Razer Mamba 2012 Profile Switching

Mac Technical Support
I am trying to link SC2 with a profile on my Mamba so that the profile switches automatically when I launch the application.

I am having an issue similar to the problem in this thread:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3871217584

I tried the suggested workaround in that thread but the profile still does not switch. I left the sc2.app on my desktop and still nothing. Has anybody else had success with getting the profile switching to work for the Razer Mamba 2012 with SC2?

Thanks!
I researched this a bit further and it seems that it has to do with the "front" application not being run. I looked at the activity monitor index when SC2 was running and /Applications/Starcraft\ II.app does not run. It looks as if when SC2 is run the app is run deep within the file structure.

I am a bit confused as to why this is.

When Diablo III is run, /Applications/Diablo\ III.app is run, along with all the other necessary packages. This makes profile switching a joy to use.

So what exactly is run when SC2 is launched? From the monitor the app seems to be in /Applications/Starcraft\ II/Versions/Base22612/SC2.app/Contents/MacOS/SC2

Is the .app in /Applications a link to this other app? If so, the posted workaround is iffy at best with new updates being released. Any suggestions or insight?