How many Vikings vs Colossus?

Terran Discussion
About how many Vikings per Colossus should there be? I'm never sure how many is enough for anti-colo purposes. I never seem to make enough but I don't want to over-commit either.

If Vikings:Colossus is not a good way to determine, feel free to offer some other kind of measure.
About how many Vikings per Colossus should there be? I'm never sure how many is enough for anti-colo purposes. I never seem to make enough but I don't want to over-commit either.

If Vikings:Colossus is not a good way to determine, feel free to offer some other kind of measure.

I guess it depends on how badly you want those Collosus downed...
More than it should be. Colossus always get their job done before vikings. But if you have raven go pdd go snipe them gogo in bio gooo quickly!
It is not about how many Vikings per Colossus it is about how many volleys per Colossus. Against a lot of Colossi you want to be able to one shot them. Against say something like 4 you want to kill them in 1-2 shots. Anything less than 4 I would say 3 volleys is good.

14 Vikings should 1 shot a Colossus. You don't need more than this if you are careful with them.

7 Vikings will 2 shot a Colossus.

If you engage together with your bio force you will not need too many more than the minimum required to 1 or 2 shot a Colossi. However if you like to try and snipe Colossi and kite with your bio force you will have to get more because they will die to Stalkers drastically losing efficiency if they fall under 14 or 7 Vikings.
I usually shoot for 6-8. I don't make more than that. If my opponent is going heavy Colossus, I get the +1 attack upgrade for them. I never overcommit to Vikings, because, if he scouts it he will start making Templar.
A lot
3-4 per collosus at minimum. Otherwise, by the time they're taken out, all your force is gone anyway so it doesn't matter.
7 or 8 total is fine up to 5 colossus. They will two-shot colossus, and that is plenty fast if you plan to sneak in and snipe a couple before the engagement. PDD is useful, but it gets feedbacked if Protoss is smart. I usually get the armor upgrade, which is good for my medivacs too.