statements like "you can go from silver to plat just by making mutas every game" or "just mass roaches and 1-A"

I will show you how to beat what beats you. Pick Zerg, and try your strat. The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.
Mass amoved banelings with infestor support and late game tech switches between broods and ultras. I dont really neeed advice on how to beat them, large bio forces with large amounts of marauders, with viking support if he goes brood and you will generally do fine if you can micro half decently.
Tkinewbie almost every single thing you say is biased. I could say the Stephano 3base roach push and you would say something like "Split your forces and mass stalker-immortal". Its never that easy.
I notice that when they outplay me, I lose. (Same as Protoss and Terran o.O)
If he switches to broodlords, stop medivac production and pump vikings. To stall for time, get 1/3 of your army and stuff it into medivacs and do a lategame drop.

Zerg HATE it when you drop during transitions.
06/15/2012 08:07 AMPosted by GoatOfMendes
Mass amoved banelings with infestor support and late game tech switches between broods and ultras. I dont really neeed advice on how to beat them, large bio forces with large amounts of marauders, with viking support if he goes brood and you will generally do fine if you can micro half decently.

Don't forget one cloaked ghost with an emp ruins all the infestor's days
06/15/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Holyrunner

!@#$ ghosts, L2 spread and split and you dont even need ghosts. Also tanks work better against infestors then ghosts.
What is the strongest timing push Terran can do, the first push of the game.

What is the composition, timing and buildings a Terran has or needs to do this push with.

Gogogogogo Newbie, answer this.
06/15/2012 08:14 AMPosted by GoatOfMendes

!@#$ ghosts, L2 spread and split and you dont even need ghosts. Also tanks work better against infestors then ghosts.

Your forgetting 95% of the terran community doesn't split or focus fire with tanks..
Good to see your not one of em.
06/15/2012 08:14 AMPosted by GoatOfMendes

!@#$ EMP, Go for headshots!
06/15/2012 08:02 AMPosted by TKiNewbie
Tell me your problem with Zerg, and I will legitimately tell you how to counter it, and what to do. (if you actually want help/advice)

When going 1 rax FE my 9-10 minute push with lots of bio (and combat shield, stim, shell) upgrades done- I do not seem to ever break the zerg, I usually only break even then after my attack my 4 rax 2 factory production does not seem to let me secure the third I want.

Should I even attack? or use this force to secure my early third and wait the four minutes for it to kick in and then try to rock and roll with a mix of bio tank banshee?

Also the creep spread is difficult to keep in check, usually the zerg has it outside their third at 10 minutes, and after that it gets to the mid map at around 19 minutes. I cant seem to mess with it, hellions don't let me delay it and when I engage on creep it doesn't favor me. Most of my pushes get denied but about break even. (and by 15 minutes the game was all ready lost because of the zerg's third and lack of mine)

Sorry no replays, just asking some general advice... Zerg at my level are pretty passive sans baneling bust, and prefer to defend and defend and defend.
Roach/Ling all in countering my FFE right before my immortal comes out, and my force fields are not perfect letting lings stream in to kill my stalkers and sentries and forcing me to leave because I wasn't spot on.
Broodlord/Corruptor/Infestor.
06/15/2012 08:10 AMPosted by ExecutorNyon
Tkinewbie almost every single thing you say is biased. I could say the Stephano 3base roach push and you would say something like "Split your forces and mass stalker-immortal". Its never that easy.
No actually, I would say that you can scout it in advance, and know that the earliest possible max time is 12 minutes. 14 minutes if you send 2 early zealots and force lings/roaches.

Try a strong 2-base 6-gate 8:30 timing attack. VERY powerful.

You can also consider FFE behind 4 cannons, and double stargate chrono 4 voidrays, then rally point double phoenix to them from there forward. If Zerg did not scout it, GG.
06/15/2012 08:16 AMPosted by TiberiumDSV
!@#$ EMP, Go for headshots!
06/15/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Ironslice
Broodlord/Corruptor/Infestor.
As what race?

Mothership + 2 Archons.

06/15/2012 09:31 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
My problem with Zerg is there is this Zerg player named TkiNewbie that QQs incessantly. Please help. Thanks.
The best way to win against this, is by surrendering unconditionally. Then he can no longer beat you all the time.

06/15/2012 08:57 AMPosted by iDontKnow
Roach/Ling all in countering my FFE right before my immortal comes out, and my force fields are not perfect letting lings stream in to kill my stalkers and sentries and forcing me to leave because I wasn't spot on.
What timing specifically is killing you? I am guessing 12+ minutes? Try harassing/attacking before the 10 minute mark. Otherwise, if it is a really early all-in, build more cannons if you scout it coming, and dont mess up forcefields. You'll be good to go!
Try a strong 2-base 6-gate 8:30 timing attack. VERY powerful.
Against a 3 base Zerg? Are you nuts? That's suicide...

The zerg just needs to stop droning at 7 mins if he scouts that 6 gate and build 3 spines per base, and laugh at the Protoss as he floods him with units. 6 gate at 8:30 is all-in for Protoss.

TERRIBLE advice...