HotS Quick Questions & Answers Thread

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 34 Next
Question about Patch 3:

For the battle hellions, are they now just biological like marines, or biological and mechanical like SCV's?

On a side note, WOW! The MMM ball just got bigger!
Maybe someone can help me here. I was looking through my menu and I noticed that there was something called Starcraft 2 beta. I clicked on it and it downloaded the Beta. However, it says 'You are trying to login using a client version not recognized by the Battle.net service.' Is everyone who participated in the PTR able to do this? Why was the beta installed on my computer? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!
Blinding cloud on a siege tank reduces the range to melee so the tank will never shoot because it wont splash itself right? In siege mode of course.
JorgeCis: Patch hasn't went through yet, but I will check when it does. Edit: Mechanical and Biological http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6489880526?page=8#153

09/20/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Spartan
Maybe someone can help me here. I was looking through my menu and I noticed that there was something called Starcraft 2 beta. I clicked on it and it downloaded the Beta. However, it says 'You are trying to login using a client version not recognized by the Battle.net service.' Is everyone who participated in the PTR able to do this? Why was the beta installed on my computer? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

Does "StarCraft II®: Heart of the Swarm" appear on your account page: https://us.battle.net/account/management/ ?

If not, what you have installed is probably the Arcade beta.

If it is on your account page, its probably giving you that message because it isn't patching correctly. Make sure you are running it as an administrator, and disable your anti-virus as a first step.

Blinding cloud on a siege tank reduces the range to melee so the tank will never shoot because it wont splash itself right? In siege mode of course.

Yep
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Hey Skunk, thanks for the reply. Sadly the beta is not in my account =(. However, I am 100% that the beta is installed on my computer (on laptop now), it does the HOTS splashscreen and then goes to the login page. I am just wondering how it got there. I was excited at first, but now I am just sad and confused why its on my computer, like Blizzard is just teasing me... I can post screens once I get home.
I can't explain that. It is possible to install the beta without having a key by going directly to the download link, but presuming you didn't do that and nobody else uses your computers.. I dunno.

Did you use the Arcade beta? Maybe it is possible to update that to the HotS client; but I haven't heard of that being possible..
I didn't download it myself, but I did participate in the arcade beta. I am also the only one who uses my desktop. Thanks for the help. I was hoping that it actually meant something, but must be a side effect of having used the arcade.
Is the beta down for anyone else?

I suddenly cannot post with this account on the beta forums, and my beta account cannot log in, and I see there is a balance patch in the works on the beta forums... Should I just hang on, or do I need to contact Tech support?
Yes, they are patching. Should be quick. Did you see the new patch notes?
09/20/2012 02:19 PMPosted by TheSkunk
Yes, they are patching. Should be quick. Did you see the new patch notes?
Yeah :D

Kinda mind-boggling. Seems like Hellions in Battle-mode are going to be some tough SOBs with their weakness being Archons, which MIGHT prompt Terrans to use more Ghosts. But, then we might see Marine/tank/BH. I am surprised people are not using Widow Mines as Terrans used to use Spider Mines in Broodwar...
Question about Patch 3:

For the battle hellions, are they now just biological like marines, or biological and mechanical like SCV's?

On a side note, WOW! The MMM ball just got bigger!

They are both biological and mechanical, can be repaired and healed.

Only takes advantage of mech upgrades.
09/20/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Zamara
But, then we might see Marine/tank/BH.

Unlikely. Zealot-Archon-Immortal will pretty much slaughter that, just as it does now.

TvP is probably going to devolve back into what it is now, without the Warhound. Because nothing else is new. Widow mines are of pretty limited effectiveness unless the Protoss makes a MASSIVE Blunder, and past that, not a whole lot is new.

Skunk, what is the oracle classified as... Armored or light?
I have a question! :)
considering that now protoss has access to anti fungal/abduct unit and anti broodlord unit, do zergs have any reason to go hive in ZvP? ofc other than getting 3/3

thnx
Regarding TvZ, has anyone tried styles similar to the one I recommended earlier this year: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5837014930

And how has it been working out?
TheSkunk, you are such a nice person for answering all these peoples questions. Very nice of you indeed.

You good person.
I have a question! :)
considering that now protoss has access to anti fungal/abduct unit and anti broodlord unit, do zergs have any reason to go hive in ZvP? ofc other than getting 3/3

thnx

Yes, they definitely do. For one thing, Oracles are expensive, fragile, and hardish to use well and the anti-fungal\abduct doesn't last forever\cover all units so it is counterable, but secondly there are hive-level upgrades that are good apart from Vipers\Broodlords. Lastly, tempests aren't widely used enough to invalidate Broodlord tech.

The patch is recent enough though, I'm not exactly sure how phase shields will work out in lategame PvZ but no -- I don't think its going to invalidate hive tech from my experience.

09/20/2012 03:20 PMPosted by IndigO
Skunk, what is the oracle classified as... Armored or light?

Light\Mechanical\Psionic

Regarding TvZ, has anyone tried styles similar to the one I recommended earlier this year: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5837014930

And how has it been working out?

As a Protoss, I don't have a lot of TvZ experience. I've watched some streams, but you could do the same. Compositions similar to that have been catching on in WoL, and a lot of terrans are playing similar to WoL in HotS now; so I would not be surprised.

Sorry, I wish I could answer that one better -- but the T metagame (esp. vs zerg) is not my forte.

TheSkunk, you are such a nice person for answering all these peoples questions. Very nice of you indeed.

You good person.

thnx :)
cause im really worried that zergs end up to the same curse as terrans who are kinda forced to stay t1 and t2 to stay efficient/effective against others
Just got my invite in my email. Oddly, when I log in to Battle.net, I see two HotS Beta links. One is labelled SCII-1 and the other SCII-2. Is there a difference?