From Order Comes Chaos RP II

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Torvus sighed. "Different energy. I can't feel psionic energy I'm sure you're emitting right now. And while the spark was a nice trick," he shoots a plume of Force Flame into the air, "it still wasn't right. Now, I can only think of two ways to get you to come clean. One, see how strong your mind is, or two, a test of skill. I have a training field for me alone as I need to practice a different set of moves, but it's rather lonely. Since I'm sure you could resist a mind trick, why not the second? I've nothing better to do right now anyways."
Cain shrugged.
He stood up and started to walk towards the training ground.
As he turned around to Face Torvus, he asked "I don't particularly care, but let me ask you one question... What do I gain out of this battle?"
"Perhaps an insight as to who just the ranks of an elite mercenary group, and an ally. I don't view this as a battle, I view this as a sparring session. I'll refrain from use of this." He tabs the hilt of the lightsaber.

OOC: I know he gained the abilities fair and square in Z&Z, but sometimes it feels weird typing that out of my Star Wars RPs.
Cain laughed and said "I am just a guard, not really what you would call a normal member. Ready or not...."
His left leg charged with energy, dark and as red as blood.
"Here I come."
A blast of energy caused the entire room to pressurize and make movement incredibly difficult. At the same time, the energy of Cain's core flooded his muscles causing him to move at an insane speed.
His foot, a blur, smashed into Torvus's face.
Torvus ducks the blow, blasting Cain back with a Force Push. "I have augmentations of my own, my friend. Don't assume you have an edge just yet." He prepares for the next blow, enhancing his own body with the Force. "Now, that was the energy I was talking about."
<Fantasy>
Name: Cain Light {Terran?}
Watcher/Infiltrator
Abilities: Angel's soul, Art of the Lifegiver, Dominating pressure, Advanced cloak, Computer hack, Thermal vision, Toxic injection, Silent footsteps,
Armament: Snare rifle, Silencer's pistol, Stun grenade, Silencer's combat knife, EMP/Stun Grenade, Smoke grenade

Only that was Angel's soul, not Lifegiver....
But whatever.
As the strike threatened to push him back, Cain created a barrier in a U shape that reflected the force push.
In the split second Torvus was distracted, Cain used a quick kick to Torvus's left knee
Torvus caught the kick on his left leg and forced it back, throwing a punch for Cain's gut. "You're quick. Haven't faced someone like that in a long time."

OOC: Hmmmm....I may need to find that post in the pre RP again cause I forgot the difference.
Torvus caught the kick on his left leg and forced it back, throwing a punch for Cain's gut. "You're quick. Haven't faced someone like that in a long time."

OOC: Hmmmm....I may need to find that post in the pre RP again cause I forgot the difference.

Cain caught the punch with his left hand, and grabbed it with his right. With a swift motion, he threw him against the wall. During the impact, Cain followed it up with a direct punch towards Torvus's Temple.
Torvus kicked off the wall, flipping over Cain and kicking at his back.
10/25/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Zarkun
Torvus kicked off the wall, flipping over Cain and kicking at his back.

As Torvus attempted to flip over Cain, he impacted an invisible barrier Cain had created.
With a smile, he drew back his fist. Torvus had nowhere to run, as soon as he impacted the barrier, four walls surrounded him. Including the original wall, there was five walls forming a cube missing one wall. In the end there was one opening. The one Cain was striking into.
Dark red energy laced around his fingers, and coiled around his hands.
"Take this"
Lifting up his left hand, a blast of energy, pulsated out of his body and smashed into the assassin. It ripped through the armor he wore. A shockwave from the blast smashed the man into the wall. Cain lifted up his hand again, another round of energy was wrapping around his body.
The clone vanished and Torvus round housed Cain into the wall to the left. "Overconfidence. Rather unbecoming in someone with your ability." He follows the kick up with a torrent of lightening.
10/25/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Zarkun
The clone vanished and Torvus round housed Cain into the wall to the left. "Overconfidence. Rather unbecoming in someone with your ability." He follows the kick up with a torrent of lightening.

