No Offracing Allowed

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 11 12 13 15 Next
11/03/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Blackbox
Having different mmrs for the practice area (unranked play) makes a lot of sense. We'll discuss it internally as well to see what the best direction is.

-_- 걍 언랭크같은거 버리고 종족별 랭크해주심 안될까요?
언랭크 하고 싶으면 커스톰 게임하면 되니까요.

Can anybody translate that? I don't speak nor read...whatever that is.
11/03/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Doncroft

It looks like Korean, but I certainly can't translate it. Except maybe the "-_-" part.

Google Translate says:
Suggestion just for like frozen rank abandon race-specific rank haejusim(?)? Custom language if you want to rank you'll hold the game.

It detected it as Korean.
Probably some butchering of the translation by Google... But it's sort of jibberish.
11/02/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Dayvie
Having different mmrs for the practice area (unranked play) makes a lot of sense. We'll discuss it internally as well to see what the best direction is.

Hey! They like our idea! Very cool.

Makes me feel suave, being the first one in to discuss this with Doncroft. :D
11/03/2012 02:54 PMPosted by IndigO

'Tis Korean. All of those characters are made up of hangul.

Google Translate says:
Suggestion just for like frozen rank abandon race-specific rank haejusim(?)? Custom language if you want to rank you'll hold the game.

Probably some butchering of the translation by Google... But it's sort of jibberish.

I think the translated Korean text might be suggesting something about choosing whether to play a match using your ranked MMR or a seperate MMR per race.... but I'm not sure.
How about you just have 3 MMR's each time you play a race you get placed into a league and when people look at your profile they see your rank with each race so if your a terran masters but ur a bronze/silver zerg and protoss it doesnt hurt your masters rank it only affects your other races rank
11/02/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Doncroft
I'm sorry, but stop being such a whiny little girl about this and just play your off race. Or you could be man, and pick random like I do.

Wow. Do you think anyone will take you seriously with an attitude like that? Or are you trolling?

I don't care if anyone takes me seriously or not, although they should. People are whining and whining, when they should just play their off race and stop caring so much about their mmr or league.
11/03/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Sirrom

Wow. Do you think anyone will take you seriously with an attitude like that? Or are you trolling?

I don't care if anyone takes me seriously or not, although they should. People are whining and whining, when they should just play their off race and stop caring so much about their mmr or league.

Pls come back in 10 years when you understand the difference between criticizing and whining. Maybe people will take you seriously then.
11/02/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Dayvie

WAIT WAIT WAIT did he change his post or did I read it completely wrong the first time? IDGAF about unranked games.

So now we have sixteen (4 races*4 leagues (1v1, 2v2, etc)) separate MMRs for each account AND sixteen separate League ranks per account?

Not everyone plays 1v1,2v2,3v3 and 4v4 with all diferent races... besides u have a different MMR with each teammate now so u can have sixteen separate MMR in a same account at the moment, databases are quick now and we have the technology to have more MMRs.

Pls come back in 10 years when you understand the difference between criticizing and whining. Maybe people will take you seriously then.

They care about finding an equally leveled opponent though, not about rank. I'm masters zerg and like gold/plat terran/protoss, I can't offrace, I will be matched against a master guy who will not even let me use the late units (cause he will kill me min 10, and since i'm gold as protoss, i need 30 min to get my late units)
I'll translate the korean and be back by tomorrow night in the least.
11/04/2012 03:57 AMPosted by PyramidS
Hi, I'm Doncroft. I'm a sissy nanny who can't handle people with the skill to off-race. I'm diamond but I'm going to speak for pro players.

Im not too sure you understand the thread.
11/04/2012 04:20 AMPosted by AamDamnd
Hi, I'm Doncroft. I'm a sissy nanny who can't handle people with the skill to off-race. I'm diamond but I'm going to speak for pro players.

Im not too sure you understand the thread.

Not at all. Glad to see that Blizzard has taken notice of this; big shout out to D. Kim.

I still have my doubts about this, but I'm certainly open to it, at least on Unranked ladder. Really nice to see the community rallying around this.
Solid work Don!

last time i checked the vast majority who play this are not pro players.
This is such an important topic. I hope they keep it very serious. Random is not what we are looking for. And playing against similarly skilled players is the point.

If I offrace for a while and land 2 leagues below my main, then on days when I want to play my main I'm way overqualified and it's no fun for anybody in the game. Then if I play the 3rd race the next day, suddenly I'm underqualified and getting stomped too easily and nobody is having fun.
Honestly, if they only do it for unranked games it would still help a lot. Because you do play against the same players when doing that.

Obviously the ideal would be an MMR per race in ranked, then you'd see all your cool progressions and stuff (that's what I want).

Finally a mature, level-headed individual who comprehends my true motivations. ;=}
11/04/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Doncroft

Finally a mature, level-headed individual who comprehends my true motivations. ;=}

Didn't they leave forever a few days ago? Hmmmm.....

11/04/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Wogrim
did he change his post or did I read it completely wrong the first time?

It hasn't changed.