Unexpected Decryption error

Mac Technical Support
Thanks. Steps worked
I deleted temp folder and repaired my SC2 files as well, optimization is now running fine.
08/01/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Atlan
How are you connected to the internet? If you're wireless, try a direct connection to the modem/router. Try to restart your Mac too and try again and see if that helps.

l've tried that and it still stays at 0

If anyone else is having this issue, just keep in mind that it may take a little while before it starts to load, as it has to reconfigure the game files. After five minutes or so, mine is now installing correctly.
These steps worked for me too! Thanks.
Following those 4 steps removes the error but the optimization remains at 0%...
OHH nevermind! just wiat a few minutes and it starts to make some progress :) ty
You have to delete the WHOLE temp folder and not what just inside. I didn't even need to restart. You have to wait for like 15 minutes for the optimization start from 0%... patience...
having the same problem. trying the 4 steps now!
I deleted the Temp folder and still have the same error.
:(
I don't have this folder = ( what do i do!!!!
Is there a solution for people playing on Windows Vista? I've had the exact same problem but I'm not running it on mac.
I've been having that issue for a few days now. I've tried everything suggested on this forum but nothing seems to work!! Please help!

Edit: After following all steps and waiting for about 30 minutes or so, I got to 3 percent completion. However, when I reached 3%, the unexpected encryption error occurred again, the same one that used to only happen when I started patching. Blizzard, please get back to us quickly!
So, if deleting the folder and letting it re-create the data didn't work, this means it is more than likely a network issue. This seems to be where the data is timing out, as the information in the Temp folder is not complete.

What type of internet are you running (wifi, wired to modem, wired to router, etc)?

Have you tried optimizing your internet connecting as well?
with much frustration, I looked it up on google and typed in "starcraft 2 decryption error" and all it came up with for like the first two pages were diablo 3 bugs. weird. but i finally found this thread and what you suggested worked like a charm for me. so thank you very much Machkhan. i guess it just had a bad install on the first try. thank you
oh and by the way if any of you have problems finding the temp folder, it will be under C:\programfiles(x86)\starcraft2\temp. thats where it was for me anyway. i hope that helps some of you
delete temp folder, repair, start again. thanks
08/16/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Karkett
oh and by the way if any of you have problems finding the temp folder, it will be under C:\programfiles(x86)\starcraft2\temp. thats where it was for me anyway. i hope that helps some of you

For Mac it would be /Applications/StarCraft II. Remember these forums are for Mac users who are having issues. Windows forums are over here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13438/
deleting temp file worked like a charm, got it ready to play in under 20 min!
i Dont have the Temp file at all :S
If you don't have a temp folder, then you might just want to uninstall the current copy of SC2 you have and download an updated version from Battle.net. The updated version skips the migration process, since it starts off at patch 1.5.
So whenever I patch SC2 from the launcher, the launcher quits itself at 100% the first time I try it, creating a .part file in the Temp folder ("Installer Tome 1.MPQ.part"). Subsequent trials lead to the decryption error. If I delete the temp folder, it creates the .part file again and leads to the same error. Is there a way to fix this? I'm on OS X 10.6 without FileVault or a case-sensitive disk by the way, and I'm on a wired connection.