Starcraft 2 Crashes after Command Tabbing

Mac Technical Support
Post Limit:
Basically when I Command Tab (Alt+Tab) out of Starcraft II to go onto the internet etc when I tab back in Starcraft instantly crashes. When I command/Tab I have it go to windowed mode and then re-enter fullscreen again on command tab. This is very frustrating as my computer is a custom Mac here are the specs. Can anyone help?

I7- 3.4ghz
Radeon 6850
8 GB Corsair Blue RAM
Mac Lion 10.7.5
I am also running the most recent Starcraft patch

If more parts of the actual build matter just ask. Would really appreciate a fix for this thanks.
Anyone? Mods, admins?
Do you have a dual display setup on your Mac?

Also, please post full system specs, so we have the complete setup.

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)

Finally, does SC2 actually produce an error report to send, or what happens when the game actually crashes?
Starcraft does give me an error message to send to Blizzard.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.99 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com
SMC Version (system): 1.30f3
Hardware UUID: E3242515-357F-5681-AB6D-510E1EC8736B

ATI Radeon HD 6xxx:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 6xxx
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6739
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
SAMSUNG:
Resolution: 1344 x 756 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.2
Boot Volume: Hackintosh
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 5:46
Do you have a dual display setup on your Mac?

Also, please post full system specs, so we have the complete setup.

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)

Finally, does SC2 actually produce an error report to send, or what happens when the game actually crashes?

Also sorry for the late post, hope you see this.
i also have a Hackintosh and i can see that your graphics card is not displayed properly it should show 6850 not 6XXX i have the same card mine is a sapphire to get Starcraft to work properly make sure you are using GraphicsEnabler=Yes If you are using dual monitors this could cause a problem with that but to run sc2 properly u must be using GraphicsEnabler=Yes with that card
ALSO MacPro 3,1 System Definition causes a lot of problems with the 6850 causing it to not
come out of power save mode when you wake from sleep you should be using System Definition iMac 12,2
hope this helps if you have more q's pm me on tonymacx86 screen name TwiztidNinja
^^ This this.

We don't support these systems, but what Eric suggested is a good thing to try.
By any chance can you give me a copy of your plist? I also dont know how to change system definition.
DISCLAMER

Ok there is multiple plist the system deffinition is the smbios.plist in your extra folder the other plist is org.chameleon.Boot.plist also located in the extra folder

You do not have to edit smbios.plist you simply replace it with multi beast open multibeast and look threw the settings you will find something that says system deffinition select imac 12,2 run it and that part is done

now for the other part open up org.chameleon.Boot.plist with text edit and add

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

place that somewher inbetween

<dict>
</dict>

its exact location is not important you may already have an entry for it that says
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

if thats the case then just change the no to a yes
Also changeing to Graphics Enabler = Yes can change the way the card behaves so if the screen doesnt work when you boot up try a diffrent dvi / hdmi port
I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes :( and don't worry I understand about kexts. I won't break anything, it sucks because i had it recognized until I assume the recent apple patch.
what version of osx are you running
at the chimera boot screen type AtiConfig=Duckweed <~~~~~~case sensitive and let me know what happens if u get a black screen try this with your monitor plugged into diffrent ports on the graphics card if u get it to boot with this flag check to see if ur graphics card is properly detected

if it is then add

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>

place that somewher inbetween

<dict>
</dict>
in your boot plist
I am running Lion I originally had Bulrushes as my AtiConfig but I switched it to Lotus. I use HDMi and I thought Duckweed had issues running through HDMI?
I changed it to Duckweed and it is stuck on the white Apple logo screen with the pinwheel consistently spinning.
Now my computer is stuck on the Apple logo in an infinite pinwheel loop even after trying GraphicsEnabler=No and AtiConfig=Lotus (my old one). Help please ._.
Thats why you are haveing problems with star craft

Lotus, Pithecia, Bulrushes are the only frame buffers with working hdmi and all of these frame buffers cause issues with qe ci performance

Duckweed is the only one that will give you full acceleration but it only works with dvi

Also if ur stuck boot with unibeast and undo the changes you made you shouldnt have edited the plist until you made sure it worked threw boot flags like i stated
also u could try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x it might boot so u can undo changes real fast

but telling it that GraphicsEnabler=No and then telling it to load a framebuffer is kind of an oxymoron
I just tried them in general after resetting, I have to repair the disc. No biggy just run the installer however until the recent patch for Starcraft/Mac Lion 10.7.5(4)? I had 0 issues with starcraft or having my card recognized.