Hots Beta Open?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
11/13/2012 03:23 AMPosted by PhantomNVD
Am I the first to Prepurchase HOTS today?

Probably today in NA. But the purchase probably already want live in EU and KR.
blizzard should give the people who were affected by this access to the beta
11/13/2012 04:28 AMPosted by Topaly
blizzard should give the people who were affected by this access to the beta
Yes they should. And if there is a prepurchase available, I would avoid it at all costs. If they cannot even control a "bug" that somehow gives beta access to everyone with a Starcraft 2 account... I wouldn't be trusting them with keeping prepurchase records, either financial, or the game records itself. It is sad to see such a good company from the past, crumble in the present, bit by bit.
Downloaded the beta client but no log-in for me... :'(
oh THE HUMANITY I am so butthurt
11/13/2012 10:01 AMPosted by youngkrazz
oh THE HUMANITY I am so butthurt
lol

11/13/2012 10:00 AMPosted by MaluM
Downloaded the beta client but no log-in for me... :'(
DB GGs you.
Looking foward to it!!
A cruel Thanksgiving taunt.
I think on Amazon, Team Liquid was offering a beta with per-purchase of the 40 dollar game. Part of some special deal their doing... Can anyone confirm this?
11/13/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Contagion
I think on Amazon, Team Liquid was offering a beta with per-purchase of the 40 dollar game. Part of some special deal their doing... Can anyone confirm this?

Why don't you confirm this yourself by doing a simple search or going to the TL website? Lol.
The hots beta wasnt a bug. i called blizzard they said that yes, the beta is fully public now and its just going through manufacturer maintenance, therefor they do not know how long the beta will be shutdown.
11/13/2012 11:42 PMPosted by TechNo

Why don't you confirm this yourself by doing a simple search or going to the TL website? Lol.

I did. That's where I read it. I'm just wondering if someone actually bought it, and if they've received the beta code yet. It's too early, but I'm hoping reports of confirmation will come in soon.

11/14/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Xenomorph
The hots beta wasnt a bug. i called blizzard they said that yes, the beta is fully public now and its just going through manufacturer maintenance, therefor they do not know how long the beta will be shutdown.

I hope your right. So excited!!!;)
lol yeah right.

Replay or it didn't happen... i just got refunded my prepurchase as they ARE NOT giving Beta access, and Cust services knew nothing about it???

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7004017365?page=2
BEta from Amazon just substantiated by Blizz Cust services.... refunded my direct digital purchase, confirming the Amazon *BOX* copy DOES include Beta access..

"This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings XXXXX,

It appears that the *box* copy that Amazon is stelling will grant access to the Beta. Customer Support has not been told how much Amazon has invested to provide such a promotion. I presume that Beta access is offered due to the fact that they cannot offer a digital copy of our game and must ship a retail box version to you; but that is only my personal assumption

However, per your, a refund has been requested for order #XXXXXXXX in the amount of $39.99 USD. Your refund will be completed within 5-10 business days depending on the ability of your financial institution to process the transaction, and it will take the form of a credit issued directly to the payment method billed.

While we are happy to provide this refund for you, please note that the Game Key associated with this digital download will no longer be valid and immediate access will not be available until you add the game key from the box version shipped to you by Amazon.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket. If you would rather speak with someone directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs."

So they would rather we get it from Amazon, who must get a cut, and make Blizz print a box/disk/booklet FOR THE SAME PRICE than just allocate Beta access directly?

interesting......
If more and more people get Beta access, I can say I'm pretty dissapointing, after being a Blizzard faithful follower for over 10 years, I've never received a beta invitation. :'(
11/15/2012 01:13 AMPosted by Victor
If more and more people get Beta access, I can say I'm pretty dissapointing, after being a Blizzard faithful follower for over 10 years, I've never received a beta invitation. :'(
SC2 WOL beta became completely open access within the couple months before release... Did you miss out on that?

D3 also had 1 weekend of free open beta access.