Lack of substance in the CE of HOTS?

General Discussion
I'm serious here. The best thing about the physical collectors edition is the BOX. It's the only thing you really are going to see if you have it near you and is pretty sturdy. Most definitely not worth it though. Give me some sweet swag!
I really don't see this collector's edition as being worth it. At least the WoL Collector's edition had USB drive with SC:BW on it. Maybe have a USB game with a copy of WoL?
Hm. I was thinking about getting the Digital Deluxe but now that you mention it, I don't have WoW or Diablo 3. I'm sticking with the Standard Version :D
11/13/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Rtsprog
I'll be buying the standard copy at a store. Need a disk in case some kind of Internet apocalypse happens.

You would not be able to play the game of that happened.

Sadly this is true....

edit: unfortunatly the quote didn't go through the 1st post
Infestor or banelings plushie is a must.
11/13/2012 03:43 PMPosted by UltraNoob
Hm. I was thinking about getting the Digital Deluxe but now that you mention it, I don't have WoW or Diablo 3. I'm sticking with the Standard Version :D

I have both but I don't play either of them anymore so it is worthless to me. Hence why I'm sticking with the standard version.

I think if blizzard wants to still sell Digital Deluxe Editions and Collector's editions then they should actually add more stuff for the game itself instead of nice little fluff stuff for their other games.
Perhaps we should request a sticky in order to show gather a larger consensus and more attention? I'm interested in hearing blizzard's response and the reactions of more of the target audience.
Either add more physical goodness or a price drop of $60. Either way if this collector's remains the same, I'm just going to cancel my order and wait for the price drop.
The lack a cool physical gimmick is really disappointing. I could cop the WoW mousepads because i got an in game pet. I was hoping for something at least as awesome as the D3 and WoL USBs, because they're really cool. Mousepads just aren't. Also i only just got my Panda mousepad, so not only is it just a mousepad, but it's one i don't even want to use. It's too soon to dump this one as i only got it and won't have had it what... 6 months by the time HotS comes out?

I'm sure i'll buy the damn thing anyway (fanboi much?) but this is really disappointing.
As lackluster as it seems, I still enjoy the items that do come along with it. I don't play WoW anymore, so the Baneling pet is of no use to me, but D3 I will enjoy the goodies on, plus the digital features for SC2. I love looking at the artbook and watching the DvD, and the soundtrack is alright to listen to once in awhile in the car.

Mainly the reason I will be buying the CE is because I got lucky and picked up the WoL CE from Gamestop, and it had been one that they found by accident (Don't ask me how that happened), so I went with the CE. It was my first CE I had ever bought before, so I decided that I'd pick up all the CEs for the SC2 trilogy. 2 for 3 so far!
The CE if HotS is certainly lacking. A bunch of worthless in game items for Blizzards other games. I don't play D3 or WoW but even if I did the 3 portraits, ultra skin, baneling pet should be $.99 each.
The lack a cool physical gimmick is really disappointing. I could cop the WoW mousepads because i got an in game pet. I was hoping for something at least as awesome as the D3 and WoL USBs, because they're really cool. Mousepads just aren't. Also i only just got my Panda mousepad, so not only is it just a mousepad, but it's one i don't even want to use. It's too soon to dump this one as i only got it and won't have had it what... 6 months by the time HotS comes out?

I'm sure i'll buy the damn thing anyway (fanboi much?) but this is really disappointing.

As lackluster as it seems, I still enjoy the items that do come along with it. I don't play WoW anymore, so the Baneling pet is of no use to me, but D3 I will enjoy the goodies on, plus the digital features for SC2. I love looking at the artbook and watching the DvD, and the soundtrack is alright to listen to once in awhile in the car.

Mainly the reason I will be buying the CE is because I got lucky and picked up the WoL CE from Gamestop, and it had been one that they found by accident (Don't ask me how that happened), so I went with the CE. It was my first CE I had ever bought before, so I decided that I'd pick up all the CEs for the SC2 trilogy. 2 for 3 so far!

all the right things... for all the wrong reasons?
While your reason are by no means flawed I would like to point out the lack of posts stating that they will get the box for the items included. Instead the majority of the eventual customers are getting it purely because they are fans and its the CE...
These kind of posts are great to hear especially from Blizzards perspective I just don't feel like blizzard should rely on loyal fans for the purchase. People should want to buy the CE because of the deal and the perks. It's a collectors edition meant to reward loyal fans who wish to support the company. Not feel like an obligation that we must do to prove our fandom.

Also for a large group of people not only is the Baneling pet of no use, but after Diablo 3's flop (from what I've heard) the Diablo skin won't be of much use either. Limiting the collectors edition to the few (albeit interesting) decals, portraits, dvd, art book, pad, and soundtrack...

And I will admit the included features are great, for me mainly the DVD and art book, but they still are respectable features however it doesn't excuse questioning on its combined worth.
Well I'm getting the CE anyway. Is it worth $40 extra? Well I'm not completely sure, but I've played WoL so much and I know HotS won't be disappointing and I'll be playing it for years, so I'm just getting the CE anyway because the bonuses seem decent.
11/14/2012 06:02 AMPosted by Polychrome
Possibly a Kerrigan blow up doll should be added.

Human or zergian?
11/14/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Toortanga
Possibly a Kerrigan blow up doll should be added.

Human or zergian?

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/11/Kerrigan-610x339.jpg

Hybrid.

Also DAMN there are some weird people out there. I don't suggest doing a search for "kerrigan" with the safe search off.