[Showcase]A Clash of Kings (Continued Continued)

Map Showcase
Prev 1 2 3 4 50 Next
-Don't make Stark WC no Stannis or Renly, I mean sure they weren't happy with Robb's declration but they never once attacked Robb's loyal bannermen plus alot of people would be unhappy playing Stark as if they need to hold back others its impossible for them to win, Perhaps give stark a bonus if they keep it from Stannis and Renly but don't make it a win conditions
-And for the dragons, are you going to make it for all players? I mean you could make Others get it but its not going to really fit (unless you give them an undead dragon, to show the raised it from the dead) and despite how much NW would need/use a dragon it wouldn't fit (unless the Jon Snow rumors are true)
Just finished doing this but wanted to see what everyoen thought before i uploaded it...

1. Killing off a King will give the other heros of the other King factions a 5% bonus to attack speed and damage. This will stack per King that is killed so that if the other 4 Kings die then your hero's will be recieving a 20% bonus to attack speed and damage.

2. In order to recieve these bonuses your King must be alive.

3. When your King dies, your heros lose all the bonuses given from killing other Kings, this way players will be protective of their King's and will make losing your King painful.

4. The player that actually kills the King will recieve 2k minerals.

Let's say that I'm Lannister (surprise surprise!). In order to receive the bonus 5% when I kill that Pirate Lord, Balon, I actually have to be the one who kills him, yes? So if my ally killed him, I wouldn't receive a bonus?

Does it count if towers kill an enemy king?

Do my heroes have to be in the general area of the death?

Do players who don't claim the Throne, or independence (Tyrell, Arryn, Tully, Martell) receive any bonus/gold for killing a king? If so/not, how does this/does this impact balance?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Curiosity aside, this idea sounds really fun. My only concern at the moment would involve a pro player fighting a lot of noobs. I can easily see my Hound getting a 20% bonus if I'm fighting a bunch of noobs. The thought of a leveled Hound, with weapons/armor and a 20% bonus makes me squeal with glee, but also cry a little b/c it would be insane.

Of course, noobs in this game are pretty much doomed from the start, but it could make things difficult for other players who now have to face an enemy with much stronger heroes.

I don't think this disqualifies the idea, but it's something to think about.

Thanks JT!
- I agree with Britanicus on the part where the cleganes would be nigh unstoppable if they get the buff, perhaps make it so only the King gets the buff, So if Renly dies only Stannis would get the buff, but please don't make joffy get the buff for lannister, i would say Tywin though his hp seems rather low only 400 more than joffy yet hes a battle hardedened commander
The cleganes would not be unstoppable for one reason... most Lanny players do not level joffery in the first place because his LOW hp and he is an all around terrible hero, and with the new "protect the king" bonus objective even more players will probably keep him cooped up in the westerlands or in KL... regardless where he is hidden he has 2.8k HP and is so snipeable I don't think the new update would be an issue and would only better the game giving the players more incentive to kill enemy kings.
A little bit off topic here but I have a few suggestions:

1. Mobile Trebuchet's - Is it possible to have an option on them to dismantle these? They eat up supply after you are done harassing an opponent or using them. Maybe they can be recycled for 25-50% of the resources originally spent?
2. Is it possible to give a 30 second delay after a person leaves the game that the stuff switches to neutral? I cannot tell you how many times people lose there hero's as a Stannis or Stark because the hero's are by arryn or tully's base.
3. WC based on hero's being alive - This marginalizes these hero's uses significantly, and are one of the biggest reasons for RQ. Specifically Tyrell, Stark and Tully. Is it a real necessary WC? If so, then should the WC hero's re spawn?
4. Look into WC's being 3/4 or 4/5 items accomplished. For instance, a tyrell that lasts all game, has a tyrell, martell is not on the throne and has all of there original starting points but is not allied with the king is a success as it is.

My point with 3 & 4 above are general goals to prevent unnecessary RQ's from happening. An ideal game for me is one that consists of nobody leaving and not having mass alliances. Mass Alliances are caused because for some races it is a necessity of winning, which in turns create this counter balance. Then when one your allies RQ you end up just losing. The lore is great and the idea of WC's makes it a very interesting and unique game each time. I believe opening up the came and making it less reliant on the mass alliance and a more flexible WC will promote people from not leaving and from lasting the game.

To me, people getting wins or losses is much less relevant then people completing a full enjoyable game.
JT, the ideas are fine excpet for the atk speed/dmg buff. Don't add it in at all, otherwise the entire dynamic of the game would change for the worse. While winners are rewarded for winning, losers just get mud kicked in their face and get tossed into the dumpster, and I'm sure that's not a fun feeling.

1. Mobile Trebuchet's - Is it possible to have an option on them to dismantle these? They eat up supple after you are done harassing an opponent or using them. Maybe they can be recycled for 25-50% of the resources originally spent?
2. Is it possible to give a 30 second delay after a person leaves the game that the stuff switches to neutral? I cannot tell you how many times people lose there hero's as a Stannis or Stark because the hero's are by arryn or tully's base.
3. WC based on hero's being alive - This marginalizes these hero's uses significantly, and are one of the biggest reasons for RQ. Specifically Tyrell, Stark and Tully. Is it a real necessary WC?
4. Look into WC's being 3/4 or 4/5 items accomplished. For instance, a tyrell that lasts all game, has a tyrell, martell is not on the throne and has all of there original starting points but is not allied with the king is a success as it is.

