StarCore, an RP from beyond the grave,Open RP

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
Owl, you'll have weaker versions of everything but the Skylance Cruise Missiles. You'll unlock those later. Everything else will upgrade.
Back.
IC:
"So why are we after this convoy? And how's the pay anyway?"
I take a look at Burning Phoenix, my mech, being assembled.
I should hop in and start the ready process soon.
Name: Luke Bishop
Faction: Umojan Protectorate
Mech Name: The Apparition
Appearance: (MUST BE HUMAN)
Weapons on hand: Hand gun. I like mobility while out of mech.
Ties to other factions: Umojan Protectorate through and through
Backstory: Raised in Umoja, lives in Umoja, fights for Umoja.
Fighting Style: Evades until the enemy gives his best shot. Then goes in and deals damage. (lol, idk what am I supposed to say?)
"If possible," Cali asks the technician "could you refit my mech with a Combat Shield, a Energy Blade, and a pistol?"
Name: Gordon Hammond
Faction: Raynor's Raiders
Mech Name: Habits
Appearance: Short and thin. The kind of person no one looks at twice.
Weapons on hand: Model 95 Derringer
Ties to other factions: Leftover mercs from the old days whom he rarely has contact with.
Backstory: Ex-merc. His employment was 'terminated' during the slow time after the Brood wars. (The person sent to 'inform' Gordon of his termination never reported back) He was able to get away with his mech. Fortunately for him, the merc. company he worked for didn't feel that the risk was worth sending someone else from 'labor management' to ensure that his employment's termination was official. Mechs are expensive after all.
Gordon fell in with the raiders shortly there after. Fortunately for him, the Raiders have not hired any mercs from his old group.
Fighting Style: Good old hit and run.

Mech stats.
Weapons:
2 Mech Pistols, one on each leg
1 Strafing rifle
1 Rocket set
"...You forgot me..."
Yes. You failed to submit the application correctly.

(So did Wfawwer but since she can't fix hers without going through zarkun, I included hers)
I quickly get bored with a lack of answers.
"Alright looks like no one knows anything about this mission"
Or, no one WANTS to say anything about it... a little suspicious
I turn around and begin walking toward Burning Phoenix.
"I'll be prepping now, see you on the battlefield."
{Gordon, you know how much one of these costs right?}

I sigh and reach up to activate my comm. Hank was such a pain. Excellent mechanic, but a pain.
"You only remind me before every mission. And during the mission. And whenever I get hit. And when the mission is over. And when I get back to base."

The man on the other end of the radio is silent for a moment. Knowing Hank, he was thinking up a retort. {Yea, and you still bring me back damaged materials.}

I sigh again. "Tell you what. You get command to give me a non-combat assignment, and I'll bring you back Habits in excellent shape."

{Grumble mutter grumble}

I smile. Only Hank would leave a radio on while he muttered and grumbled. "I know Hank. Look on the bright side. This raid shouldn't be much of a problem."

{Do you know how much it costs to repair even minor damage to these things?}

I guess some things never change.
I've noticed a few names I don't recognize.

My name is Zanon. I am a regular at Joeyray's and the unofficial forum sheriff of Joeyray's.
My (unofficial) job is to give a brief orientation to new RPers at Joeyray's Bar. This includes relevant facts about myself and others.

The first and most important thing is: BLIZZARD'S CODE OF CONDUCT.
You can find this on the bottom of any page on the forum. In them you will find all the things that they can ban you for.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thundercrash (He isn't here right now) knows what he is talking about, but really any of the people here can be counted on to answer a serious question.

As a courtesy to others, do not kill their characters. Also try to keep your punctuation in top form. We have a lot of perfectionists here, as this is primarily a story forum.

Have fun.

More information is available on:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4139866899?page=1

----------IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ME----------
I am an easy going person but, if you post something that contains x-rated or downright disgusting material I WILL REPORT YOU.
I have reported two people for this, and they were both PERMANENTLY banned.
----------End note----------
Hi Zanon thanks for the welcome :) I'll be behaving myself don't worry
I approach the technician, "Just give me the biggest gun, and what ever makes the biggest boom." I lean in, getting my nose within inches of the techie, "Do ya understand, boy?" I clench my fist and then walk back to my massive mech.

(or girl that wasn't really specified =p, also i suppose the weapons would be the Needlessly large gun and possibly the HAHA rockets/missles or what ever if they are available after the helper arm is attached to my mechs shoulders.)
I walked into the hangar and walked over to my Mech, and I saw some railing and I decided to take advantage of it. "Ok, I want a Strafing Rifle attached to the right side of the Mech, then I want a Ceres on the left side. And don't forget the Pistols on the legs, I will also take Shoulder Mounted Rockets." I laid my new arm and hand on Gatekeeper, the touch felt cold and the arm was black.

Remembering what happened to it, I was in a crossfire when it happened.

Bullets were flying, ordnance exploding all around us. "Who tipped them off! This was supposed to be a inside job!" I was behind cover, taking pot shots at the Dominion army when we went to secure a armory. One of the explosives threw a Tank up surprisingly and it pinned my right arm, I blacked out after that.

I looked back at my new arm, I didn't remember the rest, I just woke up with this. "Well, are you going to hurry up!"
As I'm walking away I suddenly remember something.
"Oh, also, I'll take that aileron speed upgrade. The one that goes on the shoulders. And the Biosteel Net for slowing down opposing mechs, if it's not too much trouble. That'll be all though, thanks."
I continue walking away, thinking over my quick, spendy decision.
Yeah that's the way it has to be. No point investing into a flamethrower or a pistol. Realistically, if they're already that close I'm a goner anyway.
08/29/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Zarkun
Owl, you'll have weaker versions of everything but the Skylance Cruise Missiles. You'll unlock those later. Everything else will upgrade.
Okay sure. (but must you nerf my 10 damage PDD laser? xD) Also, what faction would I get the missiles from? The Dominion mechs seem to use missiles a lot, but long range precision guided missiles don't really fit in with the standard Dominion philosophy of "walk in, ignore that you're being shot at because you have so much armor, blow everything to dust". I will post the full character information sheet plus the sketch of my mech tomorrow. Or today. Whenever I get a chance.

edit: How are you speaking to HBRB by the way? I'm new to deviantart, so I don't know.
I watched as they brought out both the phase cannon and nano sword in front of my mech.

"Alright, I want the phase cannon on the left shoulder and the nano sword attached on the right arm so that it could be able to work like a wrist blade."
"I only missed the weapons on hand...."

I watch as the sniper is placed. The sword was unable to be added at the moment for some reason. "Pure bullsh!t." I said to that. "Could I get some AA missiles mounted on the shoulders?"
I chuckle at all the new guys as they scramble to get their COREs mounted with weapons. But, despite the amusement, I was still irritated. Back on Earth, when RN was doing well, Draconum was called a proper AC, though I guess armored is assumed out here. And then, despite my credentials, they have me running a convoy op. Of course, seeing as there were so many new pilots, I wasn't too irritated about that. Maybe some of these guys would come home with me to help RN get off the ground again.
I watch as my weapons are being mounted, "If you put so much as a scratch on that hull, your a dead man!" I yell at the already nervous techie, he scrambls to get the work completed and get as far away from me as he can.

I gaze at the overly proportionate weapon and chuckle, "That there is a beaut, beats all these other pint sized excuses of weapons out of the water. HA!" I lean against a railing and light a cigar, taking a few small puffs and releasing an unpleasant smelling smoke.
"You would be dead before you could even use those weapons when I'm around." I say to the Dominion man. My eye was still twitching every now and again.