World's End

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
Seth started to wander down the mountain in which he was situated. Putting on a cloak, and draping the hood over his head would prevent people from recognizing him at a distance. After a few minutes of hiking, he got onto the main road. He thought to himself as he walked, "It's so peaceful, But this can't continue. The land seems to cry for blood. A war is coming." From the mountain, he had seen a raid on a village. He was close enough to see it, but too far away to help.
He walked into the ashes of the village that was most recently raided. A band of Beastmen did it. Flayed corpses, were lying abundantly on the town square, their blood seeping into the earth. A child's body clung to its mother. Husband to wife, brother to brother.
Nothing was left.
Seth, piled them together, and burned them. He murmured to himself, "Be free, live a good life in the world after."
The smoke rose into the sky, marking a dark grey, almost black gravestone for the villagers. One that would vanish in the breeze, but it was a grave none the less.Seth turned around and walked away.
The sight of a destroyed village was nothing new to him.
His eyes teared up, but he refused to cry.
He turned around and looked back. "Damn it" he thought, "I promised"
The tears rolled down, his cheeks, and dripped onto the ground.
I looked from top of a hill, looking over the capital city of humans. A view so vast and wide that I could turn to see the borders of the Beastmen lands. It's still a shame, with no doubt, neighbors fight over differences. Maybe one day we can learn to at least not draw swords at each others throats.

I sat back down, resting on the grass that still had a deep green to them. I pick one of them, comparing its color to the ones that have became more common these days. Still full of life, even with the air of death lingering.

I sat there, enjoying it as much as I could. When the sun reached the center of the sky, I reluctantly got up. I looked back at the hill before heading towards the city, a place whose attitude didn't quite match what people said.
IC:
turning back to face the courtyard I see one of the beastmen had keeled over and was now laying on the ground, quite possibly dead. Looking closer I realized that he was actually a she and that she looks to be half-starved and beaten. Leather creaked as my hands tightened to fists.
..demonstrate our superiority? ..and send them a message? By doing what? Killing and beating their women?! "Come and bow down before me! So I can chop all your heads off!!!" By the gods, this man must be out of his mind! The only message he's sending is that of a ruthless tyrant!
I fly to the top of one of the pillars and meditate. As the sun starts to set I change the area back to normal and fly towards the balcony of my dorm. I fold my wings and walk in. I lie down on the bed and drift to sleep.

Kaitlyn and Nolan head back to their dorm. Kaitlyn sits on one of the beds. "So what do you think is going on at home?"

"I can't even imagine. From the reports I've heard, not well. Another fringe village was destroyed." Nolan replies.

"Yeah, I know." Kaitlyn sighs. "I hope they don't attack home."

"Me too."

Dora walks back to an alleyway. Another person had followed her. He was set on fire as he turned the corner and burned away until there was only bone. Dora smiled as if it were the most pleasant feeling she ever could feel.

Lisora flies from the town to the nearest settlement of Beastmen. She was going to help them, not the humans. Not after the injustice she had just witnessed.
I fly to the top of one of the pillars and meditate. As the sun starts to set I change the area back to normal and fly towards the balcony of my dorm. I fold my wings and walk in. I lie down on the bed and drift to sleep.

Kaitlyn and Nolan head back to their dorm. Kaitlyn sits on one of the beds. "So what do you think is going on at home?"

"I can't even imagine. From the reports I've heard, not well. Another fringe village was destroyed." Nolan replies.

"Yeah, I know." Kaitlyn sighs. "I hope they don't attack home."

"Me too."

Dora walks back to an alleyway. Another person had followed her. He was set on fire as he turned the corner and burned away until there was only bone. Dora smiled as if it were the most pleasant feeling she ever could feel.

Lisora flies from the town to the nearest settlement of Beastmen. She was going to help them, not the humans. Not after the injustice she had just witnessed.

As Seth walked out of the Forest, he spotted a Winged person flying overhead. He called out overhead, "Hello! Could I speak to you for a second?"

(You don't notice the ashcloud coming from the Funeral pyre?)
Lisora notices the human and lands, her Spathas poised to attack. "What is it you want?"
From Fawwer:

One and a half moons ago was the first time a Tosk set foot on human territory. A moon ago was the first time a Tosk killed a human on human territory. A birthing moon ago was the first time we destroyed a village. I lounged in the sunlight with my fellow Tosk, soaking up the afternoon sunlight when Opiuchus sat up straight.

