HotS Quick Questions & Answers Thread

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 34 Next
09/09/2012 06:58 PMPosted by krazyjamers
Are they releasing more beta keys today?

Who knows. :) I do believe they will be adding more this week, though.

Also, since nobody really asked any more questions:

• Pylons power radius does not effect up cliffs, but still does effect down cliffs.
  • Mass recalling an army while above air space will only recall air units, not ground units.
  • Viper's Blinding Cloud has been buffed recently and now affects all ground units. Does it affect structures like spine crawler, spore crawlers, bunkers, missle turrets, photon cannons, and planetary fortresses?
    09/10/2012 12:32 PMPosted by ZeroHero
    Viper's Blinding Cloud has been buffed recently and now affects all ground units. Does it affect structures like spine crawler, spore crawlers, bunkers, missle turrets, photon cannons, and planetary fortresses?

Yes.
    What would you rather have to fight in real life, the swarm host or the warhound?
    Is there anyway that they would ever scrap the oracle and Tempest due to the communities response towards these two in my opinion terribly designed units? If not how will they compensate with the massive uproar from the protoss community?
    09/10/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Flare
    What would you rather have to fight in real life, the swarm host or the warhound?

Warhound. I don't care which is more powerful -- both are fully capable of killing me in real life, but aliens are a heck of a lot more terrifying then robots.

09/10/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Drathjon
    Is there anyway that they would ever scrap the oracle and Tempest due to the communities response towards these two in my opinion terribly designed units? If not how will they compensate with the massive uproar from the protoss community?

A lot of what they are complaining about could be fixed without scrapping them.

I seriously doubt the Oracle will be removed, but there is a slim chance the Tempest might be.
    A lot of what they are complaining about could be fixed without scrapping them.

I seriously doubt the Oracle will be removed, but there is a slim chance the Tempest might be.

Can you please detail how the oracle can be fixed?

Also I hope it does get scrapped thank you for that feedback.
    09/10/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Drathjon
    Can you please detail how the oracle can be fixed?

Simply swap abilities in and out. Unlike the tempest (or other units) it doesn't hinge entirely upon one mechanic, like extreme attack range.
    09/10/2012 02:32 PMPosted by TheSkunk
    Simply swap abilities in and out. Unlike the tempest (or other units) it doesn't hinge entirely upon one mechanic, like extreme attack range.

Thank you so much for the quick responses!
    Skunk do you know when blizzards gonna give away more beta keys because i am seeing the pros not playing HOTS beta anymore cause they never find games or they just play the same people over and over again!
    09/10/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Emissary
    Skunk do you know when blizzards gonna give away more beta keys because i am seeing the pros not playing HOTS beta anymore cause they never find games or they just play the same people over and over again!

No, I don't know for sure. I'm guessing this week, but it will be more and more as time goes on.
    Could you please let us know whether high ground warpin missing from heart of the swarm is is an intentional change (if so why) or bug like ovie movespeed?

Thank you

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6520713176?page=1#14
    I am not a Blizzard Employee - you realize that, right?

I'm 99% sure its intentional, but I cannot explain the reasoning behind it. (You can still warp from high ground to the low ground, just not vice-versa)

I presume its because it was mostly used for cheesy things like cannon rushing and zealot\voidray all-in, and the other uses it had can be fulfilled with a warp prism. But I don't really know.
    Why bliz hate toss so much? they make us a race that can only win if we go all in the toss are a proud race not a fearful one we need to hide behind ff and canons to be able to win.

also there is any option to scarp the tempest and the oracle?
    Updated in index and added a comment about sarcastic questions.

Someone already asked that, Altaris, but if you just want to make sly comments about Blizzard hating Protoss you can do it elsewhere -- you don't have to stick it in here as a veiled question.

The beta will go through a lot of changes, and it is possible a unit will be removed or replaced. Protoss could also simply receive significant buffs -- just because they feel weaker right now doesn't mean anything.
    Can i have the beta and a beta key. Can't wait so many ppl have it :(
    TheShunk you look like the guy who can help me plz.
    I personally don't have beta keys to give out, sorry.

You can enter in to this beta key contest: http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw12/2012/09/11/we-have-1500-starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-public-beta-keys/ though.
    What are the current Oracle abilities?
    First of all, I don't think asking why Protoss is getting shafted is a sarcastic question, or when/if the Oracle and/or Tempest will be scrapped. They are both perfectly valid questions, because the Tempest is just a badly designed unit, and the Oracle is so incredibly underwhelming and expensive that building it just seems like a way of telling your opponent, "hey, I just wasted a lot of gas and time teching up to this piece of junk, so if you all-in me right now, you will crush me..."

But on to the topic at hand, what justification is there for Haywire Missiles being autocast? Snipe is effectively the same thing for bio units as Haywire Missiles are for mechanical units, so why should Haywire Missiles be easier to use?

In fact, Haywire Missiles are better vs. Mechanical units than Snipe is vs. Biological units, because Haywire Missiles don't require target firing, or energy, comes free as a default ability for the Warhound, and allow the Warhound to use its normal attack while casting. The only downside is that it doesn't his flying units, but anything in the air that can actually pose a threat to the Warhound is either countered by Marines or Vikings, both of which are cheap, cost-and-supply effective, and can be produced at double the speed of corparable units due to Reactors...

Again, why is this even still in the beta in its current state? At the very least, it should have double the cooldown time and require the Terran player to choose the targets himself/herself, which would make the Warhound much more balanced and not such an "a-move" unit.
    Edited by EntropicXG on 9/13/12 1:47 PM (PDT)

First of all, I don't think asking why Protoss is getting shafted is a sarcastic question, or when/if the Oracle and/or Tempest will be scrapped. They are both perfectly valid questions, because the Tempest is just a badly designed unit, and the Oracle is so incredibly underwhelming and expensive that building it just seems like a way of telling your opponent, "hey, I just wasted a lot of gas and time teching up to this piece of junk, so if you all-in me right now, you will crush me..."But on to the topic at hand, what justification is there for Haywire Missiles being autocast? Snipe is effectively the same thing for bio units as Haywire Missiles are for mechanical units, so why should Haywire Missiles be easier to use?In fact, Haywire Missiles are better vs. Mechanical units than Snipe is vs. Biological units, because Haywire Missiles don't require target firing, or energy, comes free as a default ability for the Warhound, and allow the Warhound to use its normal attack while casting. The only downside is that it doesn't his flying units, but anything in the air that can actually pose a threat to the Warhound is either countered by Marines or Vikings, both of which are cheap, cost-and-supply effective, and can be produced at double the speed of corparable units due to Reactors... Again, why is this even still in the beta in its current state? At the very least, it should have double the cooldown time and require the Terran player to choose the targets himself/herself, which would make the Warhound much more balanced and not such an "a-move" unit.
    I dont really think this is what TheSkunk is talking about. He means short questions about updates in the beta, like hotkey changes, or the pylon thing