HotS Quick Questions & Answers Thread

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 34 Next
I personally don't like it much either, and I am planning to make a post about it soon. =]
Please do! ♥

Seeing as I cannot post on the HOTS forums for some reason, I hope we can get it across to Blizz that the MS Core sucks and does not work well for Protoss.

Tethering the MS Core to be useful within Nexus "range" is probably the best solution:

We want the Core to be reverted BACK to what it was:

• 10 range 45 damage Purifier
  • No more Repulsor Cannon
  • Mass Recall BACK to the MS Core, not requiring units to be within 7 range
  • TETHER the Mass Recall and Purifier beam to WITHIN a certain range of a Nexus, and grey them out when the MS Core is not within that range.
  • KEEP the 1.88 speed so that the MS Core can move between bases quickly, and ONLY be able to use Purifier IF within Nexus range.

This limits the MS Core to ONLY be useful within range of Protoss bases, essentially making them purely defensive.

Heh. Thats pretty darn close to what I was thinking. I think they just really don't want to leash it, despite that seeming like the best solution.

I understand that; was not suggesting that you did :P But, you tend to have more intimate information about Blizzard's musings than we do, so I thought it was worth asking ^_^

Heh, if you say so. All I did was quote this thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6758985883 and then state\guess the obvious, that nothing is set in stone yet.

I don't really mind anyone asking those questions; but it is hard to decide how to reply while maintaining a distinction between my opinion and thoughts the developers have actually expressed themselves.
I have a question:

Why are you buffing Protoss 3 times in a row, and giving both other races absolutely nothing but nerfs, slaps to the face, and unit-removals?

I won't be buying an "expansion" for Protoss, while my race remains WoL.
Oy, didn't you see the notice at the start?

Keep in mind I am not a Blizzard Employee -- I cannot explain the reasoning developers used when designing or implementing anything into the beta. Please refrain from sarcastic\balance related questions -- you can make your own thread for that! Thanks! =]

Particularly, the bit about sarcastic balance questions and the fact that I'm not responsible for working on the game.

Why are you

I 'aint doing nothing. Don't work for Blizzard. Wrong thread!

buffing Protoss 3 times in a row, and giving both other races absolutely nothing but nerfs, slaps to the face, and unit-removals?

Because at the start of the beta, Protoss was clearly weakest and needed a series of buffs. The only unit removed was a necessary removal. Widow Mines, Battle Hellions, Vipers, and Swarm Hosts are all good units and are still arguably better then the new Protoss units.

I won't be buying an "expansion" for Protoss, while my race remains WoL

Good for you, sonny.

Seriously, I don't have anything against you TKi, but keep that stuff out of this thread. Make your own thread about it. =)
10/01/2012 07:04 AMPosted by TheSkunk
Seriously, I don't have anything against you TKi, but keep that stuff out of this thread. Make your own thread about it. =)
+1

:D
Hey, TheSkunk, could you please confirm if a MS Core can kill 1 queen 1 on 1, and whether it can kill a 2nd one?
1 Mothership Core beats 1 Queen, but with 47 HP left.

A Queen on creep is faster and has more range; with micro it would be possible for it to win.
1 Mothership Core beats 1 Queen, but with 47 HP left.

A Queen on creep is faster and has more range; with micro it would be possible for it to win.
Thank you :)
SKUNK DONT FEED THE TROLL.
10/01/2012 09:32 AMPosted by AntareSpicA
SKUNK DONT FEED THE TROLL.

He asked a question. I have a principal of replying to every question, even if I tell off the asker in the very same post. =P (I have a feeling he didn't really like my reply anyway)

(not-so-subtly disguised bump post)
He asked a question. I have a principal of replying to every question, even if I tell off asker in the very same post. =P (I have a feeling he didn't really like my reply anyway)

(not-so-subtly disguised bump post)

Well I guess.But still, he is trolling.
Possibly half decent question:

How many people have HOTS beta access, and how could someone tell?

Not sure if that was asked and answered before, but I don't want to search the thread for it.

I want to give Blizzard feedback on HOTS balance, but I need beta access to do it properly, so I don't have much better things to do :(
Possibly half decent question:

How many people have HOTS beta access, and how could someone tell?

Not sure if that was asked and answered before, but I don't want to search the thread for it.

I want to give Blizzard feedback on HOTS balance, but I need beta access to do it properly, so I don't have much better things to do :(

They put up stickies for each wave on the beta forum. Wave 3 was 8,000 players, wave 3 was 12,000, wave 4 was 7,000.

Wave 1 was number of invites that included press, pros, and friend and family -- don't know the number.
They put up stickies for each wave on the beta forum. Wave 3 was 8,000 players, wave 3 was 12,000, wave 4 was 7,000.

Wave 1 was number of invites that included press, pros, and friend and family -- don't know the number.

Any idea when the next "wave" is?
Usually towards the end of the week after the weekly patch goes through; Friday probably.
09/05/2012 03:50 PMPosted by War
Why is this game so old school, I honestly cant see why it has not adopted the supreme commander style play where you can zoom out to the whole map and back in @ mouse pointer. It really wont change the challenge of micro or macro but makes it much friendlier for people to move the map very quickly with out having to use key binds witch imo are not fun to use. This is something I always wanted in the original starcraft and i was delighted when I was able to play sup com this way and I was honestly shocked that SC2 did not incorporate this style of game play.

Because SC in here stands for StarCraft, Not SupremeCommander, run along.
In light of the most recent patch: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6794980782

Anyone have any new questions? =D
Does anyone know when the beta wave will be finished sending out the keys?