HotS Quick Questions & Answers Thread

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 34 Next
Bought the Heart of the Swarm Digital Deluxe edition but didn't get the item: Zergefied wings in Diablo 3. Relog and create new character won't fix this problem. Any ideas?
Anybody know if Amazon is still giving out keys with pre-order?
11/19/2012 03:51 PMPosted by rccars
Sorry if this has already been answered, but will all our achievements and portraits be carried over in HotS?

I believe they will.

Actually if you preorder off amazon you get a beta key:)

Woah woah woah WOAH

hold the phone

I pre-ordered HotS off of Amazon a while ago.... I never heard anything about a beta key! Where did you read this?

It said right on the Amazon page when the event was running. It started a when the release date was announced, and ended recently.

11/19/2012 11:33 PMPosted by shou
Bought the Heart of the Swarm Digital Deluxe edition but didn't get the item: Zergefied wings in Diablo 3. Relog and create new character won't fix this problem. Any ideas?

A lot of people have been having issues with it. This is the only blue post I could find on it: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005437686#4

Its also listed in the known issues thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369438018

Hardcore heroes are not receiving the Kerrigan Wings item from the Heart of the Swarm Digital Deluxe nor Collector's Edition purchase.

11/20/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Artisian
Anybody know if Amazon is still giving out keys with pre-order?

As best as I can tell, that deal has ended.
I've been looking, but can't yet find... is there an informed (not " I want to have beta but I'm theory crafting") thread on opening builds in HOTS?

Just been playing my placements (as unranked was wildly smash or be smashed) and was probably too keen to get to use tempest/oracle, and got thrashed consistently (LOL!)

I'M NOT QQ'ing, just keen to see if there are opening builds developing that lead to some stable expand into scouted response, of/for any races, as I'd like to try all 3 races for a while to see how all the races play out.
When I went to put in my username today to login, there was a region option with a choice of NA and localhost. Is that like the server that tournaments would use?
11/20/2012 03:10 PMPosted by xOPieTaster
When I went to put in my username today to login, there was a region option with a choice of NA and localhost. Is that like the server that tournaments would use?

I expect so myself, as 'localhost' is a non routeable 'loopback' address, so it was either left in from testing, or could be edited for a local IP address running their 'tournament' server perhaps?

We could dream that it might be later an 'editable' field for home based 1v1 if you set it for each others address as a 'mini-lan' but frankly, that's probably still a pipe dream :(
Thank you for your kindly reply. It feels better when I get my answers. ^^

In Diablo3 forum there are too many trolls and drama going on and this post is drown to nowhere. lol

Thanks again.
When a Mothership Core loses some hitpoints but decides to transform into a Mothership, does it retains those lost hitpoints when it becomes a "cocoon", or does it start off with full hitpoints again? If the former, does it regain all its hitpoints when it becomes the MS, or is it a percentage conversion of hitpoints from the MSC to the MS?
I've been looking, but can't yet find... is there an informed (not " I want to have beta but I'm theory crafting") thread on opening builds in HOTS?

Just been playing my placements (as unranked was wildly smash or be smashed) and was probably too keen to get to use tempest/oracle, and got thrashed consistently (LOL!)

I'M NOT QQ'ing, just keen to see if there are opening builds developing that lead to some stable expand into scouted response, of/for any races, as I'd like to try all 3 races for a while to see how all the races play out.

No, not really. I think most people just do heavily modified versions of WoL openers, for the most part. At any rate, I've never seen any sort of good thread about openers.

11/20/2012 03:10 PMPosted by xOPieTaster

Yes, if or when they let tournaments use a localhost. But for now, it does pretty much nothing.

Thank you for your kindly reply. It feels better when I get my answers. ^^

In Diablo3 forum there are too many trolls and drama going on and this post is drown to nowhere. lol

Thanks again.

No problem ^^

11/21/2012 03:52 AMPosted by VuoiDyS
When a Mothership Core loses some hitpoints but decides to transform into a Mothership, does it retains those lost hitpoints when it becomes a "cocoon", or does it start off with full hitpoints again? If the former, does it regain all its hitpoints when it becomes the MS, or is it a percentage conversion of hitpoints from the MSC to the MS?

