World's End II

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
///Seith///

I turn towards the speaker, a Beastman. "What are you talking about? Who are you and what do you want with me?", I say, keeping one end of my dual bladed sword pointed at him, and the other back at the spirit.
"I am Rod'nac. As long as you don't threaten the guardians, they won't attack you. As you can see, we got in and out just fine, so why do you feel the need to cause trouble?"
///Seith///

"The guardians, whatever they are, threatened me first. Also, I did not feel any need to comply with the orders of a ghost who I do not know."
"You came armed with weapons and statues inhabited by spirits. They are the ones who feel threatened. Strange, I've never seen such a design. Surprised? I can recognize the work of magic."
10/13/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Thecommander
"You came armed with weapons and statues inhabited by spirits. They are the ones who feel threatened. Strange, I've never seen such a design. Surprised? I can recognize the work of magic. You are a celestial are you not?"
OOC: Wrong character. This guy is a just a high ranking swordsman who has been given command while in the temple. Synthis, my main character, is the celestial, and he absolutely would not go in there himself unless absolutely necessary or if it had already been proven safe.
10/13/2012 07:08 PMPosted by smylez
Well, it seems I didn't need your help after all but I know an asset when I see one. Would you like a permanent job as an assassin? I think the military life will suit you.

"I could use the employment, but I do not wish a place in the command structure of the army."
I don't like being a link in a chain. Much simpler just to have one employer.

I consider the celestial's "demise".
I don't like it one bit. It could be in the crystal waiting for the correct time to strike. Expect the unexpected where magic is concerned and you will live a lot longer. Guess I just have to stay alert.
///Seith///

I scowl at the spirit. "You are threatening me," I say, raising my weapon at one of the statues and preparing to kill it. The spirit probably couldn't do anything, and I probably couldn't do anything to it either.

Seeing the statues moving towards us, four of the group falter, including Sel Rayis and Kand Uris, lowering their weapons before slowly backing up. Cowards. The rest stay with me, also readying their weapons. I have command authority by default when Synthis, Cerius, or Miranda are not present, and so have the ability to command the standard Constructs. I signal the five Constructs forward, and they move into a defending position just in front of us.

"We have out own guardians, spirit! You can no more threaten us than you can a castle!"

A great gust of wind came from within the temple. All the magic, all the energy within the machines, was instantly sucked out of all of the constructs and absorbed into the temple. Now lifeless husks of material, the constructs fall on the ground.
"Within this Temple, All magic is under the Temple's control. Threatening magic is eliminated. Your guardians are worthless trash here. I will take two of you, to the center, no one else. I swear that as long as you do not damage anyone within it, or attack the temple itself, that you will be safe"
I was scared of what might happen, the people mean it in my eyes. "Please Rod'nac, let's just go already. Let them deal with it on their own, it's not our fight."
-
Isobelle walked carefully out of the town hall, she was searching for a tent. She was wondering why such a thing had to happen.
I sat on tree outside the temple, flipping through the pages of my new found tome. Leaving the temple itself was easy, as the spells were created to keep things out, not contain non-hostile visitors in.

The pages were old, but they still had the qualities of fresh ones. Perhaps there was a spell to keep if from being destroyed by the hands of time. After examining it, I shut the book close, placing it into my satchel.

I look to my map, seeing the several notes I had made on it. My next destination was a far one: a large sea port. Usually, that's where people go to so they can get various pearls and fish. But for me, I needed a ship.
A great gust of wind came from within the temple. All the magic, all the energy within the machines, was instantly sucked out of all of the constructs and absorbed into the temple. Now lifeless husks of material, the constructs fall on the ground.

OOC: Wait Fantasy, do we have to debate that one? I think spirits of the dead run those... Whatever, I'll let Owlfeathers figure it out.

IC: "Look beyond, Lady Simiras. There are more of them."

"You can smell more of them around here. It isn't wise to just leave the safety of the temple."
I didn't care what Rod'nac and them said at this moment. "But if we leave now and sneak past them, then we could just sneak by them without worrying about being involved."
"Svelena, what do you hear?"

"Propellers. Lots of them. We're surrounded by airships."

"Damn it! We can't leave."

"Sir, what's going on?"

"We have to wait here. Be brave Lady Simiras. We will protect you."
"I'm not scared, I just want to leave." I was looking at what seemed to be machines. "And they can't do anything to us without being attacked, remember?"
"If we are in the temple. When we leave though..."
I sighed. "If that's the case, we might as well go back to the garden and wait."
"Probably the best idea. Fas'na, go with her while we figure this out."

"Yes sir."
Fas'na followed me back to the garden. "Why did you do it? The halberd I mean, even though you could have died for something so stupid?"
"Lady Simiras, what a silly thing to ask. It was for him of course."
"But why did you do it? Endangering your life for...what reason? Why did you do it...why did you almost sacrifice yourself over a weapon?"
"To help our people. I'm useless the way I am now. Just another soldier out of thousands. I barely passed training. I want to help people. I want to help him."