Mac Problem Installing Patch 1.4.4

Mac Technical Support
Hello Tech Support and Users!
My Macbook Pro installed the patch 1.4.4 like everyone else. My Mac is Version 10.8 under Mountain Lion and is the Mid 2012 model (Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 ,Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, AND Software OS X 10.8 (12A269)). It completed the install, but as i try to launch the game it says "An internal error occurred, please restart. If problems persist contact customer support". So here I am asking for support on the FORUMS. I tried looking for that file "Applications/Starcraft II/Support/Repair" and I dot see it even in spotlight. Please Help, I'd greatly appreciate it since i've waited to played the game for a long time, i haven't even beaten to game yet. :(
My Problem Is I get 100%, Then It Needs My Admin Pass, I Enter It, Then The 15-60min Thing Pops Up And I Click Begin, Then At 16% It Saids Decypted Error, Please Contact Technical Center. T.T Need Help. Ive Tried Everything, The Repair, And I Downloaded The Actaual Update And It Saids Theres No Update Required. And It Saids Everything Is Updated. But When I Click The Launcher It Starts Updating Again. Ugh.
I have the same problem as most of you. The downloader would quit at 0%, specifically at the time it says "applying patch 2 of 24". I ran the repair and then the downloader went quickly to 50% and the updater ran to 100%. Then the downloader opened again and quit at 0%. This is lame. I tried to download the update off the support site, but it just runs to 100% then starts back over at 2% and continues to 100% and starts over.
I have 10.5.8 on a pretty decent computer. i play a game of starcraft 2 everyday. but not anymore i guess.....im not willing to jump through hoops or buy a new OS to play this game. i hope that is just speculation, and not actual fact. im sure blizzard will fix this problem.
Zerberg, if I may call you Zerg berg, sadly it seems this is so.... I have friends who have other friends with Macs who went ape poo on Twitter today over this. Oh well.... Maybe I'll buy an older PC or something on the cheap.... lol
No Lad, i have the brand spanking Macbook pro 15in only two weeks old and sammmeeee problem. I haven't even beat the game yet. :(
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B02
SMC Version (system): 2.1f170
Hardware UUID: B0FE82C1-493F-507B-8493-EA9E56761F58
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: EnabledIntel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
gMux Version: 1.9.23
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3672
gMux Version: 1.9.23

System Version: OS X 10.8 (12A269)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.0.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
Time since boot: 1:08
Yeah, I'm having same issue. Hit the icon to start up the game, updater comes up onto screen at 0%, waits around 10 seconds and then exits completely (without doing a single thing.) No error messages, no nothing. Just back to my desktop.

I tried running the Repair app. Didn't work.

I downloaded and tried re-installing the patch and it just tells me I don't need the update so it won't re-install it. Is there a way to bypass this?

Is anybody working on fixing this error? What gives?

p.s. I am running OS X 10.5.8.
Unless a Blizz Tech person can support otherwise, anyone in here with an issue using OS 10.5.8 or earlier, you will NOT be able to play SC online EVER until you pay for the OS update. FOREWARNING: If you take just 2 minutes to peruse Mac's online store, you'll see many of the OS upgrades are online only, which means you are at your own risk.

I called the Geniuses at the Mac store, no help. Now Ive calmed a bit and accepted my game of SC on Monday night was my very last, I tried an alt store, EVEN WORSE. The Geniuses may sound smart but the gist I get is, they will go to EVERY LENGTH to keep you from coming in for assistance with an OS. The first store hinted at liability issues which the second store came out and outright stated the following:

"Even if your machine is only a few years old, as updating an OS, esp from one as old as 10.5.8 (which the guy implied was from last century with his word inflection) it is quite the strain on your hard drive, and, I won't lie, unless you Warranty is still valid, you DO run the risk of frying your hard drive. If this happens, we can repair it in some situations, cannot in others, but regardless, we will not be held liable, even if we assist with the install as we are not responsible for the outcome of the update's effect on your hard drive.'

Essentially, Mac sells you products ranging from $500-$3500 in cost, give you a warranty for 1 yr, then basically tell you, if you need to make any required changes to still keep your computer relevant, they will charge you to do so, and then take no responsibility with the outcome should it be a bad one.

THe point here though is, after almost 48 hours since this patch came to pass, EVERY one of my fellow graphic designers using a Mac from pre-2008 are having the same issue. Save yourself the delusion and false hope....

IF you are running OS 10.5.8, without an upgrade to your OS, the last time you played SC was your last online game of SC until you buy a new computer.... :-! I can't even blame Blizz on this, if they can do ANYTHING to allow us to play it, I SURELY hope they will, but if not, this is more or less Apple's a$$ on the line here...
I haven't been this sad in a long time... My mac is old and runs plane 10.5 and didn't have a single problem till today...
Crap, I can't afford a new anything right now. I guess no more GG for me. :(
*I can play offline mode... not that much fun tho.
For mac users with the new patch it will only work with 10.6.8 or better anything less and your out of luck. This is the old bait and switch. The game was advertised to work with a minimum requirement os. Now that requirement has changed at the whim of the product producers. They have no legal disclaimer to protect them from what was stated on the box. They have to honor there agreement with the customer at the time of purchase. This is a clear cut case of fraud and a class action suit should ensue. For the time being just ask for a refund, that's what i did. As for starcraft if you like upgrade your os and continue to play. But be warned when a company gets in the habit of forcing things onto there customers that are not in the contract it's hard to stop. Next month you may have to upgrade your graphics card to meet there requirements. So my advice is to get out now and maybe leave with a little coin in your pocket. The most probable out come is they will not issue a refund but ask for one anyway. This way when the lawsuit is won you will receive compensation for the purchase price of the game.

Sincerely: A NYC corporate lawyer

P.S. You must ask for a refund if you expect to be compensated . On the other hand this
does not bar you from upgrading to a new os and continuing to play starcraft. Get paid
and continue to play starcraft got to love it.
Hm, I do not believe it is Apple's doing. I do hate apple but it does not make any sense for this to literally happen overnight with no warning.

PC users are having similar problems but they can get past them easier because Apple products are so rigid.

Other games do not seem to having the problems relative to an old OS. My laptop is 10.6.8 but will not run Starcraft II; however, it will run Diablo 3 no problem.

It is most likely a problem with the patch which Blizzard should fix soon. Cross your fingers that it happens within the next day.
So.... how do you even write a formal complaint to blizzard?
Mine is doing the exact same thing as Roflcopter and jhbrantley, I too am running on a mac OSX 10.5.8 -repair didn't work. I also changed the firewall settings and pressed allow for starcraft but it made no difference.

I do have a virtual machine installed on my mac that uses windows 7. Think it would work to just re-install it on there?
i think this is good bye to SC :(
For mac users with the new patch it will only work with 10.6.8 or better anything less and your out of luck.

Ask for a refund.
Why cut out a customer base because we use MACs. We all played SC online a few days ago whats up. The system works fine with the game.