It retains hit-points while morphing, but reaches full HP when it finished morphing.
Posted by VuoiDyS

It retains hit-points while morphing, but reaches full HP when it finished morphing.

Thanks!! But I don't like this inconsistency.
11/21/2012 04:48 AMPosted by VuoiDyS

Inconsistency? This is how other morphing units like the Overseer work. Its pretty consistent within the game, even if it doesn't make 100% sense.

No, not really. I think most people just do heavily modified versions of WoL openers, for the most part. At any rate, I've never seen any sort of good thread about openers.

any chance you'd like to start one? Please :)
11/20/2012 11:20 AMPosted by TheSkunk

E-mailed amazon support, and it seems the promotion is still present as of 11/20, but not sure for how long after that... for anyone still looking for a key, buy from amazon and ask their support!
11/21/2012 05:26 AMPosted by TheSkunk

Inconsistency? This is how other morphing units like the Overseer work. Its pretty consistent within the game, even if it doesn't make 100% sense.

As far as I know, when an Overlord decides to morph into an Overseer but is not at full hitpoints, it turns into the cocoon with full hitpoints regardless of how much health the Overlord had. Then if it survives the morphing duration, it becomes a full hitpoint Overseer.

Is this right? If it isn't, please correct me.

any chance you'd like to start one? Please :)

I'm not really a connoisseur of builds. Maybe you could ask Don to do so.

E-mailed amazon support, and it seems the promotion is still present as of 11/20, but not sure for how long after that... for anyone still looking for a key, buy from amazon and ask their support!

*Shrug* I heard people saying they were no longer getting beta keys, and the deal is no longer listed on the page. 11/20 is a while ago, though, so maybe I was right. Either way, I am sure you should trust Amazon Support over me.

As far as I know, when an Overlord decides to morph into an Overseer but is not at full hitpoints, it turns into the cocoon with full hitpoints regardless of how much health the Overlord had.

Well, I tested it to make sure. The cocoon carries over the HP from the Overlord, just like I said -- and yes, goes to full HP after it finishes.

The Mothership Core doesn't really have that much of a "cocoon" state per se anyway, it just stays still in its original form and the Mothership starts warping in around it.
I was pretty sure I was correct, but I'm open to be wrong so I loaded up a map to test it. The cocoon carries over the HP from the Overlord, just like I said -- and yes, goes to full HP after it finishes.

The Mothership Core doesn't really have that much of a "cocoon" state per se anyway, it just stays still in its original form and the Mothership starts warping in around it.

Ok, thanks!!
Will Heart of the Swarm require ownership of Wings of Liberty?

For the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, yes, Wings of Liberty will be required in order to play Heart of the Swarm. For other regions that have alternative access models, we’ll provide details at a later date.

Does this mean for 2 HOTS accounts, I need two WOL accounts? 1 WOL account won't suffice?
11/23/2012 01:05 AMPosted by DarkNinja
Does this mean for 2 HOTS accounts, I need two WOL accounts? 1 WOL account won't suffice?

As I understand it, yes. You can only attach 1 copy of Starcraft II to your account per region, and you need a WoL account for the region you are buying HotS in.

Though you can get both WoL and HotS together for 60$, essentially reducing the price of WoL to 20% -- or, another way of looking at it, getting both games for standard release price for a game.

With things like Global Play (can play on any region with 1 account) and unranked ladder (separate MMR to off-race\warm up on) the need for multiple accounts shouldn't be quite as high for the average player.
I have a laptop and a computer. Would I be able to play the beta on both with the same account? Or would I have to have seperate accounts for each?

IF that's the case, as long as I don't agree to the terms and conditions, I can still choose which to use, correct?
11/24/2012 01:34 AMPosted by ACGXIII
I have a laptop and a computer. Would I be able to play the beta on both with the same account? Or would I have to have seperate accounts for each?

I don't think that you can do this on beta but once HotS comes out and you have the material disk, I think you can play on both.