World's End II

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
"What is this temple for?" I ask. I inspect closer and see that the statues were actually physically destroyed. Confusion crosses my face.

Lisora watches over the camp.
"What is this temple for?" I ask. I inspect closer and see that the statues were actually physically destroyed. Confusion crosses my face.

Lisora watches over the camp.

Seth still with the mask on, said
"A shrine, a place of refuge until the successors arrive. And then it will act as a shield, and a bulwark against destruction. A sacred place of knowledge and the history of this land, as well as a phenomenon of magic."

He watched the Mage examine the only statue within the mage's sight. "Battle scars. Ugly are they not?"
"Yes. Yes they are." I turn my attention back to the human. "May I enter?"
Cross kept walking as Kyle, Ryan and Kie followed him. Kyle was getting more nervous by the second. Even Ryan was on edge, keeping a hand on Ragnarok and watching the ever shifting shadows.
10/09/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
sniper rifles that accelerate projectiles using electromagnets.

OOC: Sniper rifles? Electromagnets? I just had to do some research on this. The electromagnet was invented in 1824 by British scientist William Sturgeon. "Danish scientist Hans Christian Ørsted discovered in 1820 that electric currents create magnetic fields." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnet) Sniper rifles were used in the Civil War by the Confederates. The war was in 1861-1865. "In the American Civil War, Confederate troops equipped with barrel-length three power scopes mounted on the exceptionally accurate British Whitworth rifle had been known to kill Union officers at ranges of about 800 yards (731.5m), an unheard-of distance at that time." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper_rifles#History) The coilgun wasn't designed until 1934. "In 1934 an American inventor developed a machine gun similar in concept to the coilgun. Except for a photo in a few publications, very little is known about it." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coilgun)

You sure we're not pushing technology here, before we go any further? Just saying. I know this is fantasy, but I like to keep things realistic. Though, in our fairness, magic and airships exist. Though, I don't know what time period the weaponry would be based around. I suppose the sniper rifles and electromagnets are possible since we are talking Civil War like guns and tech, but the coilgun is really pushing it.
OOC: After to seeing this, can we have some sort of event occur that it starts a Magical Industrial Revolution? I got this idea from Lost Odyssey (which is an amazing game), which has robots, guns, etc. that runs on magic. Maybe we could have something like that after a point in the story where technology has advanced?
sniper rifles that accelerate projectiles using electromagnets.

OOC: Sniper rifles? Electromagnets? I just had to do some research on this. The electromagnet was invented in 1824 by British scientist William Sturgeon. "Danish scientist Hans Christian Ørsted discovered in 1820 that electric currents create magnetic fields." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnet) Sniper rifles were used in the Civil War by the Confederates. The war was in 1861-1865. "In the American Civil War, Confederate troops equipped with barrel-length three power scopes mounted on the exceptionally accurate British Whitworth rifle had been known to kill Union officers at ranges of about 800 yards (731.5m), an unheard-of distance at that time." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper_rifles#History) The coilgun wasn't designed until 1934. "In 1934 an American inventor developed a machine gun similar in concept to the coilgun. Except for a photo in a few publications, very little is known about it." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coilgun)

You sure we're not pushing technology here, before we go any further? Just saying. I know this is fantasy, but I like to keep things realistic. Though, in our fairness, magic and airships exist. Though, I don't know what time period the weaponry would be based around. I suppose the sniper rifles and electromagnets are possible since we are talking Civil War like guns and tech, but the coilgun is really pushing it.
Noted, but the timelines don't match up with that of Earth anyways. After all, we evidently have airships, but no shotguns? I mean, when airships were invented, one theorized use for them was as carriers for fixed wing aircraft, which don't seem to exist right now. The timeline is all twisted up anyways, so I'm pretty much just going with "whatever you can build at that level of technology", regardless of when it was invented. After all, if someone discovered E=MC^2, would Einstein appear and say "No, you can't discover that, because I have to in the future"? No, because he's not even from the same universe. Also, I get the feeling that research into technology involving electricity would go a lot faster when you have lightning spells around.

10/10/2012 03:17 AMPosted by Naitsrich
OOC: After to seeing this, can we have some sort of event occur that it starts a Magical Industrial Revolution? I got this idea from Lost Odyssey (which is an amazing game), which has robots, guns, etc. that runs on magic. Maybe we could have something like that after a point in the story where technology has advanced?
That was sort of the idea with Cerius, he pretty much just combines magic and technology to create things that really wouldn't have been possible without both of them. For example, the Constructs. We don't have technology to build a robot and automate it in this RP, so he used a weak Celestial spirit inside a mechanical shell to achieve a similar effect. Still, I'll try not to go too overboard and explain everything with magic, I'm only going to use things that actually would be able to logically work.
(Okay, think I got caught up now.)

