HotS Quick Questions & Answers Thread

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 34 Next
11/13/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Mlenk
Will all XP etc that you earn during the beta be reset once the retail version of HOTS gets released?

Yep, definitely will be reset.

Is single player going to have an offline mode (ala sc2) or will it be always online (ala diablo3) I'll just watch a youtube "lets play" if it is - diablo3 was a nightmare at launch, so bad i got a refund for it.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

It should have the same offline model WoL used.
Is the HOTS campaign being beta tested? If not, any idea when it will be, or was it already?

Also, about when will the open beta happen? Approx 1-2 months to scheduled launch like D3?
Is the HOTS campaign being beta tested? If not, any idea when it will be, or was it already?

I don't think they have any plans to allow us to test the beta, they do all of that internally. They usually don't want to spoil the story, and most often not much is gained from what little can be played without spoilers.

Also, about when will the open beta happen? Approx 1-2 months to scheduled launch like D3?

Theres no promise they will do one. If they do (which they might) it would probably be within 1-2 months of launch like you say.
Now that HotS has a release date I'm wondering about system requirements for the game. Will it be the same as WOL?
is zerg still going to as imba as they are in wings of liberty?
11/14/2012 06:12 PMPosted by DusterMan
Now that HotS has a release date I'm wondering about system requirements for the game. Will it be the same as WOL?

As far as I know, it is their intention for them to change as little as possible -- but I wouldn't be surprised if some really low-end computers have more trouble with it. Nothing official on it yet, though.
so if i pre-purchase HotS from blizzard will i get beta access?
11/15/2012 03:01 PMPosted by ForeverBlue
so if i pre-purchase HotS from blizzard will i get beta access?

Nope, not currently.
Actually if you preorder off amazon you get a beta key:)
11/16/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Carnage

Yes, that is correct. Other areas offer this as well, but not Blizzards own site.
How do I import my WOL hotkey/settings file??
Will the HoTS CE mousepad be a soft or hardsurface mousepad?
11/17/2012 01:38 AMPosted by ZionsWrath
How do I import my WOL hotkey/settings file??

Settings: Copy the My Documents\Starcraft II Variables.txt file and use it to replace the Variables.txt file found in My Documents\Starcraft II Beta. The hotkeys I don't think you can copy over.

11/17/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Crouton
Will the HoTS CE mousepad be a soft or hardsurface mousepad?

Good question, I looked around but couldn't find anything on this. Sorry.

The best I could do is look at previous mouse pads they've made, and they all appeared to be soft.
09/10/2012 01:01 PMPosted by TheSkunk
Viper's Blinding Cloud has been buffed recently and now affects all ground units. Does it affect structures like spine crawler, spore crawlers, bunkers, missle turrets, photon cannons, and planetary fortresses?

Yes.

This is interesting for muta harrass in ZvP... imagine they bring in 5+ muta and 1 or 2 vipers... no cannon or blink response for the duration on the spell.... I'm hoping that storm still goes off though this blinding cloud?

else now toss 'forced' to go air and get multiple phoenix as they have yet to get a goo spash AA (like the original tempest)
You can still cast storm from it.

The radius is small enough I'm pretty sure stalkers will still work pretty well vs Muta anyway.
Do widowmines use "smart targeting" like tanks? Or will they all target the same unit when activated?
Yeah, its smart targeting.
Sorry if this has already been answered, but will all our achievements and portraits be carried over in HotS?
11/16/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Carnage

Woah woah woah WOAH

hold the phone

I pre-ordered HotS off of Amazon a while ago.... I never heard anything about a beta key! Where did you read this?