Buy HotS @ Gamestop

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
werd. went to gamestop and put $5 on a pre-order and the beta key was on my receipt. the reps weren't sure about the key and just said well hey, if you buy it and the key is one their, score. if not, we can cancel your pre-order if you like.

http://postimage.org/image/6ws5r4937/

and when logging in for the first time it said something along the lines as you dont have access but i closed out, logged back in immediately and chose scII-2 and i got right in :)

*theDirtiest
Preordered today! Got the receipt from gamestop with the code!

FOR AUIR! TEMPESTS ARE SICK!
So with Amazon people say the codes aren't coming til the 20th, but the site itself says within 4 days of ordering. Which one is it? I ordered it 2 days ago and still don't have a code, but if it is the 4 days then I still have the potential for 2 more days before I will start getting worried. If it is not til the 20th would it just be better to cancel and go pre-order at gamestop?

Edit: I just looked at the site again.
"Pre-order Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm and get beta access. Beta Access codes will be sent starting on Saturday, November 17, 2012. We will email your code within 2 business days after you place your pre-order for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Standard or Collector’s Edition. Offers are valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."
It's completely legit.

Pre-purchased my copy at Gamestop, code came right on the receipt. Went to Battle.net, entered it and boom the client came up for download.
yup its legit got mine today at game stop at the bottom it has a typo that says heart of the storm beta key went to battle net enter it and it works
confirmed... ask them to print your receipt again if you've already preordered
Is anyone confirmed to getting the key from gamestop in Canada? I called the local gamestop and they said they didn't even have pre-order available.
Just got my key from gamestop in new port richey, FL. :)
Are you guys going to the store, or reordering over phone?
I wonder if this is true also with EBGames in Canada?
Called and they said they didn't have it, but I went to the store and preordered anyways and got the beta key.
11/15/2012 01:53 PMPosted by DerFuhrer
So with Amazon people say the codes aren't coming til the 20th

Also preordered from Amazon, if you check their website now it says they will send out the email with the Beta keys this Saturday.
I went back to Gamestop and had them search "Starcraft 2 Back up" at the recommendation of another of a different thread and the Beta popped right up. He gave me a key iwthout a problem after verifying my preorder
Gaystop is the worst place to buy any game... I remember the last time i bought a "new" game there... The disc was in 3 pieces with what looked like !@#$ smeared on it. No joke.
11/15/2012 07:37 PMPosted by dharkness
Gaystop is the worst place to buy any game... I remember the last time i bought a "new" game there... The disc was in 3 pieces with what looked like !@#$ smeared on it. No joke.

I've never had a single problem with gamestop. The people who work at my local one are all very cool, I have never gotten a defective game there, used or otherwise, and I dig the pre-order bonuses and that they do a midnight release for just about every game worth getting, including SC2.

Sounds like your sucks though - which is bad because it ruins the entire franchise for you. It would be like going to taco bell and finding a finger nail in your burrito - 99.9% of taco bells will never have this happen, but I guarantee you wont eat at taco bell again any time soon.
A didnt get one
edit-canada atleast
I have had the beta for months and havnt even played it. Is it that special?
11/15/2012 07:41 PMPosted by GameOfDrones

I've never had a single problem with gamestop. The people who work at my local one are all very cool, I have never gotten a defective game there, used or otherwise, and I dig the pre-order bonuses and that they do a midnight release for just about every game worth getting, including SC2.

Sounds like your sucks though - which is bad because it ruins the entire franchise for you. It would be like going to taco bell and finding a finger nail in your burrito - 99.9% of taco bells will never have this happen, but I guarantee you wont eat at taco bell again any time soon.

The guys at my local gamestop are also super cool. Never had any problems. I'm going to try this whole beta pre-order thing myself. I'll let you guys know how to goes tomorrow. Hurray for HOTS! :)
OK PEOPLE I'LL CLARIFY THE $5 FROM GAMESTOP ISSUE.
I just visited Gamestop and this is the conclusion. First off, you can pre-order HotS from gamestop with a $5 deposit. THIS MEANS, that you have successfully reserve a copy, but it does NOT mean you're getting the game for only 5$. This deposite of 5$ will decrease from the actual $40 that you will be paying later, meaning that you'll eventually still pay 40$ with tax.

If you don't want to read the first paragraph, read this next sentence.

YOU'LL STILL PAY 40$ FOR THE GAME EVENTUALLY. EVERY PREORDER WILL RESULT WITH THE SAME OUTCOME (the game is $40)

Was any of this ever debated at any point in the thread? I mean if you know the definitions of deposit and pre-order, you should already know this.