noob sc2 experience - nothing but losses

Joeyray's Bar
Yup I just started, I've watched Day9, been to team liquid, etc, I'm working on it, trying to keep my money low, etc, I'm sure with some play I will improve. BUT...

It's really a drag to have nothing but losses. I know there are people out there who are as noob as I am. I assume eventually it will match me against them instead of these Bronze #1 players. I've been through it before with other games so I know the drill... but I wonder how many people just give up at this point?

I would think the matchmaking system would throw us a bone every now and then.

Just QQ that's why I'm posting in Joey's Bar :)
Is it your APM or skill that you think is in you way?
EDIT: I see 5 wins on your profile.
It's everything but mostly skill and experience. My wins were on the novice maps, as soon as I started playing actual games it's been all losses.

I'm sure it's all fine, eventually I will sink to my appropriate level =)
Since you look like you play protoss most, I'd recommend looking up the 4-gate build then write it down on paper so you can look at it as you play.

I'd personally recommend you write down when to build probes & Units in addition to the buildings.

Build your proxy pylon, but don't attack. Keep reinforcing the proxy (like with units and a couple of cannons).

This gives you map control.
Thanks for the advice. I took all of it, and in particular I found filtersc's video to be immensely helpful. Even though it's for Terran, I tried to achieve the same goals for Protoss: 50 probes and expo by 10 minutes. What a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SES1IAGlwDU

Now if I could only figure out how to keep my money low in games that run over fifteen minutes. And better multitasking :)
Thanks for the advice. I took all of it, and in particular I found filtersc's video to be immensely helpful. Even though it's for Terran, I tried to achieve the same goals for Protoss: 50 probes and expo by 10 minutes. What a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SES1IAGlwDU

Now if I could only figure out how to keep my money low in games that run over fifteen minutes. And better multitasking :)
If you can afford it and you're fairly certain that you don't need the money for something else, spam as many warp gates as possible with your excess minerals. Later on, that will pay off, because now whenever you have an excess of minerals, simply warp in a bazillion units from the gates. If you can pull it off, you can even try dropping a probe in their base via warp prism and making a pylon out of sight. As for the multitasking, it's just practice.
Add me in game if you want help practicing, Owlfeathers #198.