Leaning back, Cain managed to dodge the roundhouse. His only response was to look bored.
A barrier of energy emerged from the floor and wrapped around Torvus's Ankle, preventing him from dodging.
With a single kick, he shattered Torvus's tibia.

The lightning impacted Cain, but not after the damage was done. Cain stood back up and brushed off his guard's uniform. His left arm was slightly cooked.
The clone vanishes again and Torvus steps out of the shadows. "Well, perhaps overconfidence is a poor choice of words. However, I now know where to strike." A quick flare of light effectively blinded Cain and Torvus struck his gut, kicking him into wall behind him. "Never underestimate a master assassin."
Cain's eyes glowed a dull red. His eyes no longer saw light, but rather the life within the objects surrounding him. The tiny flecks of light from the bacteria in the room, and the burning aura of Torvus. And he also saw the voids where the clones were. Cain waited for Torvus, waited for him to attack.

The clone vanishes again and Torvus steps out of the shadows. "Well, perhaps overconfidence is a poor choice of words. However, I now know where to strike." A quick flare of light effectively blinded Cain and Torvus struck his gut, kicking him into wall behind him. "Never underestimate a master assassin."

Wait for it...
Cain thought.
As the strike moved closer and closer, Cain vanished and appeared behind the real Torvus.
"Too slow"
Cain punched him in the temple, Torvus was floored by the hit.
Torvus simply rolled up and landed on his feet, a torrent of flame igniting the air. "Your eyes are still a weakness. Your body revealed that much." He comes around, moving at inhuman speed himself, and lands a blow on the side of Cain's head, sending him sprawling. He then lowers his guard outwardly, but remaining prepared inwardly. "Enough,you've satisfied my curiosity. Now then, you tell me the origin of your powers, and I'll tell you mine."

OOC: It took me a second to connect Wait for it and Cain thought XD
Torvus simply rolled up and landed on his feet, a torrent of flame igniting the air. "Your eyes are still a weakness. Your body revealed that much." He comes around, moving at inhuman speed himself, and lands a blow on the side of Cain's head, sending him sprawling. He then lowers his guard outwardly, but remaining prepared inwardly. "Enough,you've satisfied my curiosity. Now then, you tell me the origin of your powers, and I'll tell you mine."

OOC: It took me a second to connect Wait for it and Cain thought XD

Before Torvus struck punched anyone in the temple, before he could even talk, Cain turned his head towards Torvus. He said "Freeze."
Cain thought, "During the impact of my fist, I transferred, and copied his energy. So I can control a limited amount of power within his body. This is the obvious solution."
The muscles allowing Torvus's legs to move froze in place and locked up.
Leaping back to his feet, Cain said "Lets make this fight end with a bang."
A ball of energy charged up within his hand, and he started to rush forward. Dodging a strike, Cain placed the ball on Torvus's chest. It exploded, in a rush of red energy.
Naturally, based on the previous record of attacks, neither side was injured.
Cain looked down and said "See you later."
He turned around and started to walk away.
OK, I call BS on that. Small amount is not enough to freeze an entire body. Maybe a leg or an arm, but not a body. I've refrained from calling you out previously, but that's way to freaking far.
10/25/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Zarkun
OK, I call BS on that. Small amount is not enough to freeze an entire body. Maybe a leg or an arm, but not a body. I've refrained from calling you out previously, but that's way to freaking far.

And dodging every single attack by using clones is fair?
Assassin's use smoke and mirrors all the time. I'm trying to be somewhat accurate with his profession this time. All the other RPs he's in call for a straightforward approach.
10/25/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Zarkun
Assassin's use smoke and mirrors all the time. I'm trying to be somewhat accurate with his profession this time. All the other RPs he's in call for a straightforward approach.

And using energy to block neurotransmitters from running down the spinal cord is also possible. But its not like Cain used that much energy. All he did was stop you from running away. IE Torvus's legs.

10/25/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Fantasy
He turned around and started to walk away.