Malata cautiously placed her hand on Simiras's shoulder. Experience had long taught her that magical artifacts were dangerous to work with, especially when you weren't the one to make it.

"Simiras?"

She frowned when she received no response. Swallowing slightly, she closed her eyes and focused her thoughts, searching for the bright flame of the girl's mind.

Simiras?
My body was cold while I was in my mind wandering it, I heard Malata's voice. What do you want!? I may have seen terrible visions but they can't be true, they can't be!
Malata frowned. The girl felt like she was freezing, and shock was reverberating through her thoughts.

Simiras, what did you see?

Memories flashed, causing Malata to suck in a sharp breath. "Oh, dear." She thought for a moment.

Simiras, visions of the future are terrible things. Mostly because they only provide us a look at that exact moment. We don't know how we arrive at that moment, or what drives us to those actions. Visions of the future are always open to interpretation.

Gently, she pulled the girl into a hug, stroking her fur soothingly. "It's okay, it's okay."
I woke back up, tears in my eyes as it was getting in my fur. "I just don't want it to be real!" I hugged tighter and didn't let go, even in the presence of the two Beastmen. "It wont come true, don't tell them what you saw please."
Malata gently held the girl to her chest, just slightly shaking her head at the questioning looks of the others. "The only path we can make is forward, little one. What will happen, will happen. It does no good to worry otherwise."

(Kay, I think we're gonna need to move along here. It feels like this is starting to stall.)
10/09/2012 09:25 PMPosted by ShadowFury
"Yes. Yes they are." I turn my attention back to the human. "May I enter?"

Seth smiled under the silver mask, "Everyone can enter, whether they can find the sanctuary in the maze of passages, and get back out is what is uncertain."

Seth thought, "The temple's guardian didn't inform me of another Mage. Hmm, I should let the temple decide if she is worthy. Now simply to wait for the seeker of knowledge."
(I posted a description, so Remember that.)
I look up to the sky, seeing the sun rising.

"Ah..... We're going to need to head out. Outlaws operate at this time of day."
Are you going to enter the temple or not Nait?
Or are you just going now?
OOC: We're just heading there now (hopefully). I didn't know if everyone's characters wanted to come with me.
Soon enough, Cross stopped, and beckoned to a door way. Kyle wasn't too eager to go in, but in he and Ryan went, followed closely by Kie. The door was closed and the lights came on, and they found themselves surrounded by bound Resistance members and members from a rival regiment, Heaven's Light. Their Captain just snorted, holding his family's spear, a glorified magic enhanced weapon, nothing like Ragnarok or the blades of Rylos., and looks at the three Hell Raisers. Where's the fourth man?" Nothing like Ragnarok or the blades of Rylos. Scuffling can be heard outside as Cross knocks out the men who try to catch him then he is heard running. Kyle just snorts in return.

"I had this, John." He just leads his men and the prisoners out the door before coming back in to face Kyle.

"Your blades are forbidden to be used." John stated it matter of factly. Kyle laughed.

"That's not true and you know it. You're just jealous. And before you say anything else, we're leaving." Kyle leads Ryan and Kie back towards the keep, leaving John to fume.

"I'm not done with you, Kyle Wester. Remember that!" Kyle sighs and just keeps walking.
Kie was following closely, sword drawn. "Kyle what the hell was that about?"
-
I nod my head in agreement. "Let's check this ruin out, I want to see what's so important that belongs to me in there."
Kyle sighs. "John just doesn't like us. Feels Hell Raisers are ineffective at their job. However, we've lead every charge up to now, and hopefully that won't change. As for that bit about my swords, he's just jealous." Ryan had remade the sphere and was making it into various shapes as we walked. "But the bust...someone tipped them off, or they wouldn't have been there. I have a feeling Cross will be returning for another visit soon though."
Malata smiled. "You've aroused my curiosity as well. Ruins tend to have many fascinating things hidden in them." She looked ruefully at her injured wing, which was still throbbing. "You mentioned, Azon Droga, that you could heal me. That would be very kind of you." She carefully extended the wing, wincing as sharp pain stabbed through the appendage and along her back.