My point with 3 & 4 above are general goals to prevent unnecessary RQ's from happening. An ideal game for me is one that consists of nobody leaving and not having mass alliances. Mass Alliances are caused because for some races it is a necessity of winning, which in turns create this counter balance. Then when one your allies RQ you end up just losing. The lore is great and the idea of WC's makes it a very interesting and unique game each time. I believe opening up the came and making it less reliant on the mass alliance and a more flexible WC will promote people from not leaving and from lasting the game.

To me, people getting wins or losses is much less relevant then people completing a full enjoyable game.
Tyrell WC is fine considering it's 3 heros and Loras has that invuln skill.. but I feel stark/tully hero WC are a bit.. pointless, considering rob gets targeted fairly easily and Edmure is only 1 hero that needs to die? they fit lore.. but regardless...
[/quote] Tyrell WC is fine.. but I feel stark/tully hero WC are a bit.. pointless? they fit lore.. but regardless...[/quote]

I always felt Tyrell's WC of being allied to the king was somewhat ridiculous. It's something that can change in the last 5 seconds of the game, and there is nothing you can do about it.
07/30/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Rich
The cleganes would not be unstoppable for one reason... most Lanny players do not level joffery in the first place because his LOW hp and he is an all around terrible hero, and with the new "protect the king" bonus objective even more players will probably keep him cooped up in the westerlands or in KL... regardless where he is hidden he has 2.8k HP and is so snipeable I don't think the new update would be an issue and would only better the game giving the players more incentive to kill enemy kings.

Oddly enough I've noticed in the past month or so, that Joff is one of the longest-surviving heroes. He usually gets at least to level 10.

07/30/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Paragon
- I agree with Britanicus on the part where the cleganes would be nigh unstoppable if they get the buff, perhaps make it so only the King gets the buff, So if Renly dies only Stannis would get the buff, but please don't make joffy get the buff for lannister, i would say Tywin though his hp seems rather low only 400 more than joffy yet hes a battle hardedened commander

Good point. The buff would be more manageable if only the king (or the king's champion) got the buff. I could see Renly becoming a boss with this, but probably nothing too bad. Still seems hard to manage.

1. Mobile Trebuchet's - Is it possible to have an option on them to dismantle these? They eat up supply after you are done harassing an opponent or using them. Maybe they can be recycled for 25-50% of the resources originally spent?
3. WC based on hero's being alive - This marginalizes these hero's uses significantly, and are one of the biggest reasons for RQ. Specifically Tyrell, Stark and Tully. Is it a real necessary WC? If so, then should the WC hero's re spawn?

1. I didn't know that trebs used supply. Not that I ever use them. It makes sense though, seeing as catapults use supply. Also, are they any good against units? I've seen a few NW mass trebs by the gates. It seemed to work well against the Wilds.. mostly b/c of the choke point and the splash damage.

2. Yes, Yes! Although I'd change it to 15 seconds. It would give you enough time to GTFO but not enough time to "abuse" the system and attack the player while he still allied you.

3. While having WC specific heroes does induce RQ's, I feel that it's a necessary feature. If Edmure just kept respawning there wouldn't be any reason to keep him safe (well, less of a reason). I really don't see too many people keeping heroes "safe" and not using them, with the exception of LF. I always use Edmure, Robb, etc. b/c it's much better to have them leveled than to hide them away. People just need to do a better job at protecting the heroes.

4. I hear what you're saying. There will be some games where, as Tully, I'll have conquered half the map, but b/c Robb and Edmure are dead and I don't own KL, I'll lose. Seems silly in one aspect, but at the same time, WCs are WCs. Maybe make it so any house that has more than 500 (or w/e) supply gets a win? Something of the sort.

Good ideas though. Welcome to the forums! :)
Thanks.

1. Glad you agree.
2. How long does it take somebody to get from NW to Tully? If stark leaves, and wildlings are coming, no escape route. You should have the choice to pull your hero's out of stark then.
3. What is the goal, as i mentioned at the end. The goal should be to have a complete game, that is entertaining to gamers and that does not break easily. Noobs and casual gamers to the game should be entertained to play. They naturally more often then pro's are playing the game to win and do not have the attachment of seeing a game through.
4. The question is, did you stay under these conditions. Odds are 95% of the playing community would not and would have left when Rob and Edmure died. So then what? Then, whoever was relying on them as allies is going to lose, let's say stannis, so he RQ's as he can't fight lannister and a renly/martell by himself. That's a spiral affect that generally happens in an average game on an average night. How do we prevent that?

Either come up with a solution as to how to make the game more "noob proof", or lessen the game length from an hour to 40 minutes.

Another side point, is it feasible to make picking factions an in game feature? Other then maybe NW and Wildlings because people like to play them specifically.

