World's End II

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
10/13/2012 06:24 AMPosted by Fantasy
There are huge energy crystals, which are charged with tremendous amounts of energy. Millions of them are in the temple. Some float in the air, and are the most pure of all the crystals in the world.

Millions of huge energy crystals? Do you know how much is millions of something? With that amount, that is an absurdly abnormal amount of energy concentrated at a ridiculously small amount of space. To fit that number of crystals given their "huge" size, this temple needs to be very, very large. It is an hyperbole when you wrote that?

I would change it to this. There are a certain number of these crystals inside the temple which powers and sustains the temple. They are pure and they can be destroyed. If all of them are destroyed, the temple collapses along with its secrets.

10/13/2012 06:24 AMPosted by Fantasy
Are the four sister the four weapons? If so... Seth already has one!

That's a name I gave because I didn't know if you already had a name for them as a set. You like?

The enchantments within the temple allows ghosts to stay, not particularly the blood. And I said it was the Nobles of the Town of Crimonsea, but they were all slaughtered by a particularly violent king while the people were protesting. Only one noble(A child visiting the Temple, during an event which the king called all the Nobles to a courtyard), was still alive, and Seth, the Knight that was accompanying her. As a result, Seth became one of the Guides to the Temple. So everyone in Crimonsea knew of the temple, but they were all killed, except those taken to swear an oath of loyalty, and serve in the kings army. But they aren't really willing to talk, as most detest the king.

If I understand this, Seth and Minerva are guides and this violent king who is presumably Soloman slaughtered all the nobles in Crimsonsea which means everyone else who still lives in Crimsonsea hates the violent king and they have still have knowledge of the place? I thought only a select few actually understand the temple.
I held the amulet tight against me like always, it was the only thing comforting me right now.
"Don't worry about it my Lady." I whisper. "He doesn't hate you."
I don't even look back at her. "I know...I'm only a child so of course I don't know anything."
"You will learn in time."
///Seith///

Upon entering the Temple and traveling a short ways in, a spirit of some kind appears in front of me. I immediately raise my weapon to impale this thing if needed, though it does not seem immediately aggressive. The spirit stops where it is and speaks.

"Please, sheath your swords. This is not a place of combat. Don't lead all of these people to the sanctuary. Some of them would cause problems. Take one, or two representatives. No more."

A few people from the rest of the group begin to do as the creature says, but I signal for them to stop. "No. We do not know what this apparition is or its intent. As leader of this group, I am ordering you yo keep your weapons drawn."

Everyone obeys me, though some more readily than others.

I turn back to the spirit, which was still waiting there in front of me. "So, what are you, and under what authority can you order me to sheath my weapon?"
Millions of huge energy crystals? Do you know how much is millions of something? With that amount, that is an absurdly abnormal amount of energy concentrated at a ridiculously small amount of space. To fit that number of crystals given their "huge" size, this temple needs to be very, very large. It is an hyperbole when you wrote that?

I would change it to this. There are a certain number of these crystals inside the temple which powers and sustains the temple. They are pure and they can be destroyed. If all of them are destroyed, the temple collapses along with its secrets.

Huge is relative. But yes it was a hyperbole.
There are many Huge Energy crystals, and lots of smaller, and tiny ones scattered through the passages.
One of the huge crystals is the ceiling of the entire freaking sanctuary, and absorbs energy from light from the other side of the mountain. some of the smaller float, and drift slowly though the temple.

If it collapses due to the destruction of the crystals, the temple gets to produce energy crystals then, is that fair? Or the tunnels have minute crystals imbedded in all the walls.

A minute few did know the of the Temple. But the majority was killed, and only the soldiers, were sent to fight for Solomen. So basically, the survivors, of the attack were the armed forces that surrendered.
Besides it was a secret, and as they have a reverance to the temple, no one is spilling any information any time soon.

I liked the name, but... Three of the four were weilded by males. Does the name still work?

IC
Seth said "I am the guide to this Temple, I am the Temple's voice to the living, and the doubtful. Please sheath your weapons before the Guardians get aggravated "
(Seth is wearing a mask, but he is still human. And the bring two people was directed only to seth. Your characters wouldn't hear him.)
I sigh. "I guess...I don't think that I will ever be suited for this."
"Suited to what?"
Kyle nods, already focused on keeping the battle lines supplied and focused. "I'll let the men know."
"Suited for the royal life, I will never be able to amount to anything."
-
Isobelle put the hood back over her face and the Journal and inkwell back up. Standing up she grabbed the staff and started to use it to help her aid in walking.
"Lady, it is your duty isn't it?"

"We're here." I smell humans nearby. "!!! Svelena!"

"Humans!? Here?"
I was startled by what I heard but I continued. "It is my duty. But I'm afraid that I'll get everything wrong and bring dishonor to my entire family."
IC
Seth said "I am the guide to this Temple, I am the Temple's voice to the living, and the doubtful. Please sheath your weapons before the Guardians get aggravated "
(Seth is wearing a mask, but he is still human. And the bring two people was directed only to seth. Your characters wouldn't hear him.)
OOC: This guy is Neutral Evil, by the way.

///Seith///

I speak to the apparition, raising my voice a bit at what I perceive as a threat.

"Before the Guardians get aggravated? What's that supposed to mean, are you actually threatening me?"

A few of the other group members again move to comply with the thing's request, but again I stop them with a gesture of my hand.
IC
OOC: This guy is Neutral Evil, by the way.

///Seith///

I speak to the apparition, raising my voice a bit at what I perceive as a threat.

"Before the Guardians get aggravated? What's that supposed to mean, are you actually threatening me?"

A few of the other group members again move to comply with the thing's request, but again I stop them with a gesture of my hand.

Seth is actually there though...
"Please,do so. Violence has no place here. Sheath your weapons!"
The statues started to shift, and march forward. Animated with an aura of blue energy. Their stone and iron hands, grasping their weapons.
"Let's go see what''s going on."

"What?!"

"I'm curious. Besides, the statues will back us up if there is trouble." I move up towards the men at the entrance. The celestial in the front sees me.

The warriors and I exchange looks of worry. Fas'na moves up after Rod'nac. I gesture towards the others and we move up as well.
I try to get in the back of the group. "We should just walk past them, it saves an unneeded conflict."
I pass another Sylt'ar and just keep moving past her. I fill myself with supernatural stamina and strength and rocket off to a nearby human village.

Lisora notices me but pays no concern to it.
///Seith///

I scowl at the spirit. "You are threatening me," I say, raising my weapon at one of the statues and preparing to kill it. The spirit probably couldn't do anything, and I probably couldn't do anything to it either.

Seeing the statues moving towards us, four of the group falter, including Sel Rayis and Kand Uris, lowering their weapons before slowly backing up. Cowards. The rest stay with me, also readying their weapons. I have command authority by default when Synthis, Cerius, or Miranda are not present, and so have the ability to command the standard Constructs. I signal the five Constructs forward, and they move into a defending position just in front of us.

"We have out own guardians, spirit! You can no more threaten us than you can a castle!"
"Perhaps, you are new here. This is a place of knowledge and learning. A place of heroes. Would you defile this place?"