Thunder's and Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 1)

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
@CR:
Nice faction... so this is what that text adventure of yours is centered around... Keep it up!
Aquila et Umbram sounds much like cerberus from Mass Effect, no?

Doesn't really matter, I fell in love with this company! It will make a showing in both the story to come and the RP to come (unless you change your mind of coarse)
(=

Questions are on their way to you, CR.

Do you have a custom race/faction, war?
Markus, that is actually how I got some of my inspiration, but they are unique in my own way. They are truly off the radar except for a few people.
Um.. debating wether or not do write things up for the faction my char in This is Their Story is from; the New Republic...
11/08/2012 04:42 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Markus, that is actually how I got some of my inspiration, but they are unique in my own way. They are truly off the radar except for a few people.

for sure, they are different enough to where its totally unique. That was my first impression, that's all.

War, not sure what you mean "the new republic"
My character in This is Their Story (so annoying that I can't abbreviate the name...) is part of the New Republic. Think a relatively small, but wealthy star nation.
Their nanites prevent mind affecting attacks and such from having any affect. And they keep out prying psionics. Mental communication is all that's allowed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5pHM-o2_Dk&feature=related

While I wait for ze unit to be typed up by someone...now what should I name it?

Ursus, Ursus, that sounds catchy.
Owlfeathers, what do you think of my pre-planned RP Inception? You think Ceneris can make another appearance?

I'll mostly be browsing. I have a lot of notes to jot down.
Are they another mech race? No, bio-mechanical.
Where are they? Tal-darim territory, currently.
Where did they come from? Unknown Home world beyond the fringe worlds
Who is their leader? Hierarchy is Ant-like, so individual 'Queens' would be in charge, however, they answer to a 'High-Queen'

The Xel'naga, back when they had been active, had discovered this race when it was fighting with another. They had locked them up on an unknown planet, where they were forced to atone for their actions. They were not supposed to be released, but some of their bio-machines mimiced the signal of Terrazine, and the Tal'darim released them.

They do take prisoners, but unlike the Terran or Protoss, they assimilate and indoctrinate them into a Cultist-like individual which is bio-mechanical
This premise sounds very familiar. The bio-mech part that is.
If you have played C&C 3, you'd know what I'm talkin about by bio-mechanical.
They reminded me of Borgs. I have never played any C&C sadly.
What's C&C?

They sound like Husks from Mass Effect.
No, they aren't Borgs, nor Husks. Much more elegant than the two.

Imagine their entire body is a big machine. Hybridize those mechanical bits with flesh, and make it so they can mutate themselves in field using a meditation of sorts.

Also, this should help a bit to explain them: http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Scrin
What's C&C?

They sound like Husks from Mass Effect.

I would tell you to leave the room right now but as I have never played one, I cannot. It is the acronym for Command and Conquer, a RTS franchise for PC and EA currently has the rights to the game (I believe).
@ Markus.

Command and Conquer.
BWHAHAHAHA! By two seconds and we posted at the same time LEKroger!
Well that was luck I guess.

Yours was probably a little more informative anyway smylez.
Ok, just to add to a comment:

When you say Borg, I think Cybernetics/Bionics

Husks, I think of more robot than organic.