"I hear something." With that, we began to follow the novice tracker. (Going towards Shadowfury & Fantasy)
Seth said, "Please, I am not here to fight. But I noticed that you came from the capital. Did something happen? I haven't been in a city in a while."

Hearing a rustling in the forest, Seth whirls around drawing his bow. When he saw the beastman coming out of the woods, roughly twenty paces away, he lowered his weapon, the bow string slacked, dropping his hands to his side, he held the bow in one hand and the arrow in the other.
He murmured, "Not a predator. It's fine"
"Yes. Your kind is ruthlessly killing innocents that had nothing to do with this war."
Finishing the last of the reports, Kyle stretches then heads back out. As a captain, he had an obligation to see at least the tail end of the executions, despite his disagreement with it. Ryan followed, still toying with ideas in his head. It didn't take long to reach the observation deck of the keep. One of the beastmen appeared to have died from dehydration and malnutrition. "This is really despicable." Ryan glances down and nods.

"It is. But what can we do? He's the King and he has a point. We didn't do anything to start this." Kyle sighs. He hated knowing the truth behind this whole thing. The Beastmen had started it, but many of them had lived peacefully with humans for 3 years, and weren't a threat. This would incite war, that was certain.
"War? I haven't seen a thing. With whom are we fighting? Your kind? Beastmen? Krynar?
I live alongside the border. The only thing I have seen are the raids that occur every now and then. See that pillar of smoke? That was from a funeral pyre, after a raid. If there was war, there would be far more of them. "
Seth kept both Lisora and the Beastman within his peripheral vision.
Kie barreled his way through the guards. "I'm sorry if I had to. But I'm going to take the ones that are already dead out of here...ok!?" Without waiting for a response he picked me up and slung me over his shoulder and he dragged the decapitated one with him.

The dreams were vivid and I thought they were cruel and bloody. The night sky burning up with a red fire while the blood of the innocent littered the fields. Good thing this wasn't real.

Kie barreled his way through the crowd again while the passerby's tried to tear at the one on his shoulders. "BACK OFF!"
I spotted Kie trying to get rid of the bodies, but the crowd was in a frenzy. I'd fix that. "Hey!" The crowd looked at me, noticed my insignia, then at Kie, finally noticing his. They almost immediately backed off. "Hurry that up, Kie, we don't have all day." Ryan laughed. He loved how the Hell's Raisers insignia could cause such instant order.
Without a second glance Kie picked up his speed and went up the stairs with the bodies and dropped them right next to Kyle. "Thanks..."

The world was starting to come back...slowly but I still seemed dead. I wonder when I will wake up? My body was in rags, my lips parched and they could see my bones beneath the clothes that are now rag like.
"Anytime, but..." Kyle notices the one body was still stirring. He leans in closer to Kie and whispers, "She's still alive, watch how she moves, It's subtle, but there. Get her out of here, and take the headless one for looks."
"The humans and beastmen. Your kind is executing innocents." Lisoria says.

Dora follows behind Kie in transparency. She whispers into his ear, "That one's still alive, can I kill her?"
He nods and picks them back up. "Where do you want me to take her?" Still watching around for anyone that could be listening or seeing this. "What a tragic thing to happen to this poor creature." As he picked me back up and grabbed the headless one by the scruff.
"Out of sight. If the crowd finds out, we'll have a riot on our hands." I'd rested a hand on the sword on my waist. Ryan had a flame dancing on his finger tips, seemingly not paying attention. "Hurry."
"The humans and beastmen. Your kind is executing innocents." Lisoria says.

Dora follows behind Kie in transparency. She whispers into his ear, "That one's still alive, can I kill her?"

Seth reaches out one of his hands, "Then I have somewhere to show you."
He walked further into the woods and showed the remains of the ruined village. Bones from the funeral pyre were slowly being turned to ash, but were still visible. Blood was on the ground.
"Were these people innocent? While executing innocents is wrong, what about this. Neither side is right. There is no justice in the king, but I doubt there is much in the Beastmen either." He turned around and said to the one following him, "Beastman, are you going to kill me?"
He did as was told and started to head off. "Kyle...I think it might be best if we stick her in one of our quarters. So I'm going to stick her in mine since all Hell Raiser's have private rooms." He headed towards his own quarter and opened the door, dropping the dead one before he went inside.

Making sure there was no one in there he put me on the bed and took the rag like clothes off of my body and put new ones on. They were to big for me but they were better than what I was wearing. Making sure I was safe he made his way to Kyle. "I placed her in my room, were going to need to keep it a secret, even among the maids and servants shouldn't know about this."