So, at the game start the balance 9 players pick from least wins to most wins what faction they want. Maybe even put caps on the hard factions (tully/lannister). Lets say more then 10 wins to pay lannister or tully. Similar to what they have with the TD game that you unlock a new race the more times you play (in this case only 2-3). How many times have you played a game where a guy with less then 5 wins pick lannister to RQ in 5 minutes because everybody is attacking him?
Just finished doing this but wanted to see what everyoen thought before i uploaded it...

1. Killing off a King will give the other heros of the other King factions a 5% bonus to attack speed and damage. This will stack per King that is killed so that if the other 4 Kings die then your hero's will be recieving a 20% bonus to attack speed and damage.

2. In order to recieve these bonuses your King must be alive.

3. When your King dies, your heros lose all the bonuses given from killing other Kings, this way players will be protective of their King's and will make losing your King painful.

4. The player that actually kills the King will recieve 2k minerals.

Let's say that I'm Lannister (surprise surprise!). In order to receive the bonus 5% when I kill that Pirate Lord, Balon, I actually have to be the one who kills him, yes? So if my ally killed him, I wouldn't receive a bonus?

Does it count if towers kill an enemy king?

Do my heroes have to be in the general area of the death?

Do players who don't claim the Throne, or independence (Tyrell, Arryn, Tully, Martell) receive any bonus/gold for killing a king? If so/not, how does this/does this impact balance?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Curiosity aside, this idea sounds really fun. My only concern at the moment would involve a pro player fighting a lot of noobs. I can easily see my Hound getting a 20% bonus if I'm fighting a bunch of noobs. The thought of a leveled Hound, with weapons/armor and a 20% bonus makes me squeal with glee, but also cry a little b/c it would be insane.

Of course, noobs in this game are pretty much doomed from the start, but it could make things difficult for other players who now have to face an enemy with much stronger heroes.

I don't think this disqualifies the idea, but it's something to think about.

Thanks JT!

1. As long as the enemy King dies you get the bonus, doesnt matter how he dies

2. You do not have to be in the general area of the King's death, you can be anywhere

3. Only the players with Kings gain the bonus but the faction that does the actual killing gets 2k minerals per King killed

4. You do not have to be the one who kills the King, so long as another King dies and your King is alive, then you will recieve the bonus

Also i changed the bonus to being 2.5% bonus to damage per King so that you can only get a max of 10% to attack damage, but attack speed is staying at 5%

The idea behind the bonus is that as you lose competition for the throne you become more powerful... I was going to do increases spawning but its too much work and i dont have alot of time anymore

1. I will put that in for the next patch

2. Thought i already had a 15 sec delay in but ill check and put it in if not

3. Hmm its not a bad idea and i would def consider removing heros as a WC but i would like a decent alternative to go along with just holding some spawns

4. Sorry all WC's must be met to win, that wont change
I like having to keep heroes alive WC's.

The people who will RQ because they can no longer get a win (Due to heroes dying) would still RQ if the WC's were changed and they lost all their heroes, just because that's who they are.

I think it makes things far more interesting having to keep them alive.

Though I agree about staying in the game when you have no chance of winning. It seems to always happen to me as Tully that i'll lose Ed and Stark will lose Robb, but that just means you do all you can to stop everyone else from winning and don't have to worry about yourself anymore. :p
Bit off topic but can someone tell me how to complete the dragon quest? Have spent hours trying to figure out how to hatch that egg. Sorry for going off topic of the discussion.
THIS IS KIND OF IMPORTANT

Hey JT, HUUUUUUUGE glitch.

If you build a mobile treb then disassemble it, you get 3k minerals. Game is currently horribly broken and I won't play due to the abuse. I got golden company and 15 faceless before the 5 min. mark. Dude, you gotta fix this. FAST
One thing I found about the buff from other people's kings dead buff is that it doesn't carry over to my other heroes. I was Lannister and Joffery was still alive, but when Bronn and Tyrion came, Bronn didn't receive the benefits of either of some of King's that die before he came. If you want a bit more details, Robb, Renly and Stannis died before Bronn and Tyrion arrived at 30 minute mark. He didn't receive those buffs, despite the fact that Joffery was still alive at the time. He only received part of buff when Balon died at post 30 minute mark.

I'm not sure if its intentional or not, but I would like my heroes who either got found or revived to continue receiving the buff as long as my King is still alive.
GLITCH-->When you go through portals I.E Iron Islands to Riverlands.. your heros drop their items....

07/31/2012 12:04 PMPosted by scvmurderer
Bit off topic but can someone tell me how to complete the dragon quest? Have spent hours trying to figure out how to hatch that egg. Sorry for going off topic of the discussion.
Where is the egg? I've heard you bring the egg to Dragonstone.. and something about Maesters?
Okay ill fix the Trebs i know what the prob is :P

Ill make it so that respawning and findable heros recieve the buffs as well

And the problem with the teleporter are prob caused by the new patch

And im not giving any hints about the Dragon Egg
Might be some time on the next update, the editor is having issues where it wont let me update which is prob some bug caused by the new patch.